Why does my wireless headset audio keep fading in and out randomly at times?

Discus and support Why does my wireless headset audio keep fading in and out randomly at times? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Basically my headset will just start fading in and out with audio sometimes when I pull up the Xbox Guide or I capture a screenshot/recording. The only... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Pyritekip, Dec 7, 2022.

1. /u/Pyritekip
    /u/Pyritekip Guest

Basically my headset will just start fading in and out with audio sometimes when I pull up the Xbox Guide or I capture a screenshot/recording. The only way to fix it is by restarting my entire Xbox, and ecen rhat doesnt resolve it sometimes. I'm starting to think it's something to do with the Insider Program.

Headset: Arctis9X Controller: Lunar Shift Console: Xbox Series X Ring: Skip-Ahead Alpha

submitted by /u/Pyritekip
    [link] [comments]

/u/Pyritekip, Dec 7, 2022
  2. WATT SCOLLACE Win User

Audio falling out of sync

The audio is also fading in and out randomly. Soon as i pull the cable out (either tv or xbox) and put it back in, the issue is fixed.
  3. KennethTebo Win User

XBox One - Audio - Stopped working

Occasionally I'll loose audio with this game too. I'll finish a match and the audio will just cut out. Very Strange. Some times it even knocks out my whole systems audio thought the stero headset. This has happened when the controller disconnects randomly
    while playing game.
  4. Nursemorph Win User

Casque arctis 9x le son sort également du téléviseur

Sounds coming from headphones and TV at the same time is normal for the console...the other day I left my stereo on (my TV is wired through it) and couldn't work out why the audio from my headphones sounded different!

As to the audio through a headset being lower quality, that would depend really....if the audio signal for the headset is coming directly from the Xbox (wireless headset or wired), then I'd argue it's better quality than that carried to the TV via the HDMI cable. For me, my wireless headset is plugged into my controller (using an adapter) and the sound quality is miles better than the TV is capable of (is even better than my very good stereo too)
  5. IceStorm III Win User

Is the tritton warhead compatible

[quote user="EvilTwinGX"]If the cable imput is only for audio then there would be absolutely no way for the mic to work on the headset to begin with.[/quote]The physical boom mic, or the chat audio?

This question/conversation is not about the physical boom mic, it's about the chat audio.
    That said, there's no reason that the headset should work but not the mic, except maybe the protocols.
    It's the wireless
    protocol that won't work.

See
    this wireless headset
    ? The only thing this wireless headset does is handle chat conversations between other Xbox Live members. You don't get regular game audio through it. To function, the wireless headset pairs with the 360 console and runs over the same
    wireless protocol as 360 controllers. Tritton integrated the functionality of that wireless headset into their own. The Warhead's base station has a pairing button, just like the wireless headset. The base station takes care of mixing the chat audio and the
    game audio, but without that pairing to the 360 there's no way to get chat audio into the base station.

Microsoft explicitly stated that the wireless protocol between the Xbox One and its accessories is different than the protocol used by 360 accessories. Because the wireless headset uses these same protocols, it won't work on the Xbox One. By extension, the
    wireless pairing that the Warhead does with the 360 console won't work with the Xbox One console.

The Tritton Warhead is a headset designed for use only with the Xbox 360. Without a 360 console, it becomes a regular set of headphones, rendering the boom mic useless. If all you want to do is listen to game audio, that's not a dealbreaker.
    If you want to talk to other gamers in realtime, you're looking at buying a new headset.

Astro? Turtle Beach? Their wireless headsets will work with the Xbox One, including their mics, because they all currently plug into the 360 controller for chat audio. The controller handles the wireless link to the 360 for the chat audio, but from the audio
    port on the controller to the headset is all bog standard 2.5mm headset territory. MS is working on an adapter to allow older 360-compatible headset cables to attach to the new Xbox One controller, again allowing headsets to piggyback on the controller for
    chat audio. The Warhead? Out of luck. No cable, no piggyback.

It's this tight coupling to the 360's wireless protocol for chat audio that caused me to ignore the Warhead's development and shipment to market. As soon as I saw that it was bound to the 360, I said this is going to end badly for a $300 headset. My Astro
    A40s with a Mixamp 5.8? My friend's Astro A50s? They'll both be fully functional with the Xbox One.
  6. Mister Fitzer Win User

Audio is fadeing in and out.

Hey OP, the repair set up online costs around $99, and it includes a new warranty when the console returns.
Thema:

1. Why does my wireless headset audio keep fading in and out randomly at times? - Similar Threads - Why does wireless

2. Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .: Why..... is the question ... what is real how do you define real...(that's where is shuts off haha) Everytime i try to play the matrix demo my console shuts down there's a green screen for a split...
  3. Why does my elite 2 controller only work when i plug it in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite 2 controller only work when i plug it in.: I have an Elite 2 controller but the xbox button turns on and off. It'll be on for up to 5 seconds but none of the buttons work and it flashes really fast as if it connected but automatically...
  4. why does my steam have this code? loadlibary failed error 126

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my steam have this code? loadlibary failed error 126: yeah i went to steam and it has that error message please help me with this and even xbox too c51e5eb6-e199-4bdd-b0c9-420ddb7be2fd
  5. Why does my Xbox series x/s wireless controller disconnect when my Xbox one disconnects...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox series x/s wireless controller disconnect when my Xbox one disconnects...: When I came back home as I brought my Xbox to my friends house, it always disconnects from the WiFi and I don't know why. When it disconnected, my controller also disconnected....
  6. Why does windows 11 not support xbox 360 wireless adapters for windows.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does windows 11 not support xbox 360 wireless adapters for windows.: I have tried multiple different wireless adapter devices and drivers and reset my computer multiple times in an attempt to use an xbox 360 controller to play rocket league/overcooked but my pc...
  7. Why does my controller disconnect when I connect my wireless turtle beach headset to my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller disconnect when I connect my wireless turtle beach headset to my...: When I connect my wireless headset it assigns to my controller/profile. While I’m playing certain games (nba 2k24) it will disconnect my controller as if it’s not on but the controller will still...
  8. why does my xbox only connect to the wifi through wired and not wireless ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox only connect to the wifi through wired and not wireless ?: we recently transferred with virgin wifi and it was working fine until a few hours later when we couldn’t connect my xbox to the wifi wirelessly but we can only connect it through wired, i’ve...
  9. Why does my xbox wireless controller lag my game to the point it is unplayble while it is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox wireless controller lag my game to the point it is unplayble while it is...: It is on the latest firmware and it is doing it on Trackmania 2020 and Rocket League I am running the newest version of windows 11 as of 8/10/23 and vibrations are disabled ***Moved from Windows...
  10. Why does my xbox keeps disconnecting from my wireless internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox keeps disconnecting from my wireless internet: For the past two days my xbox series x has been disconnecting from my wireless internet almost at random, sometimes it'll stay connected for 10-15 minutes the next it'll stay connected for a...