Why does my MW2 freeze and then crash in the middle of a match?

Discus and support Why does my MW2 freeze and then crash in the middle of a match? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My game keeps freezing in the middle of the match and usually only happens when I die mid game and I have no apps running in the background I’m just... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Taylor 34, Nov 6, 2022.

1. Taylor 34
    Taylor 34 Guest

My game keeps freezing in the middle of the match and usually only happens when I die mid game and I have no apps running in the background I’m just confused of why this keeps happening.

:)

Taylor 34, Nov 6, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Please tell me what did you tried in that case.
    This is to avoid giving you the same troubleshooting steps
  3. dixonlee1 Win User

I'm also having the same issue on Xbox series X. My MW2 crashes when I die. This happens almost every other match. No error message.

I've tried hard reboot, even uninstalled and reinstalling the game. Nothing has helped so far.
  4. Valor5757 Win User

Hi Josef, I'm also having this issue with MW2 constantly freezing/crashing.
    I play on PC.
    I have the most up-to-date Windows 10 update.
    I have the most updated graphics drivers from Nvidia.
    My PC stays cool between 70c and 77c depending on what game mode (I.e. Ground war/Invasion seems to get my system hotter)
    I have checked the integrity of my files and everything seems ok.

This is only happening with MW2. I use Battle Net (if that means anything)
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Taylor

Additional information is needed, please answer the following questions to assist you properly:

Is this happening on Xbox?

If yes, what console do you have?

Or is this happening on PC?

If yes, are you using Windows 10 or 11?

In any case, when the game crash, are you receiving an error message/code or nothing?

Is this happening only with MW2?

And what did you tried so far to fix this, in that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed
  6. Taylor 34 Win User

I’m playing box series s and it’s only mw2 and I’ve tried multiple solutions to try and fix this but nothing is working. And I recieve no error messages
Thema:

1. Why does my MW2 freeze and then crash in the middle of a match? - Similar Threads - Why does MW2

2. Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?: I am trying to play some black ops three zombies with my friends but I cannot join them because bo3 says my nat type is strict. But when I go to my Xbox's network settings it says open and all...
  3. Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.: I'm not able to talk to my friends in a party chat while I'm on computer It pops up a message that states this "Background apps permissions for Xbox are turned off. Other may not be able to hear...
  4. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  5. Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?: I have a pair of speakers plugged into my Xbox One S using the optical port and sound only comes out one side. I’ve already verified that both speakers do work. I’ve tried changing a few settings...
  6. Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install: I bought Black Ops III and it’s been installing but it stopped at 93.8% and it said the disk may have been damaged or it is dirty. I cleaned it and put it back in to try again but when i put it in...
  7. Why does my series x do this

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my series x do this: since i got my series x whenever i turn it on and on the home screen it says connect to the xbox network after 10 to 30 seconds it connects by itself. Is this normal?...
  8. Why does xbox like shafting people

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does xbox like shafting people: I get home from a long days work and i turn on my console to see an update for the game i play. It installs then gets stuck at 1.2% finishing things up. I wait about 20 minutes for nothing to...
  9. why does microsoft say i didn't £69.99 for mw2?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why does microsoft say i didn't £69.99 for mw2?: why does microsoft say i didn't £69.99 for mw2? give me a refund your own records say i paid for it 318ada7e-4014-4e39-907b-81342fca63f5
  10. why does mw2 and warzone say it cant connect to a data center?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why does mw2 and warzone say it cant connect to a data center?: i recently got an xbox series s and have downloaded mw2 + warzone. ive played the campaign in mw2 and evrrything was okay. i then bought xbox gamepass so i could play online, but everytime i try...