Why does my xbox one read a ssd as a media player

Discus and support Why does my xbox one read a ssd as a media player in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I put in my hp ssd p500 but my xbox reads it as a media player. I wanted to use the ssd as a gigabyte expansion. c016e10d-6337-4924-b2f7-cd883d0d04d1 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Manuel Gordillo, Jun 6, 2023.

1. Why does my xbox one read a ssd as a media player

I put in my hp ssd p500 but my xbox reads it as a media player. I wanted to use the ssd as a gigabyte expansion.

:)

Manuel Gordillo, Jun 6, 2023
  2. Miguel Molina O Win User

Hi, and thanks for reaching out. My name is Miguel O., Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue!

For an external storage drive to save games and apps from Xbox, it must meet the following requirements:

1. USB 3.0 connection. If you’re using a USB hub, the hub must also be USB 3.0 or later.

2. 128 GB or larger storage capacity.

3. A partition. Typically, drives come with a preformatted partition. For more info about partitioning an external hard drive, refer to the manufacturer’s instructions.

4. No more than three storage devices are connected to the console at the same time.

Devices that don’t meet these requirements will be treated as media storage, such as for music or video. For more info, see:

Manage storage on your Xbox console

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

If your problem persists or the problem is fixed please keep me posted!

Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.
  3. Manuel Gordillo Win User

Thank you it finally worked
  4. Whyamihomeless Win User

Media Player Unavailable?

I am having the exact same issue. Uninstalled Media Player and now it's unavailable... Very frustrating. Why does Xbox One Media Player feel like a huge step back from Xbox 360 Media Player?
  5. Georges C. Win User

Playing a second video MP4 in a folder results in crash - 0x00d11cd (0x80070006) - XBox Series X

Hello again, depending on the type of external SSD it has it may have problems reading by tail because of the read and write speed of the case in which it is.

Would your case be with USB 3.0?

Does it have external power or would it be the 2.5 that feeds on the console?

Have you tried another type of media player like VLC?
  6. Alberrock Win User

Playing a second video MP4 in a folder results in crash - 0x00d11cd (0x80070006) - XBox Series X

It is not a septate SSD case. It's a Samsung T7 Shield https://semiconductor.samsung.com/consumer-storage/portable-ssd/t7-shield/ also compatible with Android phones. A low-power device. USB 3.2

It's not the SSD either. All other MP4 files can be played without any problems.

Only with the files of the Panasonic HC-VXF11 does the XBox Media Player only play one file in a folder normally, if it is supposed to play a second one, the Media Player crashes.

With all other files you can play as many as you like. It can't be a codec problem either, since a single file of the HC-VXF11 works, just not multiple files in a row.
Thema:

1. Why does my xbox one read a ssd as a media player - Similar Threads - Why does read

2. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  3. Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?: I have a pair of speakers plugged into my Xbox One S using the optical port and sound only comes out one side. I’ve already verified that both speakers do work. I’ve tried changing a few settings...
  4. Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install: I bought Black Ops III and it’s been installing but it stopped at 93.8% and it said the disk may have been damaged or it is dirty. I cleaned it and put it back in to try again but when i put it in...
  5. Why does my series x do this

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my series x do this: since i got my series x whenever i turn it on and on the home screen it says connect to the xbox network after 10 to 30 seconds it connects by itself. Is this normal?...
  6. Why does xbox like shafting people

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does xbox like shafting people: I get home from a long days work and i turn on my console to see an update for the game i play. It installs then gets stuck at 1.2% finishing things up. I wait about 20 minutes for nothing to...
  7. Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it my household socket and turned on does it set...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it my household socket and turned on does it set...: Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it in my household socket and turned on does it set sombodys house alarm start blaring thanks in advance 3446b748-880c-421d-b13b-a923768fc288
  8. Why does my Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000, Black work on my personal desktop but not work on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000, Black work on my personal desktop but not work on...: I work remote. My team can hear me on Zoom or Skype on my personal desktop. But in Citrix and the cati or whatever that software is that we use to do surveys, one or both of these aren't working...
  9. Why does my Xbox One S, cannot read/play game discs. But it can play DVDs / blu-rays no...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox One S, cannot read/play game discs. But it can play DVDs / blu-rays no...: It can play DVDs with no problem, but cannot read brandnew game disks, that have taken straight out of the box? I do not know if it matters, but my Xbox One S is a Minecraft edition. I'm just...
  10. Why does battlefield 3 Xbox 360 multiplayer boot me off saying it can't read the disk but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does battlefield 3 Xbox 360 multiplayer boot me off saying it can't read the disk but...: I keep getting booted off of multiplayer on battlefield 3 Xbox 360 stating it can't read the disk, the disk is dirty, but I'm playing on a digital copy? No disk 3c1658df-fc75-4e8d-a104-75722ea3f4c7