Why does my xbox controller sync with my console but no buttons work?

Discus and support Why does my xbox controller sync with my console but no buttons work? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I paired my xbox controller with my laptop for remote play. Then I removed it from my laptop and synced it with my console. It synced fine but no... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jude_, Mar 23, 2023.

1. Jude_
    Jude_ Guest

I paired my xbox controller with my laptop for remote play. Then I removed it from my laptop and synced it with my console. It synced fine but no inputs on the controller register on my console. For some reason my xbox controller still turns on the console when I turn the controller on, so it must be synced somehow. I know this isn’t a faulty controller because this has happened before and been fixed, but I forgot how to fix it.

:)

Jude_, Mar 23, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

We may need to perform a powercycle on your console by following the steps below accordingly:

"1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Unplug your console for 5 minutes.

3. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console". ​​​

After that, check if there will be an improvement.
  3. god_0 Win User

xbox elite controller wont sync to pc. sync button doesnt do anything

it does work when i just press the sync button on my controller, without it being plugged in, and while its synced to the xbox, but this is a rare occurrence. and i still have to power on the xbox just to turn on the controller.

this is a newly refurbished controller, so i doubt it is the sync button itself either.
  4. IceStorm III Win User

xbox sync issues

[quote user="UR MAN SWEENEY"]my xbox wont sync any controllers not even with the charger wire,[/quote]The Play & Charge cable carries no sync data. It cannot be used to sync a controller, only to provide power to a controller.
    i can turn my xbox on
    with my controller but still doesnt sync.
    Power on the console with the power button and let it finish booting. Then power-on the controller with the Guide button. When the controller's lights start spinning, hit the sync button on the console.
    i
    have noticed that when the green lights spin on the console after pressing the sync button that only three are spinning controller or user two does not light up at all..
    It's possible your controller is damaged in some way and can no longer sync. Try
    to re-pair the controller using the steps provided above.
  5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Cannot Sync Xbox 360 Controllers

Hi Darth! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Please help uploading pictures of the controllers you try to connect to the Xbox 360 that doesn't work.

Wired controllers come with the cable plugged for Xbox 360 controllers

Are you pressing the Sync button on the controller and the console? Does the controller and the console Xbox button flashes when you press it?
  6. Sukimoon18 Win User

Xbox One X wont sync to controller since new update

This does not work as in order to update the controller it need to be connected to the xbox. I thought it was my controller and i got a whole new one to experience the same issue..Even when i have it plugged in it is still not syncing and the sync button
    on my xbox one x is not working at all.
Thema:

1. Why does my xbox controller sync with my console but no buttons work? - Similar Threads - Why does controller

2. Why does my wireless Xbox controller disconnect and reconnect repeatedly on my Chromebook?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my wireless Xbox controller disconnect and reconnect repeatedly on my Chromebook?: So, I recently got a new wireless Xbox controller so I can play Xbox Cloud Gaming when I am not at home. My controller works for all of my compatible devices except my Acer Chromebook (which is...
  3. Why does my Xbox controller keep disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox controller keep disconnecting: Why do my Xbox controllers keep disconnecting on my Xbox one but they work fine on my other Xbox’s? I have disconnected and reconnected the controller and changed the batteries, but the controller...
  4. Why does my elite 2 controller only work when i plug it in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite 2 controller only work when i plug it in.: I have an Elite 2 controller but the xbox button turns on and off. It'll be on for up to 5 seconds but none of the buttons work and it flashes really fast as if it connected but automatically...
  5. Why does my controller keep de-syncing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller keep de-syncing: When I'm playing a game it randomly de-syncs for just a few seconds then starts working again normally. It's a brand new controller from the xbox store and sometimes it will go for hours with no...
  6. Why does the right bumper fail on so many Elite 2 controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the right bumper fail on so many Elite 2 controllers?: Since customer support was unable to help me I figure I would try here before deciding whether or not to buy anymore Xbox hardware. I've had 2 Xbox elite 2 controllers stop working. Both had the...
  7. why does my xbox series x controller keep disconnected

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series x controller keep disconnected: my xbox series x controller keeps disconnecting i changed the batteries i couldnt resync the controller until i turned off the power supply but took about 2 minutes and the controller again...
  8. Why does my Xbox series x/s wireless controller disconnect when my Xbox one disconnects...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox series x/s wireless controller disconnect when my Xbox one disconnects...: When I came back home as I brought my Xbox to my friends house, it always disconnects from the WiFi and I don't know why. When it disconnected, my controller also disconnected....
  9. Why does my Xbox Controller not show up in Device Manager?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox Controller not show up in Device Manager?: I had an Xbox Controller that was working on Tuesday. Yesterday, it stopped working. Yesterday, in Device Manager, it said "Device Descriptor Request Failed", and I followed several guides online...
  10. Why does my elite controller series two disconnect when wire isn’t plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite controller series two disconnect when wire isn’t plugged in: My elite series two controller keeps on disconnecting when the wire isn’t connected, I’ll be using it then suddenly I can’t move in my game or scroll on YouTube I look down and see the light...