Why does my mic work for all other apps but not the Xbox app?

Discus and support Why does my mic work for all other apps but not the Xbox app? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; So, when I make or join a party on the Xbox app on my pc it sounds like a robot and like my voice is in a fan. I've tried every possible solution. I've... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Imjustcolbyokay X_X, Feb 11, 2023.

1. Why does my mic work for all other apps but not the Xbox app?

So, when I make or join a party on the Xbox app on my pc it sounds like a robot and like my voice is in a fan. I've tried every possible solution. I've gotten a new microphone that was a $100 more expensive to try and fix it. I've changed the bits and hz to make my microphone sound better, but nothing works. I deleted both the Xbox app and game bar to see if that would resolve the issue... still no luck. I've rested the computer. I've updated the apps, microphone, and computer. I' honestly out of ideas of what to do. If someone can please help me that would be FANTASTIC. Cause honestly, I am giving up on this.

:)

Imjustcolbyokay X_X, Feb 11, 2023
  2. MB5656 Win User

Xbox app does not open in continnum for phones

why can't the Xbox s app work in continuum mode for windows phone? The app is grayed out and does not go into an desktop version of the app. Why does the Xbox app not work but Instagram, edge, photos, Groove music, and other apps work?
  3. RezidentMeme Win User

WTF... Game Clip voice recording - Why is this not possible?

When I record a game clip on the Xbox One X my voice is not recorded even though all my mic settings are set to on. I'm totally confounded as to why this is so, since my mic is working with other apps and game chat. Supposedly this feature is built into
    the Xbox One X capture system.
  4. AidenBertram1 Win User

mic on xbox app sounds robotic

It's a bug with the Xbox app on pc. My mic does the same thing when using the Xbox app but works fine when using an app like discord.
  5. RonnieC.1 Win User

Xbox Game Pass PC (Beta) not detecting Mic (Audio Input Device)

Hey CptMorgnNoBeard,

I have tried this method as well and still no luck. I have the voice volume all the way up and still no sign of input. Like I said, aside from Xbox apps, my mic works as usual for other programs like Discord, Zoom, etc. Just not sure why the Xbox apps are
    not responding to it. =/
  6. Ghoul xo Win User

So Why is the Xbox PC App so Bad?

The app is garbage, it disallows me from using my mic to speak in parties for literally no reason, it works perfectly on every other communication application, but on the Xbox App it just blasts static down the mic. Broken ass app please fix.
Thema:

Why does my mic work for all other apps but not the Xbox app?

1. Why does my mic work for all other apps but not the Xbox app? - Similar Threads - Why does mic

2. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  3. Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?: I have a pair of speakers plugged into my Xbox One S using the optical port and sound only comes out one side. I’ve already verified that both speakers do work. I’ve tried changing a few settings...
  4. Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install: I bought Black Ops III and it’s been installing but it stopped at 93.8% and it said the disk may have been damaged or it is dirty. I cleaned it and put it back in to try again but when i put it in...
  5. Why does xbox like shafting people

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does xbox like shafting people: I get home from a long days work and i turn on my console to see an update for the game i play. It installs then gets stuck at 1.2% finishing things up. I wait about 20 minutes for nothing to...
  6. Why does the mic audio only work when the Xbox game bar is actively open?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the mic audio only work when the Xbox game bar is actively open?: The mic audio works perfectly fine when I have the Xbox game bar open but, when it Is closed the mic isn'tbeing picked up. 36e51d7b-e67b-4d51-b4d0-37ad18b71460
  7. Why does my mic not work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my mic not work?: I have tried many different earphones and headphones in my series s controller. Nothing I have done as worked. I have followed all the guides, watched all the YouTube videos but my mic simply does...
  8. Why does my mic in game capture only work after turning it on during a manual recording.

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my mic in game capture only work after turning it on during a manual recording.: I've been using the XBOX game bar to capture video game clips of me and my friends. Usually it would only pick up audio from discord and from the game I play (rocket league). My own audio is not...
  9. Does anyone know why warzone 2.0 mutes my turtle beach mic so i can not use party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Does anyone know why warzone 2.0 mutes my turtle beach mic so i can not use party chat: All my settings are on for the mic turtle beach sent me a new headset and still i get muted 7440d5ed-baa1-411b-a281-b75658bc72a2
  10. Why does my controller disconnect when I plug my wired mic in?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller disconnect when I plug my wired mic in?: I just purchased a xbox controller, took it out of the box, synced it, updated it, restarted everything, but when I plung my mic control puck in the controller disconnects from the console. I've...