Why does my Xbox One not turn on and how can I fix it?

Discus and support Why does my Xbox One not turn on and how can I fix it? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So the new Fortnite chapter came out and my little brother was playing it when suddenly the console just turned off completely. I was able to turn it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by slizzybean, Dec 6, 2022.

1. slizzybean
    slizzybean Guest

So the new Fortnite chapter came out and my little brother was playing it when suddenly the console just turned off completely. I was able to turn it back on and try to play another but within the loading screen it turned off once more. So then I waited a bit thinking the Xbox possibly had overheated. After waiting about 10 minutes or so I turned it back on, signed in and had it sit in the Home Screen to see if the problem was trying to run a game or not but after about being on for just a mere minute, it turned off again. Let me be clear that it didn’t make the typical noise when it turns off usually and this has nothing to do with the outlet because everything else stayed on and my other consoles would work just fine. Now this time when I went to turn the Xbox One back on it would make the beep noise for it to turn on but nothing would happen. The Xbox wouldn’t turn on. I’ve tried unplugging it and giving it time, I’ve cleaned it, even disassembled it to really clean the dust and what not and I handled it with care and all and it still wouldn’t turn on. My questions are why is this happening, can it be fixed, and is there anything I can do to get it fixed? I’ve had this Xbox One since 2015 when Madden 16 came out so I’ve had it for roughly 7-8 years now and throughout all this time I’ve had it, I’ve never had an issue with it so you can imagine how surprised I was when it didn’t want to turn back on.

Hoping someone reaches out soon. Thank you.

:)

slizzybean, Dec 6, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community.

My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor

Hope you're doing great today despite this Slizzybean

If possible, please try connecting the console on a different room / to a different power outlet.

Just in case the current power outlet is not giving enough power

Just to confirm, may I know if you already tried everything from this article?

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...
  3. xXII Foxy IIXx Win User

xbox 360 slim keeps turning off.

Ok i tried you idea and it works. when i had the color cable it did not turn off on me but when i went to put back on the HDMI cable it would turn off on me. why do you think it does that and how can i fix this issue so i can keep using my HDMI (it does
    not look good with the color cables lol)
  4. TheFifthElement Win User

XBOX GAME ONLY LOADING ON PC

So when it first came out I bought the halo master chief collection, I can not access it on my xbox one I can only access it on the pc does anyone know why it happened or how to fix it? I bought it using my xbox not my pc. Plz help
    Hey Dvn01, can you please explain why you are not able to access the Halo: MCC on the Xbox one?
  5. KOtheOGODHDSHOT Win User

Wierd noise in MP ?

My headset does that and I have no idea why or how to fix it. I plan on just buying a new one anyways.
  6. vino0723 Win User

How do I fix my Xbox one

why does my xbox one keep turning off
Thema:

1. Why does my Xbox One not turn on and how can I fix it? - Similar Threads - Why does turn

2. Why does all three of my USB ports keep turning off and on again when the xbox is on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does all three of my USB ports keep turning off and on again when the xbox is on?: It's as if all three USB ports just cut out. Which is a major inconvenience if I'm playing a game on an external hardrive or using a wired controller. All of this whilst my xbox is turned on btw....
  3. Why does my xbox one turn on and then off straight away?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox one turn on and then off straight away?: Hi, I was wondering why when i turn my xbox one console on, why it turns on with no startup sounds and 5 seconds later it turns off. It started Yesterday, I was on it watching youtube when all of...
  4. Why does my series x not make the chime noise when i turn it on and off?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my series x not make the chime noise when i turn it on and off?: Does anyone know how to fix this? 2966b0b0-38b5-4363-b5a6-9f5cd45a4763
  5. Why Does My Controller Flash Every Time I Turn It On?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why Does My Controller Flash Every Time I Turn It On?: Every time I restart my computer and get on it and turn on my controller (which is a elite series 2 and its plugged in) it just flashes, I also know that the usb works because I have used the same...
  6. Why does my xbox one keep turning off once I turn it on

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my xbox one keep turning off once I turn it on: I've tried turning my xbox on but it just turns off after does this mean the xbox is broken? 0d53436b-7659-4e05-8b51-df3af99090cd
  7. why does my xbox keep going to one guide when I turn it on?

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my xbox keep going to one guide when I turn it on?: So whenever I turn my xbox on it goes to one quide and keeps asking me to plug in a cable or satellite but I don't have any of those I usually just exit the app but it happens everytime and I'm...
  8. Why does my controller have to turn off why I want to play on keyboard and mouse

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my controller have to turn off why I want to play on keyboard and mouse: Why does the controller have to have a timed shut off? Please make this an option! It’s really annoying when there are certain times I want to use the controller for a game or if I want to use...
  9. Why does my xbox turn off when it starts the third update bar for the console, it just...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox turn off when it starts the third update bar for the console, it just...: Why does my xbox turn off when it starts the third update bar for the console, it just turns off and thats it then i have to restart the update every time 1c8704b4-da52-4e52-a310-f815f117ae43
  10. Why does my xbox one s keep turning off 10 seconds into loading up and then turn back on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox one s keep turning off 10 seconds into loading up and then turn back on...: It's what the question is. 1cfe7cc4-c4f8-4890-8634-c689063cacd1