Why does my Xbox One S turn itself on when I turn my bedroom light on?

Discus and support Why does my Xbox One S turn itself on when I turn my bedroom light on? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I haven't found any setting that should let it do that and it isn't plugged into anything that should let it do that, it is convinient having my Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by mr something560, Dec 19, 2022.

1. Why does my Xbox One S turn itself on when I turn my bedroom light on?

I haven't found any setting that should let it do that and it isn't plugged into anything that should let it do that, it is convinient having my Xbox and TV turn on as soon as I get back from highschool or just coming back in general but it's a bit wierd that it does that (Xbox turns TV on with a setting I have enabled). This started happening around a week ago but I only really noticed and became concerned when a friend pointed it out when he crashed round my place and said it's wierd that it does that. Anything helps really, I'm not looking for solutions to stop it, just why it's happening and maybe how to toggle it on and off.

:)

mr something560, Dec 19, 2022
  2. mr something560 Win User

I've checked everything I could and the only reason I could come up with after a bit of research and testing is, maybe, since I have the Xbox plugged into an English extension lead that's plugged into a Spanish adapter, when I turn my light on, it affects the electrical current, changing the amount of electricity that's rushing through the cables and reaching my console for a split second, becuase it has to travel through an adapter, than an extension cord while also powering my TV and other appliances I may have plugged in there at the time, it might be starting the console by turning it off for a split second because the electricity doesn't reach it and turning it on again when the power reaches it (kind of like jumpstarting it). The only damage there is in the whole set is on the plug on the power cord for the Xbox (let me explain). The upper longer prong (it's an English plug) snapped inside the extension cable, but that part only serves to open the shutters in the socket so that the two shorter prongs that carry the electrical current can enter it, doesn't make a difference to the power that's reaching the Xbox. Only inconvenience is I can't plug the Xbox into another socket, that's all. Let me know if that might be it or not, I live in Spain just incase that helps with anything šŸ‘.
  3. Onyx Is Here Win User

Hello mr, sorry to hear you're having trouble with the console.

I've never heard of something like this before that is frequent and regular such as you explain. I don't believe it would be a setting on the console itself. I think what you should do is start by looking at the wiring from the switch.

Does it link to where the console is plugged in? You can check this by plugging the console into a different plug then trying the switch again.

As for it turning on by itself it's possible that there's some dirt in the Xbox power button. You could try putting a small amount of rubbing alcohol on a q-tip then gently rub around the power button to try and clean out any possible dust or dirt.
  4. GrapeDrank101 Win User

Why does my XBOX turn on when I turn my bedroom lights on?

When we first moved in. I'll definitely look into it!
  5. GrapeDrank101 Win User

Its temporary. It was plugged into the surge protector, however I had joint custody of it with my ex and it was a hassle to keep trying to move my dresser and feed the cords behind everything. Now that its mine, it will be happily plugged directly into
    the wall when I mount my shelves. šŸ˜
  6. turbosn8l Win User

Woah! That's pretty uncommon. Did you have an electrician do an assessment.

Best do because you might surge your xbox.
Thema:

1. Why does my Xbox One S turn itself on when I turn my bedroom light on? - Similar Threads - Why does turn

2. Why does all three of my USB ports keep turning off and on again when the xbox is on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does all three of my USB ports keep turning off and on again when the xbox is on?: It's as if all three USB ports just cut out. Which is a major inconvenience if I'm playing a game on an external hardrive or using a wired controller. All of this whilst my xbox is turned on btw....
  3. Why does my xbox one turn on and then off straight away?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox one turn on and then off straight away?: Hi, I was wondering why when i turn my xbox one console on, why it turns on with no startup sounds and 5 seconds later it turns off. It started Yesterday, I was on it watching youtube when all of...
  4. Why does my series x not make the chime noise when i turn it on and off?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my series x not make the chime noise when i turn it on and off?: Does anyone know how to fix this? 2966b0b0-38b5-4363-b5a6-9f5cd45a4763
  5. Why Does My Controller Flash Every Time I Turn It On?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why Does My Controller Flash Every Time I Turn It On?: Every time I restart my computer and get on it and turn on my controller (which is a elite series 2 and its plugged in) it just flashes, I also know that the usb works because I have used the same...
  6. Why does my xbox one keep turning off once I turn it on

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my xbox one keep turning off once I turn it on: I've tried turning my xbox on but it just turns off after does this mean the xbox is broken? 0d53436b-7659-4e05-8b51-df3af99090cd
  7. why does my xbox keep going to one guide when I turn it on?

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my xbox keep going to one guide when I turn it on?: So whenever I turn my xbox on it goes to one quide and keeps asking me to plug in a cable or satellite but I don't have any of those I usually just exit the app but it happens everytime and I'm...
  8. Why does my controller have to turn off why I want to play on keyboard and mouse

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my controller have to turn off why I want to play on keyboard and mouse: Why does the controller have to have a timed shut off? Please make this an option! Itā€™s really annoying when there are certain times I want to use the controller for a game or if I want to use...
  9. Why does my xbox turn off when it starts the third update bar for the console, it just...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox turn off when it starts the third update bar for the console, it just...: Why does my xbox turn off when it starts the third update bar for the console, it just turns off and thats it then i have to restart the update every time 1c8704b4-da52-4e52-a310-f815f117ae43
  10. Why does my xbox one s keep turning off 10 seconds into loading up and then turn back on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox one s keep turning off 10 seconds into loading up and then turn back on...: It's what the question is. 1cfe7cc4-c4f8-4890-8634-c689063cacd1