Why does my Xbox series X keep crashing on series X/S optimised games and how do I stop it?

Discus and support Why does my Xbox series X keep crashing on series X/S optimised games and how do I stop it? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My Xbox series X keeps crashing on games for the Xbox series X such as F1 2021 F1 22 GTA(but not as much as the F1 games) and sometimes fortnite Some... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Layne Fada, May 10, 2023.

1. Layne Fada
    Layne Fada Guest

Why does my Xbox series X keep crashing on series X/S optimised games and how do I stop it?

My Xbox series X keeps crashing on games for the Xbox series X such as F1 2021 F1 22 GTA(but not as much as the F1 games) and sometimes fortnite

Some games work without crashing,and those include

Forza Horizon 4

Forza Horizon 5

Hitman 3

(These are all Xbox series X/S games)

Non Xbox series X/S optimised games work perfectly without crashing

So could someone please help

:)

Layne Fada, May 10, 2023
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Red Dead Redemption 2 bad graphics

Hi,

Red Dead Redemption 2 on Xbox was only optimised for Xbox One X it hasn't been optimised for the Series S or X hardware. On the Series S it runs in Xbox One Backwards compatibility mode. As such, it runs at around 900P (around 1600x900). This means it will look quite soft looking on a 4K display, although it should not affect the colours or the contrast.

Unfortunately, RDR2 is not great on the Series S, especially on a 4K display. FIFA 23 is Series S|X optimised, which is why this game looks a lot better.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Optimized Games X|S

Hi,

Both Series X/S games and Xbox One games that been optimised (I'm British) for Series X/S must be installed on either the internal storage or the expansion card. They can not be run from a USB connected storage device. My optimised Series X/S Xbox One games
    were moved to my Expansion card during their update.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Can you use external hard drives on xbox series s

Hi,

Series X|S optimised games can only run on either the internal storage or expansion card. You can 'store' Series X|S on a USB hard drive/SSD for later but you can't play them from these drives as they're not fast enough.

Xbox One games that are not optimised for Series X|S can be run from USB Storage.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Updates download location

Yeah I understand this, but like I said before...all the games are in the external, but for whatever reason is upgrading and updating to the internal.
    This behaviour only occurs on Series X|S optimised games and only on the series X|S console.

Basically, if you have an Series X and your Xbox One game has been optimised for the system it will be moved to the faster storage during the update.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox storage confusion

The max speed of the USB ports on the Series S and X is 500MB/s, therefore any external SSD drive would be limited to this speed.

Forza Horizon 4 doesn't have a Series X|S specific version. It was designed to run on a mechanical hard drive. It will work fine on an external SSD, with much faster loading times.

The basic rule for Xbox Series X|S development is that games for the system must be run on faster storage. Does a simple game like Among Us need faster storage? Probably not, but this is the rule that Microsoft laid down for the 'Optimised for Xbox Series X|S' feature to be added to a game.

It is, and I would assume, still would be up, up to individual developers to make their game either a 'Gen 9 aware' title or an 'Optimised for Series X'. I doubt you're going to see any more Gen 9 aware games though.
Thema:

1. Why does my Xbox series X keep crashing on series X/S optimised games and how do I stop it? - Similar Threads - Why does series

2. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  3. Why does my series x do this

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my series x do this: since i got my series x whenever i turn it on and on the home screen it says connect to the xbox network after 10 to 30 seconds it connects by itself. Is this normal?...
  4. Why does Microsoft false advertise the Xbox series s?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does Microsoft false advertise the Xbox series s?: Why was the series s advertised with 512GB when in reality 112 of the 512 is used for god knows what and you don’t get a choice in that. But when you turn on the console and go into storage that’s...
  5. Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .: Why..... is the question ... what is real how do you define real...(that's where is shuts off haha) Everytime i try to play the matrix demo my console shuts down there's a green screen for a split...
  6. Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?: Hello, I bought the series X last week and I have had constant issues with Xbox not connecting to the WiFi, after it was set up, when I start the system. Absolutely nothing changes. The system...
  7. why does my xbox series x controller keep disconnected

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series x controller keep disconnected: my xbox series x controller keeps disconnecting i changed the batteries i couldnt resync the controller until i turned off the power supply but took about 2 minutes and the controller again...
  8. Why does my Xbox series x/s wireless controller disconnect when my Xbox one disconnects...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox series x/s wireless controller disconnect when my Xbox one disconnects...: When I came back home as I brought my Xbox to my friends house, it always disconnects from the WiFi and I don't know why. When it disconnected, my controller also disconnected....
  9. Why does My Xbox series x continues to not connect to the internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does My Xbox series x continues to not connect to the internet?: When playing for some time once the console is turned off,and when you turn it on again to play the WiFi disconnects and will not connect whatever I do,I’ve had to completely reset the console in...
  10. Why does my elite controller series two disconnect when wire isn’t plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite controller series two disconnect when wire isn’t plugged in: My elite series two controller keeps on disconnecting when the wire isn’t connected, I’ll be using it then suddenly I can’t move in my game or scroll on YouTube I look down and see the light...