Why does my xbox x series randomly drop upload speed? Please help! Its been a on going...

Discus and support Why does my xbox x series randomly drop upload speed? Please help! Its been a on going... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a xbox X series (ethernet) and two xbox ones (wireless) on the same network with 1gb download and 20+mb upload speed with my isp. Randomly my x... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Will McD, Apr 4, 2023.

1. Will McD
    Will McD Guest

Why does my xbox x series randomly drop upload speed? Please help! Its been a on going...

I have a xbox X series (ethernet) and two xbox ones (wireless) on the same network with 1gb download and 20+mb upload speed with my isp. Randomly my x series drops to less than 1mb of upload speed. Ive ran speed test on all my devices on my network and only my x series is effected everything else runs correctly. Ive tried different ethernet cords, switching to wireless even switched isp providers. The only thing that seems to temporarily fix it is factory resetting the 2 in 1 modem/router (last isp it was seperate router modem only needing to factory reset the router).

:)

Will McD, Apr 4, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Why does my xbox x series randomly drop upload speed? Please help! Its been a on going issue causing lag, rubberbanding, and even disconnecting

Hi Will!

Since it only happens to your Series X console, it's possible that the issue is on its system.

Have you tried to perform a factory reset on your Series X console?
    Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.
    Select Reset console.
    On the Reset your console? Please choose “Reset and keep my games & apps”

If that doesn't work, our best option is to manually setup your router with port forwarding. You may need assistance from your ISP in configuring your router. Learn more about Port Forwarding here https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...
  3. ngocphi Win User

why does my xbox one x say my ssd is too slow

It should br noted the speed requirements is jlnot just limited go the port

Thr read ANd write speeds count not all hdds and ssd are created equal

And sometimes it's the cable

And what does it say on the back of your console you sure its a xbox one x or a series x

If it's a series x (there is no ONE in the series name) then no hdd will be fast enough
  4. Helm Rider Win User

Tested Xbox in but looses the Xbox live when I start a game

Back again for help. I have managed to get into the account, but after a few minutes it drops the link to Xbox live! I have tested my internet speed. 5.38mb download speed 0.37mb upload 337ms ping time. So its not the internet problem. PLEASE can you
    help
  5. S0N OF GOTHAM Win User

I'm on the east coast and have Cox. For the past month my upload speed barely hits 3 when it was normally above 10 consistently only on my Xbox. What can I do?

Sorry that's Mb/s. I have tried using a new cable. My download speeds have been pretty solid consistently it's just been my upload that randomly dropped drastically and had never returned to normal. It seems like my ISP and MS servers arent interacting
    well for some reason.
  6. ZombieDisko Win User

Slow Download Speeds

Im having the same issue. Fast speeds on everything except my Series X.

I can't even let it go into sandby mode to download and update my games because it drops the connection and tries to download the next title, then the next title, and they all fail.

Not sure what's going on.

I'm using a wired connection and it still does it.
Thema:

1. Why does my xbox x series randomly drop upload speed? Please help! Its been a on going... - Similar Threads - Why does series

2. Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .: Why..... is the question ... what is real how do you define real...(that's where is shuts off haha) Everytime i try to play the matrix demo my console shuts down there's a green screen for a split...
  3. Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?: Hello, I bought the series X last week and I have had constant issues with Xbox not connecting to the WiFi, after it was set up, when I start the system. Absolutely nothing changes. The system...
  4. why does my xbox series x controller keep disconnected

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series x controller keep disconnected: my xbox series x controller keeps disconnecting i changed the batteries i couldnt resync the controller until i turned off the power supply but took about 2 minutes and the controller again...
  5. Why does my Xbox series x/s wireless controller disconnect when my Xbox one disconnects...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox series x/s wireless controller disconnect when my Xbox one disconnects...: When I came back home as I brought my Xbox to my friends house, it always disconnects from the WiFi and I don't know why. When it disconnected, my controller also disconnected....
  6. Why does My Xbox series x continues to not connect to the internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does My Xbox series x continues to not connect to the internet?: When playing for some time once the console is turned off,and when you turn it on again to play the WiFi disconnects and will not connect whatever I do,I’ve had to completely reset the console in...
  7. Why does my elite controller series two disconnect when wire isn’t plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite controller series two disconnect when wire isn’t plugged in: My elite series two controller keeps on disconnecting when the wire isn’t connected, I’ll be using it then suddenly I can’t move in my game or scroll on YouTube I look down and see the light...
  8. Why does my Xbox series s have so many bugs ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox series s have so many bugs ?: I’ve had this Xbox series s for about a year now and taken care of it perfectly but I’ve randomly started to encounter bugs after bugs after more random bugs so first I was experiencing really bad...
  9. Why does my series x not make the chime noise when i turn it on and off?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my series x not make the chime noise when i turn it on and off?: Does anyone know how to fix this? 2966b0b0-38b5-4363-b5a6-9f5cd45a4763
  10. Why does my Xbox Series X keep crashing when trying to run online multi-player games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox Series X keep crashing when trying to run online multi-player games?: When running certain games over the past year (MW3, Forza Horizon, MLB the Show), my Xbox keep closing the game application and return me to the home screen. Most times, this causes me to lose the...