Why does my series s controller keep disconnecting but then reconnecting in the space of 4...

Discus and support Why does my series s controller keep disconnecting but then reconnecting in the space of 4... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My controller will keep disconnecting then reconnecting in the space of 4 seconds or so 3c1d912e-4365-427a-b8c6-3d0465f912cf Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Harvey Pattinson (SEJ), Jun 9, 2023.

1. Why does my series s controller keep disconnecting but then reconnecting in the space of 4...

My controller will keep disconnecting then reconnecting in the space of 4 seconds or so

:)

Harvey Pattinson (SEJ), Jun 9, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Why does my series s controller keep disconnecting but then reconnecting in the space of 4 or so seconds

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

If I may ask, is this happening with just one controller or multiple controllers?

If only for one controller, please check if there is an update:

"1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide, select Profile & system > Settings > Devices & streaming > Accessories, and then select the controller you want to update.

2. On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select “…” to check the firmware version for your controller.

3. If it says “Update,” select Firmware version, and then follow the steps provided."

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  3. Galaxy Golden Win User

Xbox one update

Does your internet disconnect and reconnect often? It could be one of the reasons why the update keeps on stopping.
  4. Shinonc Win User

Elite Controller 2 Bluetooth issues

Having similar Issues. My Elite series 2 controller works fine for about an hour or so, then will disconnect. Half the time it will auto reconnect after 2 or 3 seconds, the other half it will not reconnect at all and I have to manually turn off the controller
    and turn it back on for it to reconnect. Each time it does disconnect the frame rate of the game plummets for a few seconds. Then after some time passes, roughly an hour give or take, the issue will repeat for the entire gaming session.

My windows 10 is up to date as of this posting at build 1909 and my Elite series 2 controller is updated as well.

The support article for troubleshooting bluetooth issues on windows 10 does not help with the issue.

I have never connected the Elite series 2 controller to my Xbox One S, I bought it solely for PC gaming.

Forgot to mention, I am connecting via bluetooth. I do not have a wireless adapter nor do I want to connect using a usb cable.
  5. RedlineZ Win User

Xbox Series X Controller Disconnection Problem

My controllers keep disconnecting from my Xbox series X randomly while playing games. When it happens I connect a different controller and it keeps happening. I have 3 xbox one controllers and 2 series x controllers. I've tried using all of them. I've also gone through all of the troubleshooting steps, made sure controller and console updates have been done and have reset and reconnected the controllers multiple times. I've even tried saving the game soft resetting the console then restarting and reconnecting a controller. I cannot play the trial or opens in FH5 as those are multiplayer races and you cannot pause or rewind or you lose your place. Does my console have a defect with its bluetooth connection?
  6. ChookiPooki Win User

Xbox one controller disconnects when I lose connection to the internet

I know why my internet keeps disconnecting. What im saying is my controller disconnects when i lose connection. It will reconnect but on rare occasions it will not turn back on. Dont worry about the wifi part. All I need to know is if the controllers are
    supposed to drop conneection and then reconnect when the xbox all of a sudden loses internet connection. I dont lose control of the wifi.
Thema:

Why does my series s controller keep disconnecting but then reconnecting in the space of 4...

1. Why does my series s controller keep disconnecting but then reconnecting in the space of 4... - Similar Threads - Why does series

2. Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?: Hello, I bought the series X last week and I have had constant issues with Xbox not connecting to the WiFi, after it was set up, when I start the system. Absolutely nothing changes. The system...
  3. why does my xbox series x controller keep disconnected

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series x controller keep disconnected: my xbox series x controller keeps disconnecting i changed the batteries i couldnt resync the controller until i turned off the power supply but took about 2 minutes and the controller again...
  4. Why does my Xbox series x/s wireless controller disconnect when my Xbox one disconnects...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox series x/s wireless controller disconnect when my Xbox one disconnects...: When I came back home as I brought my Xbox to my friends house, it always disconnects from the WiFi and I don't know why. When it disconnected, my controller also disconnected....
  5. Why does My Xbox series x continues to not connect to the internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does My Xbox series x continues to not connect to the internet?: When playing for some time once the console is turned off,and when you turn it on again to play the WiFi disconnects and will not connect whatever I do,I’ve had to completely reset the console in...
  6. Why does my elite controller series two disconnect when wire isn’t plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite controller series two disconnect when wire isn’t plugged in: My elite series two controller keeps on disconnecting when the wire isn’t connected, I’ll be using it then suddenly I can’t move in my game or scroll on YouTube I look down and see the light...
  7. Why does my Xbox series s have so many bugs ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox series s have so many bugs ?: I’ve had this Xbox series s for about a year now and taken care of it perfectly but I’ve randomly started to encounter bugs after bugs after more random bugs so first I was experiencing really bad...
  8. Why does my series x not make the chime noise when i turn it on and off?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my series x not make the chime noise when i turn it on and off?: Does anyone know how to fix this? 2966b0b0-38b5-4363-b5a6-9f5cd45a4763
  9. Why does my Xbox Series X keep crashing when trying to run online multi-player games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox Series X keep crashing when trying to run online multi-player games?: When running certain games over the past year (MW3, Forza Horizon, MLB the Show), my Xbox keep closing the game application and return me to the home screen. Most times, this causes me to lose the...
  10. Why does my Xbox series 2 don’t keep disconnecting in a game?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox series 2 don’t keep disconnecting in a game?: I recently bought a Xbox series 2 controller 2 weeks ago or so and have had no problems since this last week it keeps “disconnecting” but the light don’t turn off and I can use my Xbox menu and go...