Why does my gameshareing not work?

Discus and support Why does my gameshareing not work? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I just started to GameShare with a friend, who has gamepass ultimate. I try to hop onto a game that is an online game, it keeps bringing me to a page... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dom Cheek, Nov 27, 2022.

1. Dom Cheek
    Dom Cheek Guest

I just started to GameShare with a friend, who has gamepass ultimate. I try to hop onto a game that is an online game, it keeps bringing me to a page that says "choose a plan" and it keeps doing that even after both of us have reset our xboxes, can anyone help me with this? We had been gamsharing in the passed with no problems, and we just got 1 of the 5 tries, I am able to play all of his owned games, gold games,EA play games, and his gamepass games. This situation is super annoying, if anyone has an answer it would be very appreciated, thanks.

:)

Dom Cheek, Nov 27, 2022
  2. Nursemorph Win User

What game is it? Are you tyring to play DLC from that game? I ask as some DLCs can't be used through GS
  3. ReAcTiOnEX Win User

Gameshareing

Why is it now that in order for the gamesharing to work for me, I have to have both my gamertag and my gameshare partner/friend signed in? Thanks.
  4. Jonny306 Win User

Why does my gameshare not work for NBA 2k23?

Hello there!

My name is Jonny and I will be assisting you today!

First, thank you so much for contacting us regarding your inquiry/ concern.

I do look forward to resolving this problem together! :)

It could mean your friend is having it shared with him.

Either way, it sounds like his account isn't being recognized as the owner of this game.

Note: Do keep in mind that this title was also part of free-to-play days so make sure you aren't installing that from your libraries.
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

shadowkeep

I believe when it comes to destiny 2 gamesharing wont work as its linked to the account it first launches on
    Gamesharing does work on Destiny 2. It's only the preorder bonuses that do not work with the gamesharing as they are for the person that preorders/bought the game.
  6. jameshoyne Win User

Fifa 21 Gamesharing HELP

Hello. I bought fifa 21 on my xbox and when i gameshare with my friend it says that only 1 person can play at a time ? Why does it do this
Thema:

1. Why does my gameshareing not work? - Similar Threads - Why does gameshareing

2. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  3. Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?: I have a pair of speakers plugged into my Xbox One S using the optical port and sound only comes out one side. I’ve already verified that both speakers do work. I’ve tried changing a few settings...
  4. Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install: I bought Black Ops III and it’s been installing but it stopped at 93.8% and it said the disk may have been damaged or it is dirty. I cleaned it and put it back in to try again but when i put it in...
  5. Why does my series x do this

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my series x do this: since i got my series x whenever i turn it on and on the home screen it says connect to the xbox network after 10 to 30 seconds it connects by itself. Is this normal?...
  6. Why does xbox like shafting people

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does xbox like shafting people: I get home from a long days work and i turn on my console to see an update for the game i play. It installs then gets stuck at 1.2% finishing things up. I wait about 20 minutes for nothing to...
  7. Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it my household socket and turned on does it set...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it my household socket and turned on does it set...: Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it in my household socket and turned on does it set sombodys house alarm start blaring thanks in advance 3446b748-880c-421d-b13b-a923768fc288
  8. Why does my Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000, Black work on my personal desktop but not work on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000, Black work on my personal desktop but not work on...: I work remote. My team can hear me on Zoom or Skype on my personal desktop. But in Citrix and the cati or whatever that software is that we use to do surveys, one or both of these aren't working...
  9. Why does my Xbox Discord stream not pick up my background music?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox Discord stream not pick up my background music?: I usually play games with Spotify or Soundcloud music playing in the background. Lately, I've decided to try streaming, first testing in my own server to see if it works. I realized if I listen...
  10. Why does my gameshare not work for NBA 2k23?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my gameshare not work for NBA 2k23?: My friend is gamesharing with me and i can play every game that he shared with my for free except for NBA 2k23. For some reason, it wants me to download 2k for the full price despite my friend...