Why Does My Xbox Game Bar Keep Closing?

Discus and support Why Does My Xbox Game Bar Keep Closing? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've seen other questions out like this, but I have narrowed it down to why it's happening. My game bar works just fine until I start to load the chat... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ADHDBoi, Mar 29, 2023.

1. ADHDBoi
    ADHDBoi Guest

I've seen other questions out like this, but I have narrowed it down to why it's happening. My game bar works just fine until I start to load the chat tab in the social widget or when I open a chat from the friends tab. I don't know why this is happening and I was hoping to contact Microsoft support about finding a solution, but they want to act lazy and have me contact the community about a problem nobody knows the solution too.

:)

ADHDBoi, Mar 29, 2023
  2. Geri M. Win User

Hi ADHDBoi,

We haven't heard from you for 72 hours, so we assume the issue has already been resolved. We will not monitor this thread going forward, so if you need further assistance, click this link to create a new thread to discuss these issues. Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Geri M. Win User

Hi ADHDBoi,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand the inconvenience caused. For us to understand better, we would like to ask few questions about it.

1. When did the issue start?
    2. What is the current version and edition of Windows Installed?
    3. Any recent activity or changes made before the issue appeared?
    4. What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

These above questions would help us provide the necessary information. Once we have gathered all the information, we will formulate the viable solution to help you with your case.

So far, from the details you provided, you can try the following steps and let us know the result. You can just skip those you have done already.

For the meantime, try to install TS from this link: Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox app for Windows | Xbox Support

Followed by any order of see what’s best:

Clear cache MS Store

DISM and SFCscan

Repair Apps or reset through Settings

Cleanboot

You may try uninstall/reinstall MS Store.

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. Geri M. Win User

5. ADHDBoi Win User

1. too long ago

2. Windows 11 22H2

3. No Idea

4. I've tried everything, repairing, resetting, everything.

My game bar works, except for when I open up the social widget. When I open the social widget, it kicks me out of the game bar and when I do the shortcut, it opens for a second and then closes right away.
  6. Rob606 Win User

[PC] Xbox Game bar push to talk not working in background

I discovered this exact same issue last night, between State of Decay 2 and the Xbox Game Bar.

My workaround was to PTT transmit with the game-bar open, then close the bar overlay to return to gameplay - the problem this created was that I was always transmitting, which does not help in your scenario.
Thema:

1. Why Does My Xbox Game Bar Keep Closing? - Similar Threads - Why Does Game

2. Why does my Xbox game chat work but no game audio or sounds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox game chat work but no game audio or sounds: I just got the Astro A10 headset and have tried every way I could possibly find and think of. I just then managed to get the mic to work when spoken into and can hear other people in the Xbox...
  3. Why does the cloud gaming website no longer recognize my controller as connected?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the cloud gaming website no longer recognize my controller as connected?: Attempting to play Xbox cloud gaming on chrome, due to it crashing every time I attempt it on the xbox app. It no longer recognizes that my controller is connected and won’t allow me to use it...
  4. Why does my controller not select apps or options but in games the controller works...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller not select apps or options but in games the controller works...: Why does my controller not select apps or options even though I see it responding but in games the controller works perfectly fine? It also keeps sticking to the top of the screen even though I...
  5. Why does my screen do this when I launch a game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my screen do this when I launch a game: Why does my screen turn green when I launch a game c040928f-6bc4-450d-8b7d-3f7da54b9669
  6. Why does my Xbox one overheat when I load up on games but apps don’t thermal throttle

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox one overheat when I load up on games but apps don’t thermal throttle: I had this Xbox one for almost 9 years I cleaned the console and the thermal paste a 6 months ago and it never did this every time I loaded up Fortnite or Any other game the fans go at full speed...
  7. Why does my Xbox Series X keep crashing when trying to run online multi-player games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox Series X keep crashing when trying to run online multi-player games?: When running certain games over the past year (MW3, Forza Horizon, MLB the Show), my Xbox keep closing the game application and return me to the home screen. Most times, this causes me to lose the...
  8. Why does Cloud Gaming game crash after running?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Cloud Gaming game crash after running?: I open the Xbox App on my PC and run a game via Cloud Gaming after 5/10 minutes of running/playing, the game crashes (closes entirely) with no warning or prompt. The game is downloaded and fully...
  9. Why does VNAV not work on the Beechcraft Kingair 350i? I am flying on an ASUS TUF GAMING F17

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does VNAV not work on the Beechcraft Kingair 350i? I am flying on an ASUS TUF GAMING F17: The VNAV button registers as being on or off but has no functionality. 4421daae-25a9-4122-a3f0-bfc33a07caec
  10. Why does my Xbox series 2 don’t keep disconnecting in a game?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox series 2 don’t keep disconnecting in a game?: I recently bought a Xbox series 2 controller 2 weeks ago or so and have had no problems since this last week it keeps “disconnecting” but the light don’t turn off and I can use my Xbox menu and go...