Why does my Xbox One turn on randomly?

Discus and support Why does my Xbox One turn on randomly? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have read all the post and articles claiming it’s something touching the button be it a pet or dirt/dust but that makes no sense to me as is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DrDubya, Aug 16, 2022.

1. DrDubya
    DrDubya Guest

I have read all the post and articles claiming it’s something touching the button be it a pet or dirt/dust but that makes no sense to me as is impossible for my setup.

It’s not a hardware issue as I have 2 side by side and they randomly both turn on whilst being in a cupboard behind glass.

If I make it turn off fully not standby it will stay off.

Clearly this is deliberate and I want to have it stopped. Whatever data being collected I revoke my permission to be collected (ip address at minimum I suspect to try and deduce location).

:)

DrDubya, Aug 16, 2022
  2. OnnyxCorp Win User

It's expected behavior and intended to check for available updates and download them when the xbox is not in use. You can turn this feature off in the xbox settings since you seem so concerned about your privacy.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Drdubya

May I know if you have remote features enabled in your console?
    And, which one do you have?
    Do you have automatic updates enabled?
  4. CinderGhost Win User

Why does my xbox one randomly turn itself on?

Is your xbox up-to-date? I think I've read somewhere before that it will turn on sometimes to try to install updates if it really needs them. Kind of creepy tbh.
  5. SkivoJ Win User

Why does my xbox one randomly turn itself on?

Is your xbox up-to-date? I think I've read somewhere before that it will turn on sometimes to try to install updates if it really needs them. Kind of creepy tbh.
    This xbox gets used on a weekly basis and the core system updated regularly and in a timely manner (though not all apps/games are always up-to-date).

As a side note, we do have 2 xboxs in the house, which is why I tested it without networking connected, just in case they were talking to each other.
  6. U Shmoking Weed Win User

Xbox 360 Slim Power Brick Problem

I have no idea,but mine has the EXACT same problems. I don't know why it is doing that, but does your xbox turn off randomly? When my does I think the power supply over heats.
Thema:

1. Why does my Xbox One turn on randomly? - Similar Threads - Why does turn

2. Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it my household socket and turned on does it set...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it my household socket and turned on does it set...: Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it in my household socket and turned on does it set sombodys house alarm start blaring thanks in advance 3446b748-880c-421d-b13b-a923768fc288
  3. Why does all three of my USB ports keep turning off and on again when the xbox is on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does all three of my USB ports keep turning off and on again when the xbox is on?: It's as if all three USB ports just cut out. Which is a major inconvenience if I'm playing a game on an external hardrive or using a wired controller. All of this whilst my xbox is turned on btw....
  4. Why does my xbox one turn on and then off straight away?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox one turn on and then off straight away?: Hi, I was wondering why when i turn my xbox one console on, why it turns on with no startup sounds and 5 seconds later it turns off. It started Yesterday, I was on it watching youtube when all of...
  5. Why does my series x not make the chime noise when i turn it on and off?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my series x not make the chime noise when i turn it on and off?: Does anyone know how to fix this? 2966b0b0-38b5-4363-b5a6-9f5cd45a4763
  6. Why Does My Controller Flash Every Time I Turn It On?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why Does My Controller Flash Every Time I Turn It On?: Every time I restart my computer and get on it and turn on my controller (which is a elite series 2 and its plugged in) it just flashes, I also know that the usb works because I have used the same...
  7. Why does my xbox one keep turning off once I turn it on

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my xbox one keep turning off once I turn it on: I've tried turning my xbox on but it just turns off after does this mean the xbox is broken? 0d53436b-7659-4e05-8b51-df3af99090cd
  8. why does my xbox keep going to one guide when I turn it on?

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my xbox keep going to one guide when I turn it on?: So whenever I turn my xbox on it goes to one quide and keeps asking me to plug in a cable or satellite but I don't have any of those I usually just exit the app but it happens everytime and I'm...
  9. Why does my controller have to turn off why I want to play on keyboard and mouse

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my controller have to turn off why I want to play on keyboard and mouse: Why does the controller have to have a timed shut off? Please make this an option! It’s really annoying when there are certain times I want to use the controller for a game or if I want to use...
  10. Why does my xbox turn off when it starts the third update bar for the console, it just...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox turn off when it starts the third update bar for the console, it just...: Why does my xbox turn off when it starts the third update bar for the console, it just turns off and thats it then i have to restart the update every time 1c8704b4-da52-4e52-a310-f815f117ae43