Why does my mic in game capture only work after turning it on during a manual recording.

Discus and support Why does my mic in game capture only work after turning it on during a manual recording. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I've been using the XBOX game bar to capture video game clips of me and my friends. Usually it would only pick up audio from discord and from the game... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Olivier Verhagen, May 25, 2023.

1. Why does my mic in game capture only work after turning it on during a manual recording.

I've been using the XBOX game bar to capture video game clips of me and my friends. Usually it would only pick up audio from discord and from the game I play (rocket league). My own audio is not being recorded.

After recording a clip in a different game (deep rock galactic), I noticed that in that video clip my audio is being recorded. I looked into it a bit further.

What I did:

• I checked the privacy settings for my microphone in the windows settings (windows 10). In there both rocket league and the xbox game bar have access to my microphone
    • In the settings of Xbox game bar, the 'record audio when i record a game' as well as the setting that says: 'turn on mic by default when i record' is turned on.
      • the microphone volume in the screen is set to 100%
      • the box with 'only record game audio' is not on.
    • In the Xbox game bar settings (Windows key + G)
      • the setting 'audio to record' is set to 'all: game, enabled mic, apps, system'
      • the setting 'record in the background while I'm playing a game' is turned on
      • the setting 'show microphone recording notifications' is turned off
    • In rocket league i did the following
      • I made a capture and found out that when I boot up the game my mic isn't being recorded
      • I can do a manual recording. In there my mic is turned off by default. After turning it on, my mic works and my audio get captured.
      • Then when i stop manually recording and make a video game capture (windows key + Alt + G) my mic is being recorded
    Is anyone able to help me with this?

I would like to have my mic be on by default when recording clips.

Thank you in advance

:)

Olivier Verhagen, May 25, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Why does my mic in game capture only work after turning it on during a manual recording.

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Moderator
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Olivier Verhagen,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you are trying to record a clip of your game recording your microphone while being heard in the game. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner for you to get back to gaming.

Based on your description, you can record your own audio when you play Deep Rock Galactic but on Rocket League it does not work.

1. May we confirm if both games were installed from Xbox app / Microsoft Store?
    2. Do we have settings for microphone on the Deep Rock Galactic, is it enabled?
    3. Have you tried to play Rocket League without recording it? Will your voice be heard by the team/players in the game?
    4. Have you tried using different headset or microphone, will issue persist?
    5. Are both games played while on full-screen mode or borderless window mode?

We look forward to your response.

Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. RezidentMeme Win User

WTF... Game Clip voice recording - Why is this not possible?

When I record a game clip on the Xbox One X my voice is not recorded even though all my mic settings are set to on. I'm totally confounded as to why this is so, since my mic is working with other apps and game chat. Supposedly this feature is built into
    the Xbox One X capture system.
  5. CptMorgnNoBeard Win User

Mikrofon sorunu[Microphone problem]

Hi There,

Have you enabled recording of your mic during game captures? It is a setting that is usually disabled by default and you would be required to enable it from your Console capture settings.
  6. kyle_m4496 Win User

xbox game bar screen recording black screen

Hi Enlopz. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

> i would also like to add that the screen record was named “control panel”

Game Bar names recordings after the app it was recording, so in this case it was recording the Control Panel.

Game Bar can only record one app window, it will record the app which was focused when you started the recording. It cannot switch to recording another app after you begin recording.

> i would also like to fix this specific screen recording as it is important for me.

I'm afraid it won't be possible to fix this recording. Game Bar only recorded that specific window; you can't go back and change that as any other data was not captured during the recording.

If you wish to record your whole screen, I recommend using a different recording app such as OBS. Game Bar is designed for recording games, hence why it can only capture one window at a time.

Please reach back if you have further questions.

Thanks,
    Kyle
Thema:

1. Why does my mic in game capture only work after turning it on during a manual recording. - Similar Threads - Why does mic

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  4. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  5. Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?: My avatar hasn't displayed on my profile for months. Xbox changed the way they store items you had in your activity feed as a money grab to get PC users to buy into their Office products,...
  6. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  7. Why does the mic audio only work when the Xbox game bar is actively open?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the mic audio only work when the Xbox game bar is actively open?: The mic audio works perfectly fine when I have the Xbox game bar open but, when it Is closed the mic isn'tbeing picked up. 36e51d7b-e67b-4d51-b4d0-37ad18b71460
  8. Why does my mic not work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my mic not work?: I have tried many different earphones and headphones in my series s controller. Nothing I have done as worked. I have followed all the guides, watched all the YouTube videos but my mic simply does...
  9. Does anyone know why warzone 2.0 mutes my turtle beach mic so i can not use party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Does anyone know why warzone 2.0 mutes my turtle beach mic so i can not use party chat: All my settings are on for the mic turtle beach sent me a new headset and still i get muted 7440d5ed-baa1-411b-a281-b75658bc72a2
  10. Why does my controller disconnect when I plug my wired mic in?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller disconnect when I plug my wired mic in?: I just purchased a xbox controller, took it out of the box, synced it, updated it, restarted everything, but when I plung my mic control puck in the controller disconnects from the console. I've...