Why does my Xbox 360 dashboard display half of itself in the wrong language

Discus and support Why does my Xbox 360 dashboard display half of itself in the wrong language in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; When I boot up my Xbox half of the dashboard is English and the other stuff is another language, does anyone have a fix for this?... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Nintendo Wii, May 5, 2023.

1. Nintendo Wii
    Nintendo Wii Guest

When I boot up my Xbox half of the dashboard is English and the other stuff is another language, does anyone have a fix for this?

:)

Nintendo Wii, May 5, 2023
  2. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, a fellow gamer. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I am here to help.

Possibly a dashboard update error. Attempt to clear the dashboard by holding the sync button while booting the Xbox. Any failed updates should be cleared during booting.

If it doesn't work, manually change the language setting on your Xbox 360 console:

Press the Guide button  on your controller.

Go to Settings, and then select System Settings.

Select Console Settings.

Select Language and Locale.

Select Language, and then select the language that you want to use.

Reference link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/xbox-360/co....

Please take your time and let me know if it works.
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Игры xbox360 [translation-Xbox 360 games]

4. XBF Crystal P Win User

XBox 360 Spracheinstellungen (Xbox 360 Language Inpositions)

Hi there Neumi569,

Thanks for reaching out!

I recommend to try the troubleshooting resource :
    Xbox 360 Dashboard displays text in the wrong language
    . On this page you will find a table with the languages that are available to Xbox Live in specific countries or regions.

Hope this helps.
  5. Mister Gwyther Win User

Help! My account - Change language without changing location

Yes, the content itself will be in the region language. The only language you can change is the display elements on the dashboard. Sorry for the confusion there.
  6. Galactic Geek Win User

Xbox One menu language

[quote user="Badmusen"]

So does the Xbox 360, but because I live in Sweden half of my menus are in swedish (and that cannot be changed) despite me selecting English as my language (and UK as Locale).

Just want to make sure I get the ENTIRE menu in english and not just half of it :)

[/quote]I find this quite odd because my Xbox 360 console will allow me to change the UI's language from English to just about any other language I want - why this is not a feature on your Swedish console is beyond me.
Thema:

1. Why does my Xbox 360 dashboard display half of itself in the wrong language - Similar Threads - Why does 360

2. Why does the YouTube app always crash when I try to open it on my 360?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does the YouTube app always crash when I try to open it on my 360?: It looks like it’s loading and then automatically a message pops up saying it is unavailable. Not sure what to do. My internet is fine and I have loads of storage on my console. Tried deleting and...
  3. Why does windows 11 not support xbox 360 wireless adapters for windows.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does windows 11 not support xbox 360 wireless adapters for windows.: I have tried multiple different wireless adapter devices and drivers and reset my computer multiple times in an attempt to use an xbox 360 controller to play rocket league/overcooked but my pc...
  4. Why does my copy of Indycar Series 2005 not work on Xbox 360?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my copy of Indycar Series 2005 not work on Xbox 360?: So I just bought Indycar Series 2005 on the Original Xbox to play on my 360, and I looked at the backwards compatible list and it was on it, so I put the game into the system and started it up and...
  5. Why does the xbox 360 xbox Live connection test not working for me

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the xbox 360 xbox Live connection test not working for me: I just bought a game for the xbox 360 since it's ending in a year and booted the game up, once I quit the game, it didn't let me connect to xbox Live, it always fails the xbox live connection test...
  6. Why does FM1 keep crashing on my Xbox 360?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does FM1 keep crashing on my Xbox 360?: So about a month ago I picked up FM1 from my local vintage game shop. I found out it was BC on the 360. I put the disc in and it works and plays perfectly, no scratches and in perfect condition....
  7. Why does my mw3 on xbox 360 keeps saying tbe communication with xbox live has been...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my mw3 on xbox 360 keeps saying tbe communication with xbox live has been...: Why does my mw3 on xbox 360 keeps saying tbe communication with xbox live has been interrupted if I'm actually connected? ba3926af-0fcf-4032-963d-e0e473da5eed
  8. Why does Everytime I go to buy the dragonborne addon for Skyrim Xbox 360 it says error...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Everytime I go to buy the dragonborne addon for Skyrim Xbox 360 it says error...: I'm asking that question cuz that's happening to me 8dff1bd1-3902-494d-a391-09d0ba0ca34f
  9. Why does my 360 games on Xbox one keep disconnecting me from Xbox live

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my 360 games on Xbox one keep disconnecting me from Xbox live: When play a 360 game online for about 15 minutes on my Xbox one it disconnects from Xbox live f3bd5ab3-f17b-4a07-860e-aff2d2617801
  10. Can my 360 console use a live gold card if so why does mine not do it it shows my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can my 360 console use a live gold card if so why does mine not do it it shows my...: Can my 360 console use my gold card membership mine wont give me nothing free or even a game to play free i spent 25 bucks for nothing tell me why plz 5186f875-9de4-4eda-ad36-6e225559eab3