Why does my Minecraft world only open when imported into the preview and not the release...

Discus and support Why does my Minecraft world only open when imported into the preview and not the release... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I reinstalled Minecraft and ever since I did that I can’t play my worlds anymore. I get the message if I try and play a world: “unable to sync world... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Yannick Kramer, Mar 19, 2023.

1. Why does my Minecraft world only open when imported into the preview and not the release...

I reinstalled Minecraft and ever since I did that I can’t play my worlds anymore. I get the message if I try and play a world: “unable to sync world data”. I’ve tried everything. Hard reset Xbox (I’m on series x btw). Redownloading my profile. Reinstalling the game again. Open the world in a realm. Nothing works. The only thing that does work is opening and playing the world on Minecraft “preview” edition. So that tells me that the world is saved just fine in the cloud. Somehow the release version just doesn’t wanna sync my worlds anymore. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks.

:)

Yannick Kramer, Mar 19, 2023
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Why does my Minecraft world only open when imported into the preview and not the release version?

Thanks, if you try creating a new world. Something similar happens once you re-open Minecraft or is this happening only with this specific world?

And, do you know if Minecraft received an update recently before this problem with your world started to happen?
  3. RonBakerr Win User

Why does my Minecraft world only open when imported into the preview and not the release version?

I did create it and always played it on the regular version.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

I mean, the regular Minecraft version. Not preview
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this RONBAKERRMVP

Additional information is needed, please tell me:

Is this happening on Xbox or PC?
    If it’s on Xbox, what console do you have?
    If it’s on PC, are you using windows 10 or 11?

In any case:
    Did you created and played this world always on the stable Minecraft version?
    May I know if you tried uploading the world to a realm to see if that helps?
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

I can suggest you other things just to cover everything from your side. But if the issue persist you may need to report this to Mojang here:
    https://bugs.mojang.com

Skip the ones that you already tried:

A. Power cycle the Xbox:
    1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.
    2. Unplug the console's power cable from the console and from the power outlet. Wait 5 minutes.
    Important: Be sure to wait at least 5 minutes. This step resets the power supply.
    3. Plug the console power cable back in.
    4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

After that, remove and re-add your profile on the console.
    In case you need it, here's how to remove and re-add:
    https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/m...

Also disconnect your router from power for about 3 minutes. Then connect it again an when everything is working, try again

B. Try opening the game and the world offline - disconnected from the internet

C. Can be a bit odd but try using a custom DNS address:
    go to Settings > Network > Advanced Settings

Once you’re inside the Advanced Settings menu, go to DNS settings and select Manual from the list of available options.
    When you get to the next screen, enter 8.8.8.8 in the box associated with the Primary DNS and 8.8.4.4 in the Secondary DNS box.

Once the default DNS addresses have been changed, restart your console and see if the issue has been resolved at the next console startup.
    If that doesn't work use 1.1.1.1 as primary and 1.0.0.1 as secondary

D. Clear your MAC address
    Go to Settings > Network > Advanced Settings > Alternate MAC Address
    Select Clear, restart your console and give it a new try

E. Do a factory reset for your console but keeping games and apps
    Go to Settings > System > Console info > reset and then select keep my games and apps
    **Make sure to know the email and password for all your accounts
Thema:

Why does my Minecraft world only open when imported into the preview and not the release...

1. Why does my Minecraft world only open when imported into the preview and not the release... - Similar Threads - Why does Minecraft

2. why does my minecraft keep failing to load

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my minecraft keep failing to load: Basically when i try to play minecraft by opening the launcher and pressing play it says: Unable to start Java. Error details: No applicable app licenses found. Filename on disk: javaw.exe Path:...
  3. why does the minecraft launcher keep displaying this error message ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    why does the minecraft launcher keep displaying this error message ?: hello ! i bought minecraft two days ago and have been greeted with the error code "(-2015294512)" every time i have tried to launch the game. i've linked a video below to show what's going on....
  4. Why does Microsoft forbid us from playing Minecraft Java Edition with our kids now?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Microsoft forbid us from playing Minecraft Java Edition with our kids now?: I've been playing Minecraft with my kids for 15 years and our youngest is starting to get into it now too. So, I created a Microsoft account for her (cause that's mandatory now) and bought her...
  5. Why does Minecraft (PE Edition) Not allow me to use Classic skins?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Minecraft (PE Edition) Not allow me to use Classic skins?: I wanted to return to Minecraft but when I opened the app the game didn't load in my custom classic skin, and instead showed a premade default skin. I've tried multiple things; deleting and...
  6. Why does it say my microsoft account doesnt exist but it still exist because my minecraft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does it say my microsoft account doesnt exist but it still exist because my minecraft...: Please, i really need help with this problem, im freaked out f9f73ff6-5331-413f-a7f6-ca29855b8389
  7. Why does Minecraft open up with a black screen?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Minecraft open up with a black screen?: I open up Minecraft and its full screened while black, I think a way to fix this is resetting video settings but I dont know how to do that when I cant see anything (I doubt this has to do with...
  8. Why does Microsoft not let you transfer your Minecraft worlds to your own account from a...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does Microsoft not let you transfer your Minecraft worlds to your own account from a...: Me and a lot of other people are mad because of the fact that Microsoft won't let you transfer worlds between Minecraft and their trying to get a lot of Xbox users to buy the game, I have a little...
  9. Why does my minecraft world still say that im out of data storage ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my minecraft world still say that im out of data storage ?: For context: My minecraft world on my xbox one s has an issue it says that im out of data storage but i tried deleting save files, clearing local games, reseting my xbox and deleting worlds and...
  10. Why does Minecraft have so many problems?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Minecraft have so many problems?: I recently downloaded Minecraft from the Microsoft store and I have a problem. After downloading the launcher I went ahead and installed the java edition. After downloading it the game didn't...