Why does my Xbox series s not wanna play games when it is hooked up to my sound bar via hdmi

Discus and support Why does my Xbox series s not wanna play games when it is hooked up to my sound bar via hdmi in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I got this 120hz gaming monitor and this sound bar. There are 3 hdmi ports on the back of the sound bar and only one hdmi on the monitor I got one... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Isaiah Navarro, Dec 24, 2022.

1. Why does my Xbox series s not wanna play games when it is hooked up to my sound bar via hdmi

So I got this 120hz gaming monitor and this sound bar. There are 3 hdmi ports on the back of the sound bar and only one hdmi on the monitor I got one hdmi wire running from the monitor to the sound bar and that’s how it’s connected and it’s also connected to the monitor via aux. The Xbox series s is connected to the sound bar via hdmi because the instructions said I could connect a gaming console to it and it would show up on the screen I got the home menu to pop up and I can mess with the settings but whenever I try to play a game the monitor goes black and says no signal plz help

:)

Isaiah Navarro, Dec 24, 2022
  2. ReynaldoB Win User

Why does my Xbox series s not wanna play games when it is hooked up to my sound bar via hdmi

Hello Isaiah Navarro!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely

Microsoft Community Forum Moderator
  3. ReynaldoB Win User

Hi Isaiah Navarro,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community Forum. I hope you're doing well.

Based on your descripton, it seems to be that you are unable to play your Xbox games when connected to a soundbar. Let's work together to find the best solution to this problem.

I would like to ask a few questions to better understand the problem.

• Was this working before?
    • Does this issue only happen wen connected to the soundbar?
    • Have you checked if your HDMI is connected properly to the device?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've already tried to fix the problem?
    • Can you please provide us a photo of the monitor that goes black with no signal?
    Those above questions would help us provide the necessary information. Once we collect all the information, we will formulate the feasible resolution to help you with your case.

I look forward to your reply.

Sincerely

Microsoft Community Forum Moderator
  4. JimmiGenius Win User

5.1 Uncompressed audio via HDMI connection

After reading some other forums, I changed the Video setting on the Xbox One from "Auto-detect" to "HDMI." After doing this, I was able to select "5.1 uncompressed" from the audio menu on the Xbox without getting an error. However, at
    this point, I was getting no sound. After a few hours of frustration (I thought it might be an HDMI handshake issue), I decided to hook my Xbox One directly to my sound bar via an extra HDMI input on the sound bar and then hook the sound bar up to my TV using
    my HDMI ARC input. I now have surround sound!

The downside is that when I switch HDMI inputs on the TV, I have to switch inputs on the sound bar as well. I thought the promise of ARC was that the TV would act as the switcher for audio.

I won't complain at this point, but any thoughts on why I would need to hook the Xbox One directly to my sound bar for surround sound to work vs. hooking the sound bar up to my ARC input? When I didn't have a direct HDMI connection between the Xbox One
    and the sound bar, I could get stereo uncompressed sound just fine. Is it a limitation of the TV? Could it be an outdated HDMI cord? Any thoughts appreciated.
  5. ChimpanzeZero6 Win User

No digital sound output on S/PDIF port when playing a dvd

Sorry for not answering back, I have been away from my xbox for some time.

> Is it a sort of sharp popping sound?

Yes, you could describe it like that.

> does your console play DVD's fine when hooked up to a display via standard HDMI?

Yes, the dvd playing through hdmi is fine. I have both sound and picture sent through hdmi. The problem is the sound not being sent on the S/PDIF output when I am playing a dvd.

> It is sounding less like a software issue, and more like a firmware one.

Is there a way to try and re-flash the xbox?
  6. BlakePenfield Win User

Xbox Seriex X - Atmos 7.1 Audio Clipping

Same issue here.

I’ve got my Series X hooked up to a brand new LG C2 using the HDMI cord that came with the Series X.

I’ve got an Atmos-enabled Vizio sound bar (5.1 + two height speakers in the sound bar) hooked into the TV’s HDMI-Arc port.

I have no issues with Atmos sound when playing games on Series X. I have no issues when watching Atmos-compatible movies in streaming apps like Apple or Disney+.

But, when I play an Atmos-enabled 4K Blu-ray Disc on the Series X blu-ray app, I get this weird audio buffer after a few minutes. The movie may go 20 minutes without, but once is starts going it gets more consistent. This issue persists regardless of which Atmost-enabled 4K Blu-ray I use.

I’ve tried messing with the settings - switching back and forth on allowing pass through, etc.

Funny thing is, on my older TV (a TCL Series 6 which was not VRR or 120 hz compatible) I had zero issues. My Series X would play Atmos 4K blu-rays no problem. Only difference I can think of is that on my old setup I hooked the Series X directly into the input of the sound bar and then output from the sound bar into the TV (it was the only way I could get Atmos to work on the old TCL Series 6). On my current set up with the LG C2 I don’t do that because passing the Series X through the sound bar would take away the VRR and 120 hz capabilities my new TV can do.

Can anyone help?
Thema:

1. Why does my Xbox series s not wanna play games when it is hooked up to my sound bar via hdmi - Similar Threads - Why does series

2. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  3. Why does my series x do this

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my series x do this: since i got my series x whenever i turn it on and on the home screen it says connect to the xbox network after 10 to 30 seconds it connects by itself. Is this normal?...
  4. Why does Microsoft false advertise the Xbox series s?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does Microsoft false advertise the Xbox series s?: Why was the series s advertised with 512GB when in reality 112 of the 512 is used for god knows what and you don’t get a choice in that. But when you turn on the console and go into storage that’s...
  5. Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .: Why..... is the question ... what is real how do you define real...(that's where is shuts off haha) Everytime i try to play the matrix demo my console shuts down there's a green screen for a split...
  6. Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?: Hello, I bought the series X last week and I have had constant issues with Xbox not connecting to the WiFi, after it was set up, when I start the system. Absolutely nothing changes. The system...
  7. why does my xbox series x controller keep disconnected

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series x controller keep disconnected: my xbox series x controller keeps disconnecting i changed the batteries i couldnt resync the controller until i turned off the power supply but took about 2 minutes and the controller again...
  8. Why does my Xbox series x/s wireless controller disconnect when my Xbox one disconnects...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox series x/s wireless controller disconnect when my Xbox one disconnects...: When I came back home as I brought my Xbox to my friends house, it always disconnects from the WiFi and I don't know why. When it disconnected, my controller also disconnected....
  9. Why does My Xbox series x continues to not connect to the internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does My Xbox series x continues to not connect to the internet?: When playing for some time once the console is turned off,and when you turn it on again to play the WiFi disconnects and will not connect whatever I do,I’ve had to completely reset the console in...
  10. Why does my elite controller series two disconnect when wire isn’t plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite controller series two disconnect when wire isn’t plugged in: My elite series two controller keeps on disconnecting when the wire isn’t connected, I’ll be using it then suddenly I can’t move in my game or scroll on YouTube I look down and see the light...