why does my xbox not have the same gamer tag as my xbox app? it will not let me connect my xbox

Discus and support why does my xbox not have the same gamer tag as my xbox app? it will not let me connect my xbox in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; why does my xbox not have the same gamer tag as my xbox app? it will not let me connect my xbox 794d0c38-9dfb-430f-9d59-8aed0d78f4c2 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jewel Kromer, May 21, 2023.

1. Jewel Kromer
    Jewel Kromer Guest

why does my xbox not have the same gamer tag as my xbox app? it will not let me connect my xbox

:)

Jewel Kromer, May 21, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor here to help you with your concern.

This may mean that you're signed in under the wrong Microsoft account. Please sign in to https://account.xbox.com/profile to check if you're seeing the correct Xbox Gamertag from there, once confirmed, compare the Microsoft email address from there and your Xbox.
  3. ADivine818 Win User

Bioshock 2 Multiplayer Error

I have the same issue, this has been since a year ago.

I sign into my gamer tag (bioshck multiplayer) when I enter multiplayer option, screen appears "please wait" immediately another screen appears and says "connection error- unable to connect to Xbox live. Please try again later" I can play any other game
    on live multiplayer . I even tried forwarding ports. Got a new Xbox, erased everything on hard drive re downloaded gamer tag, restarted my router, called ISP to reboot my Internet and now I am currently sharing my Xbox and signed into another gamer tag and
    it let me play on bioshock multiplayers with the other gamer tag. Try switching back to my gamer tag and didn't let get on multiplayer.
  4. Reckless steel Win User

Forza horizon 5 connection problems

I’m running into the same issue with no help please let me know if you find anything out my name is my Xbox gamer tag would be much appreciated I’m on of and have the same issue
  5. spartanz1080BK Win User

What is wrong with my Xbox accessories app?

This issue is not with my XBOX gamer tag it is with my elite 2 controller profiles within the Xbox accessories app I have a video of me opening and closing the app https://youtu.be/hpxHhgphcgM
  6. RoboKOP LIVE Win User

Minecraft bedrock. Wrong account!

I ha e never been asked to log into minecraft as its on the ps4. The remote connect login page doesn't show any gamer tag. Only asks you for your Microsoft login details. Email and password. I've downloaded the xbox app and logged in with the same details
    to check and it's the correct account for when I had an xbox. But when using the same details on the remote connect for ps4 minecraft, it's logging me in with a completely different gamer tag and gamer tag picture.

To add to the issue I've logged out of that account on minecraft on the ps4 and tried again using remote connect on the laptop (to see if there's some issue with logging on with my phone) and after entering my email address and password, the ps4 minecraft
    says that it will not log in with these details as I've already logged in with the gamer tag I don't recognise. It let's you sign out but it says I can only use that a account.
Thema:

1. why does my xbox not have the same gamer tag as my xbox app? it will not let me connect my xbox - Similar Threads - why does same

2. Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.: I'm not able to talk to my friends in a party chat while I'm on computer It pops up a message that states this "Background apps permissions for Xbox are turned off. Other may not be able to hear...
  3. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  4. Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?: I have a pair of speakers plugged into my Xbox One S using the optical port and sound only comes out one side. I’ve already verified that both speakers do work. I’ve tried changing a few settings...
  5. Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install: I bought Black Ops III and it’s been installing but it stopped at 93.8% and it said the disk may have been damaged or it is dirty. I cleaned it and put it back in to try again but when i put it in...
  6. Why does xbox like shafting people

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does xbox like shafting people: I get home from a long days work and i turn on my console to see an update for the game i play. It installs then gets stuck at 1.2% finishing things up. I wait about 20 minutes for nothing to...
  7. Why don't PC gamepass players got the same thing as Xbox players does in the achievements ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why don't PC gamepass players got the same thing as Xbox players does in the achievements ?: First thing sorry for my English I am not a native speaker. secondly, I want to say that the GamePass achievements on PC are very poor compared to Xbox and it doesn't look like the Xbox...
  8. Why does my gamertag have suffix even thou no one else has the same name of mine

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my gamertag have suffix even thou no one else has the same name of mine: So i have this gamertag which no one else uses but i still get the suffix on my gamertag is there any way to remove it? 77739df8-5fd1-43ed-a7e0-77d18ff6bb24
  9. I already had support fix my issue and now I have the same issue. Why does my Java edition...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I already had support fix my issue and now I have the same issue. Why does my Java edition...: I literally have already gone through the process of recovering my old account and switching my email to the one I use now on my Microsoft account. I got my Java edition back, but now they took it...
  10. Why does Remote Play from XBox to Windows 10 (on the same network), require outbound...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Remote Play from XBox to Windows 10 (on the same network), require outbound...: I'll outright say this is just asinine. I'm trying to remote play from my Series X to my Windows 10 PC that exist on the same network; however, the video quality is absolute garbage and completely...