Why does my Xbox disconnect from the wifi whenever I turn it off

Discus and support Why does my Xbox disconnect from the wifi whenever I turn it off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi recently the past 3 days or so whenever I shut my Xbox off using the option to shut off console by holding down the Xbox buttom whenever I turn it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ricky Rantz, Jan 11, 2023.

1. Ricky Rantz
    Ricky Rantz Guest

Hi recently the past 3 days or so whenever I shut my Xbox off using the option to shut off console by holding down the Xbox buttom whenever I turn it back on my Xbox is no longer connected to the wifi and when I try to re connect the password will not work even tho it is correct I have to restart my router every single time I get on and games will not download while it is off what can I do to prevent this ?

:)

Ricky Rantz, Jan 11, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

I have here steps that we can try, please perform an extended powercycle and reset your network hardware by following the steps below:

1. Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for 5 minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.

2. Press and hold the Xbox button on your console for 10 seconds or until it turns off then wait for 2 minutes before turning it on again.

3. After 5 minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first, and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

4. If you are using a router, plug in the router and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state. ​​​

If that didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps.
  3. XxTHRILLER14Xx Win User

My WiFi won’t connect to my Xbox

I fixed the Xbox disconnecting from WiFi after turning off thing
  4. CHRISFREDDO Win User

Games for Gold version won't download.

my xbox disconnects, but I think because of the mobile phones and wifi, but I turn my phone wifi off and it works fine, it it's not completed then I just click download again and it starts from there it finished.
  5. RienPost Win User

Black Screen making MY Xbox One S USELESS! Why does Xbox Live control MY Xbox?? Can not do anything! This is not acceptable!

Turning off your WiFi access point / router should help. Then your xbox is also disconnected from xbox live.
  6. DF240 Win User

Unable to see xbox games on xbox app for PC.

I disconnected my computer from the internet and then plugged my phone into the computer and left the wifi on the phone on. this didn't work. ALTHOUGH, when I turned off my wifi and left my mobile data on the xbox app worked perfectly. I assume this means the issue is my internet.
Thema:

1. Why does my Xbox disconnect from the wifi whenever I turn it off - Similar Threads - Why does disconnect

2. Why does my Xbox disconnect from 5g WiFi when I’m downloading games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox disconnect from 5g WiFi when I’m downloading games?: When I am downloading a game, my Xbox will hold a 105+ mbps download speed. But starting a couple of months ago, my Xbox randomly disconnects from the WiFi only when I’m downloading games. Does...
  3. Why does my wireless Xbox controller disconnect and reconnect repeatedly on my Chromebook?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my wireless Xbox controller disconnect and reconnect repeatedly on my Chromebook?: So, I recently got a new wireless Xbox controller so I can play Xbox Cloud Gaming when I am not at home. My controller works for all of my compatible devices except my Acer Chromebook (which is...
  4. Why does my Xbox controller keep disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox controller keep disconnecting: Why do my Xbox controllers keep disconnecting on my Xbox one but they work fine on my other Xbox’s? I have disconnected and reconnected the controller and changed the batteries, but the controller...
  5. why does my xbox series x controller keep disconnected

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series x controller keep disconnected: my xbox series x controller keeps disconnecting i changed the batteries i couldnt resync the controller until i turned off the power supply but took about 2 minutes and the controller again...
  6. Why does my Xbox series x/s wireless controller disconnect when my Xbox one disconnects...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox series x/s wireless controller disconnect when my Xbox one disconnects...: When I came back home as I brought my Xbox to my friends house, it always disconnects from the WiFi and I don't know why. When it disconnected, my controller also disconnected....
  7. Why does my elite controller series two disconnect when wire isn’t plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite controller series two disconnect when wire isn’t plugged in: My elite series two controller keeps on disconnecting when the wire isn’t connected, I’ll be using it then suddenly I can’t move in my game or scroll on YouTube I look down and see the light...
  8. Why does my controller disconnect when I connect my wireless turtle beach headset to my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller disconnect when I connect my wireless turtle beach headset to my...: When I connect my wireless headset it assigns to my controller/profile. While I’m playing certain games (nba 2k24) it will disconnect my controller as if it’s not on but the controller will still...
  9. Why does my Xbox series 2 don’t keep disconnecting in a game?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox series 2 don’t keep disconnecting in a game?: I recently bought a Xbox series 2 controller 2 weeks ago or so and have had no problems since this last week it keeps “disconnecting” but the light don’t turn off and I can use my Xbox menu and go...
  10. Why does my brand new Xbox controller keep disconnecting ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my brand new Xbox controller keep disconnecting ?: I have an Xbox One S. And a brand new controller and headset - not even 6 hours old yet. While I’m playing the game , I have static in my headset and others have trouble hearing me because of...