why does my wi-fi internet stop working when i connect my ps5 controller via Bluetooth in...

Discus and support why does my wi-fi internet stop working when i connect my ps5 controller via Bluetooth in... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; why does my Wi-Fi internet stop working when i connect my ps5 controller via Bluetooth in my windows 11 pc ? I am sure that i am not the only one who... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Faiez Chabouh, Jan 18, 2023.

1. why does my wi-fi internet stop working when i connect my ps5 controller via Bluetooth in...

why does my Wi-Fi internet stop working when i connect my ps5 controller via Bluetooth in my windows 11 pc ? I am sure that i am not the only one who is experiencing this issue , please help !

:)

Faiez Chabouh, Jan 18, 2023
  2. RonaldPires Win User

Xbox controllers for windows 10

Please bear with me, I know I appear needy and am I clueless regarding my issue but I need to understand.

So I have a couple 3 observations and questions

1. All new Xbox 1 controllers are compatible with wireless Bluetooth, wireless Wi-Fi and USB cables.

2. If I want a Wi-Fi adapter, I must purchase separately from the controller and install.

3. All new Xbox 1 controllers say Bluetooth. (results of recent search of MS store all controller details said "Bluetooth")

4. Internet search says
    Bluetooth has shorter range and has slower throughput than WI-FI.

1. Does that mean all new Xbox 1 controllers have a Bluetooth adapter in the box?

2. If a PC is Bluetooth and WI-FI ready does one still need to purchase the adapters?

1. My OS and motherboard are WI-FI and Bluetooth ready I have a WI-FI router, (only personal PC and laptop are hardwired to it, only wife's phone uses the WI-FI connection). would I still need to purchase a WI-FI or Bluetooth adapter
    for the controller?

2. Would
    there be a conflict having both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi active?

I hope this doesn't double post for some reason my 1st attemp froze
  3. Tezzerrific Win User

Questions about the wireless usb receivers for Xbox Controllers.

I use the smaller gen 2 adapter and works for Xbox one original controllers and series controllers perfectly, just make sure you don't use via a usb hub as that is when it will be patchy. the dongle does not use Bluetooth but Microsoft Wi-Fi that they use in the consoles for controller connectivity.
  4. Georges C. Win User

why does my wi-fi internet stop working when i connect my ps5 controller via Bluetooth in my windows 11 pc ?

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Faiez, this is usually due to conflicting hardware drivers on your device.

Have you checked if it has the latest 22H2 version installed and updated?

Updates are often seen as optional.

If you haven't updated yet, click the link below, update, and make all subsequent security updates.

Download Windows 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Download Windows 11

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Also, make sure all Xbox Apps are up to date in the store, and make sure you have the Xbox Companion App installed, it works with the Xbox App.
  5. f00xm4n Win User

ps4 bluetooth vs xbox wi fi direct

its still wireless via wi-fi direct but a custom version for the controller, wi fi (normal)direct for glass and other devices and wi fi N dual band for internet. Its not just latency which has been improved, but bandwidth is 250mb/s vs PS4 3mb/s with Bluetooth
    2.1 EDR. also PS uses wi fi N (not dual band tho) but does not have wi fi direct as a comms port.
  6. Tezzerrific Win User

Connecting Xbox series S to a speaker

Xbox does not have Bluetooth for a start, the controllers have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, they connect to console via built in Wi-Fi.

as more and more digital content, films and games have more complex audio then the need for devices that can accommodate this audio is required, this is the future and if this is something that is not to your liking then custom building your own unit will be the way to go.
Thema:

why does my wi-fi internet stop working when i connect my ps5 controller via Bluetooth in...

1. why does my wi-fi internet stop working when i connect my ps5 controller via Bluetooth in... - Similar Threads - why does internet

2. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  3. Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?: I have a pair of speakers plugged into my Xbox One S using the optical port and sound only comes out one side. I’ve already verified that both speakers do work. I’ve tried changing a few settings...
  4. Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install: I bought Black Ops III and it’s been installing but it stopped at 93.8% and it said the disk may have been damaged or it is dirty. I cleaned it and put it back in to try again but when i put it in...
  5. Why does My Xbox series x continues to not connect to the internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does My Xbox series x continues to not connect to the internet?: When playing for some time once the console is turned off,and when you turn it on again to play the WiFi disconnects and will not connect whatever I do,I’ve had to completely reset the console in...
  6. Does anyone know why my Xbox Series X keeps randomly disconnecting me from the internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know why my Xbox Series X keeps randomly disconnecting me from the internet?: It has been happening out of nowhere for the past few days not. I will be playing games and the it would say I lose connection and then it would come back on in a few second. Then after like 5-10...
  7. Why does my game say “temporary network problem” when my internet is fine?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my game say “temporary network problem” when my internet is fine?: (Xbox one)This has been happening for a few weeks but i just ignored it. but every time i try to play a game it says “There’s a temporary network problem” but my internet is perfectly fine and i...
  8. Why does my xbox keep disconnecting from the internet everyday at 1am

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox keep disconnecting from the internet everyday at 1am: My xbox keeps disconnecting from the internet everyday at 1am, but it still shows me online. Nothing I do works, I have restarted my internet restarted my xbox as well...
  9. Why does my xbox series x keep disconnecting from the internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox series x keep disconnecting from the internet?: ever since yesterday my xbox has been disconnecting from the internet at least once a minute and it will sign me out and not let me sign back in. its super frustrating because i cant play any...
  10. Why does my xbox keeps disconnecting from my wireless internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox keeps disconnecting from my wireless internet: For the past two days my xbox series x has been disconnecting from my wireless internet almost at random, sometimes it'll stay connected for 10-15 minutes the next it'll stay connected for a...