Why does my Xbox one factory reset itself on boot?

Discus and support Why does my Xbox one factory reset itself on boot? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, This problem started about a month or 2 ago, it is now January 16, 2023. My Xbox One, factory resets itself on boot up every single time when the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MALANKIS, Jan 16, 2023.

1. MALANKIS
    MALANKIS Guest

Hi,

This problem started about a month or 2 ago, it is now January 16, 2023. My Xbox One, factory resets itself on boot up every single time when the device isn't in use for a few days. I'm curious why this is happening, I called Microsoft help and I've factory reset it manually, I've tried many things but the problem still persists.

Please help! Lol

:)

MALANKIS, Jan 16, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

It's a very unusual issue because even if we don't use the Xbox console as long as we're not manually performing the reset.

If you have already performed the factory reset that should to the trick. Did you choose to keep my games and apps or remove everything?

Also, do you have an external hard drive plugged into your console? A corrupted hard drive may cause issues as well.
  3. Mister Beep Win User

My screen is glitched

Hey there,

Does this occur after a power cycle? Try pressing and holding the power button until the console fully powers down, and boot back up to see if it continues. If it does, try a

Factory Restore on your Xbox One console
    by selecting 'Reset and keep my games & apps'.

Keep us posted!
  4. GMS1stLDYCannon Win User

My xbox factory reset itself

Hello, all you have to do is redownload games. Everything should be saved on the cloud.
  5. Tomm_A Win User

Xbox Factory Reset by itself.

Hello Mizu,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

6. Tomm_A Win User

Xbox Factory Reset by itself.

Hello Mizu Dooley,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that you're experiencing issues with your Xbox One. It sounds like your console may have undergone a factory reset on its own. A factory reset will erase all data and settings on your console, including your profile and network settings. Let us help you get to the bottom of this.

It is possible that factory reset remove everything on your console and we need to setup again your device. To set it up, follow the steps provided in this link: Set up your Xbox console: Digital setup | Xbox Support or follow the steps below:

1. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.

2. Select "Settings" and then "System".

3. Select "Console info & updates" and then "Reset console".

4. Choose "Reset and remove everything" to perform a factory reset.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your console again, including connecting to the internet and signing in to your profile.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Thema:

1. Why does my Xbox one factory reset itself on boot? - Similar Threads - Why does factory

2. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  3. Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?: I have a pair of speakers plugged into my Xbox One S using the optical port and sound only comes out one side. I’ve already verified that both speakers do work. I’ve tried changing a few settings...
  4. Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install: I bought Black Ops III and it’s been installing but it stopped at 93.8% and it said the disk may have been damaged or it is dirty. I cleaned it and put it back in to try again but when i put it in...
  5. Why does my series x do this

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my series x do this: since i got my series x whenever i turn it on and on the home screen it says connect to the xbox network after 10 to 30 seconds it connects by itself. Is this normal?...
  6. Why does xbox like shafting people

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does xbox like shafting people: I get home from a long days work and i turn on my console to see an update for the game i play. It installs then gets stuck at 1.2% finishing things up. I wait about 20 minutes for nothing to...
  7. Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it my household socket and turned on does it set...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it my household socket and turned on does it set...: Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it in my household socket and turned on does it set sombodys house alarm start blaring thanks in advance 3446b748-880c-421d-b13b-a923768fc288
  8. Why does my Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000, Black work on my personal desktop but not work on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000, Black work on my personal desktop but not work on...: I work remote. My team can hear me on Zoom or Skype on my personal desktop. But in Citrix and the cati or whatever that software is that we use to do surveys, one or both of these aren't working...
  9. Why does my Xbox Discord stream not pick up my background music?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox Discord stream not pick up my background music?: I usually play games with Spotify or Soundcloud music playing in the background. Lately, I've decided to try streaming, first testing in my own server to see if it works. I realized if I listen...
  10. Why does it happen when I factory resetted my Xbox one and it slis stuck at 50%

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does it happen when I factory resetted my Xbox one and it slis stuck at 50%: So I factory restarted my Xbox one and it stays at 50% and is says for a few hours 2d9eb9c8-e29a-4b3b-a72b-2fe4752baa7f

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox one s factory resets itself