Why does my xbox download games while turned off?

Discus and support Why does my xbox download games while turned off? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox Series S keeps downloading games after I turn it off. Under power options, I chose Shutdown in order to save energy, so I figured this... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by laxe28, Dec 7, 2022.

1. laxe28
    laxe28 Guest

My Xbox Series S keeps downloading games after I turn it off. Under power options, I chose Shutdown in order to save energy, so I figured this shouldn't be happening. Am I missing something? Is there any way to get the console to pause the installation until it is turned on again?

:)

laxe28, Dec 7, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Yes, in shutdown mode the installation should stop. We may need to refresh your power settings by following the steps below:

Settings > General > Power Options > Select the "Sleep" option.

After that perform a power cycle on your console.

​​​

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

Once done, switch it back to "shutdown" mode.
  3. Mattimusmattimus Win User

This is happening on my Xbox too despite the setting to disable it! This is a conspiracy of Microsoft to not allow you to turn off your xbox. Or a huge error they're not even aware of which is ridiculous. I've actually discovered numerous huge errors this pathetic company hasn't taken care of.
  4. laxe28 Win User

Just gave that a try, but it is still downloading while turned off. Would you have any other suggestions? Thank you so much for taking the time!
  5. ngocphi Win User

Background downloading on Xbox 360 no longer working.

Xbox 369 cannot download anything while turned off nor will it wake up to do so

That's an xbox one and ps4 feature only as they have a 2Nd CPU to take care of the downkosds

Background downloading means you can browse and play off line games while downloading however it does slow your download speed

It's not recommended that you play while you downlosd

As it does take cycles off of the download

Hence why they put a cpu just for that now
  6. onyxishere Win User

Power outage during game installation

There shouldn't be an issue with it. The 360 had a background download option that would allow it to be turned off while downloading with no issue. I have been turning off my Xbox One console while downloading as well with no problems.
Thema:

1. Why does my xbox download games while turned off? - Similar Threads - Why does download

2. Why does my Xbox disconnect from 5g WiFi when I’m downloading games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox disconnect from 5g WiFi when I’m downloading games?: When I am downloading a game, my Xbox will hold a 105+ mbps download speed. But starting a couple of months ago, my Xbox randomly disconnects from the WiFi only when I’m downloading games. Does...
  3. Why does the Xbox app keep downloading a game when I never gave it permission to do so?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does the Xbox app keep downloading a game when I never gave it permission to do so?: About every week for the past month, the Xbox app on my PC will download the game "Wartales" and I'll see it in my library with the message "Just installed!". The thing is, I have never initiated...
  4. Why does my laptop download stuff 10x faster than my gaming pc?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my laptop download stuff 10x faster than my gaming pc?: i got max 3mb p/s download speed with and avg of around 2 on my pc yet 20+ on my laptop. my laptop is a LENOVO_MT_20R6_BU_Think_FM_ThinkPad L13 Yoga and the wifi adapter thing for my pc is...
  5. Why, after downloading updates does "finishing things up" take so long?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why, after downloading updates does "finishing things up" take so long?: Why, after downloading updates does "finishing things up" take so long? It pretty much negates having fast broadband. I just downloaded a 7.5gb update, it literally took longer "finishing things...
  6. Why does my Xbox Series s say installation stopped when I try to download a game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox Series s say installation stopped when I try to download a game: Please help me with this e27504fe-4a78-44ed-9b2f-74d1f58253bc
  7. Why does my installing games and apps say installing but doesn't move/ download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my installing games and apps say installing but doesn't move/ download: My app like I just got dead island 2 I started to download it but is just stuck at saying installing and not moving 8c9ceaed-edeb-40e2-8264-7011d60cfd1b
  8. Why does the Gamepass Forza Motorsport download keep stopping of outright refusing to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does the Gamepass Forza Motorsport download keep stopping of outright refusing to...: My install of Forza Motorsport is stuck at basically half way. I have tested download speeds and everything is perfectly normal. Never had any dramas installing big games before now. Is it a...
  9. Why does my game stop downloading at 69%?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my game stop downloading at 69%?: So basically,I am trying to download GTA V,but it says "Instalation stopped".It stops at 69% and my disc is a bit scratched but that's not the reason I believe since it downloads to 69%.I tried...
  10. Why cant I download the Movies and TV app it does not work

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant I download the Movies and TV app it does not work: I have a xbox one first Gen, and the app says installing but nonething happens a3b895d8-4c05-4bc8-a87b-a1ea20983531