Why does my game download the network but not the whole game

Discus and support Why does my game download the network but not the whole game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; ok so look i tried to download a GTA5 game and i had the disk i put the disk in and it downloads but it stops downloading at 71 percent and i checked... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Angel The playa, May 13, 2023.

1. Why does my game download the network but not the whole game

ok so look i tried to download a GTA5 game and i had the disk i put the disk in and it downloads but it stops downloading at 71 percent and i checked why it stopped it stopped because the network was finished downloading but not the rest of the game so i wanna know how i can fix it
    the network downloads but not the whole game?

:)

Angel The playa, May 13, 2023
  2. Patrik27 Win User

I have the same problem with GTA5, I try every solution but it didn't help.

I try downloading it in the offline mode but it stopped on 1.7% ( disc installing ),I try clear my local saved games but it didn't help as well. I don't know what to do, please help me with it.
  3. OpticRJames Win User

Hi, Angel. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please check first if you have enough space for the game installation on your console's hard drive.

If it has enough space, please try the steps below one at a time to sot out the issue.

Solution 1: Clear your local saved games.

Eject the disc from your console.

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Storage devices.

Select Clear local saved games.

Note Selecting this option will not delete any games or progress you have saved in the Xbox cloud. It will only clear data you have saved locally.

Select Yes to confirm.

Once your console restarts, try installing the game again.

Solution 2: Install the game in offline mode.

Step 1: Use your console offline

Follow these steps:

Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Network settings.

Select Go offline.

Step 2: Cancel the download

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide, and then select My games & apps > See all.

Select Manage > Queue.

Highlight the game you’re trying to install and press the Menu button  on the controller.

Select Cancel.

Step 3: Eject the game disc and power cycle the console

Eject the game disc.

Press and hold the Xbox button  to open the Power Center.

Select Restart console.

Select Restart.

Note If the console appears to be frozen, press and hold the Xbox button  on the console for about 10 seconds until the console turns off. After the console shuts down, touch the Xbox button  on the console again to restart.

Step 4: Install the game

After the console restarts, insert the disc. Follow the steps to install the game.

Note Make sure you do this before you reconnect to the internet.

Step 5: Go online and let the game update install

Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Network settings.

Select Go online.

You can also check this link as a reference, https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/....
  4. XBF Chris J Win User

Xbox One X deleting games before the Updates

Hello there,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Does this happen with any games that are download to the internal storage?

If a game update becomes cancelled/corrupted during the download then the whole game will uninstall. It's possible then that there is an issue with the network if the Hard drive truly is not at fault.
  5. CL159 Win User

[PC] Forza Horizon 5 - Xbox app forces me to download the whole game every update

This is the 2nd update I've received where it's downloaded the whole game again.

Particularly annoying when downloads on my network are throttled to sub 5Mbps.
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

Network Transefered DLC not working

Try downloading them to the console instead. They may have got corrupt during the network transfer, hence why the game does not recognize them.
Thema:

1. Why does my game download the network but not the whole game - Similar Threads - Why does game

2. Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.: I'm not able to talk to my friends in a party chat while I'm on computer It pops up a message that states this "Background apps permissions for Xbox are turned off. Other may not be able to hear...
  3. Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install: I bought Black Ops III and it’s been installing but it stopped at 93.8% and it said the disk may have been damaged or it is dirty. I cleaned it and put it back in to try again but when i put it in...
  4. Why does my Xbox disconnect from 5g WiFi when I’m downloading games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox disconnect from 5g WiFi when I’m downloading games?: When I am downloading a game, my Xbox will hold a 105+ mbps download speed. But starting a couple of months ago, my Xbox randomly disconnects from the WiFi only when I’m downloading games. Does...
  5. Why does my Xbox game chat work but no game audio or sounds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox game chat work but no game audio or sounds: I just got the Astro A10 headset and have tried every way I could possibly find and think of. I just then managed to get the mic to work when spoken into and can hear other people in the Xbox...
  6. Why does the cloud gaming website no longer recognize my controller as connected?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the cloud gaming website no longer recognize my controller as connected?: Attempting to play Xbox cloud gaming on chrome, due to it crashing every time I attempt it on the xbox app. It no longer recognizes that my controller is connected and won’t allow me to use it...
  7. Why does my controller not select apps or options but in games the controller works...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller not select apps or options but in games the controller works...: Why does my controller not select apps or options even though I see it responding but in games the controller works perfectly fine? It also keeps sticking to the top of the screen even though I...
  8. Why does my screen do this when I launch a game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my screen do this when I launch a game: Why does my screen turn green when I launch a game c040928f-6bc4-450d-8b7d-3f7da54b9669
  9. Why does my Xbox one overheat when I load up on games but apps don’t thermal throttle

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox one overheat when I load up on games but apps don’t thermal throttle: I had this Xbox one for almost 9 years I cleaned the console and the thermal paste a 6 months ago and it never did this every time I loaded up Fortnite or Any other game the fans go at full speed...
  10. Why does my Xbox Series X keep crashing when trying to run online multi-player games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox Series X keep crashing when trying to run online multi-player games?: When running certain games over the past year (MW3, Forza Horizon, MLB the Show), my Xbox keep closing the game application and return me to the home screen. Most times, this causes me to lose the...