Why does my Xbox one controller keep disconnecting

Discus and support Why does my Xbox one controller keep disconnecting in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My Xbox one controller keeps distracting and I don’t think it’s the distance from my Xbox because I’ve played further away from it before also when I... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by F.A.Q_18, Nov 2, 2022.

1. F.A.Q_18
    F.A.Q_18 Guest

My Xbox one controller keeps distracting and I don’t think it’s the distance from my Xbox because I’ve played further away from it before also when I get close to my Xbox it still disconnects and it’s not the batteries because I’ve changed them to new ones

:)

F.A.Q_18, Nov 2, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Kindly make sure that your controller is up to date by following the steps below:

"1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide, select Profile & system > Settings > Devices & streaming > Accessories, and then select the controller you want to update.

2. On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select “…” to check the firmware version for your controller.

3. If it says “Update,” select Firmware version, and then follow the steps provided."

If that didn't work and you have a different controller that you can check that would be great.
  3. HowardWade Jr Win User

Why does my controller keep disconnecting?

That's pretty sad! They need to get off their *** and do something right. Just out of curiosity, are you talking about the sync button on the console or controller?
  4. Mr Trocity Win User

I am having that same issue as well. I spent $149 to send the system out for repair after buying another controller and charge and play kit. Only for it to stop working again 6 months later. You think xbox would have said send it back and we will send you
    a brand new one or something but nope. My button to sync the controller does nothing. I can't even play if the controller is connected to the console with a USB cable.
  5. HowardWade Jr Win User

Since I replaced my wifi card I haven't had a single disconnect in about 2 weeks.
  6. HowardWade Jr Win User

The wifi cards are the fault of the disconnect issues. I replaced mine on Friday and have not had a single disconnect yet.. The fact that you're losing both at the same time is in fact the card. Ost people usually lose the ability to keep sync with the controller
    while others have issues with the wifi. Try connecting the console using a network cable, if you stop losing connection to live then your issue lies with the wifi card. You can buy the cards used, I recommend eBay because of their buyer protection. You can
    look up videos and illustrations on how to take the console apart to replace the card. It's relatively easy to do.
Thema:

1. Why does my Xbox one controller keep disconnecting - Similar Threads - Why does controller

2. Why does my wireless Xbox controller disconnect and reconnect repeatedly on my Chromebook?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my wireless Xbox controller disconnect and reconnect repeatedly on my Chromebook?: So, I recently got a new wireless Xbox controller so I can play Xbox Cloud Gaming when I am not at home. My controller works for all of my compatible devices except my Acer Chromebook (which is...
  3. Why does my Xbox controller keep disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox controller keep disconnecting: Why do my Xbox controllers keep disconnecting on my Xbox one but they work fine on my other Xbox’s? I have disconnected and reconnected the controller and changed the batteries, but the controller...
  4. Why does my elite 2 controller only work when i plug it in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite 2 controller only work when i plug it in.: I have an Elite 2 controller but the xbox button turns on and off. It'll be on for up to 5 seconds but none of the buttons work and it flashes really fast as if it connected but automatically...
  5. Why does my controller keep de-syncing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller keep de-syncing: When I'm playing a game it randomly de-syncs for just a few seconds then starts working again normally. It's a brand new controller from the xbox store and sometimes it will go for hours with no...
  6. Why does the right bumper fail on so many Elite 2 controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the right bumper fail on so many Elite 2 controllers?: Since customer support was unable to help me I figure I would try here before deciding whether or not to buy anymore Xbox hardware. I've had 2 Xbox elite 2 controllers stop working. Both had the...
  7. why does my xbox series x controller keep disconnected

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series x controller keep disconnected: my xbox series x controller keeps disconnecting i changed the batteries i couldnt resync the controller until i turned off the power supply but took about 2 minutes and the controller again...
  8. Why does my Xbox series x/s wireless controller disconnect when my Xbox one disconnects...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox series x/s wireless controller disconnect when my Xbox one disconnects...: When I came back home as I brought my Xbox to my friends house, it always disconnects from the WiFi and I don't know why. When it disconnected, my controller also disconnected....
  9. Why does my Xbox Controller not show up in Device Manager?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox Controller not show up in Device Manager?: I had an Xbox Controller that was working on Tuesday. Yesterday, it stopped working. Yesterday, in Device Manager, it said "Device Descriptor Request Failed", and I followed several guides online...
  10. Why does my elite controller series two disconnect when wire isn’t plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite controller series two disconnect when wire isn’t plugged in: My elite series two controller keeps on disconnecting when the wire isn’t connected, I’ll be using it then suddenly I can’t move in my game or scroll on YouTube I look down and see the light...