why does my game disc keep saying installation stopped? i tried both troubleshooting...

Discus and support why does my game disc keep saying installation stopped? i tried both troubleshooting... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; i have been trying to install my game that is a disc and it keeps saying installation stopped. it gets to a little over 10gb installed then it keeps... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Gage Darlington, Aug 2, 2022.

1. why does my game disc keep saying installation stopped? i tried both troubleshooting...

i have been trying to install my game that is a disc and it keeps saying installation stopped. it gets to a little over 10gb installed then it keeps saying installation stopped and won’t go any further. i did try both of the troubleshooting options step by step and neither of those worked. is there any of options i can try to fix this problem?

:)

Gage Darlington, Aug 2, 2022
  2. Dérek Augusto Win User

why does my game disc keep saying installation stopped? i tried both troubleshooting options those didn’t work

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

Gage, it could be a CD error.

Let's do it this way, download the xbox app on your phone, search for the game and click download. See if the download starts on your console.

(Leave the CD out of the console)

I'm waiting for the result.
  3. Gage Darlington Win User

why does my game disc keep saying installation stopped? i tried both troubleshooting options those didn’t work

i have the xbox app on my phone but the app will not let me add my console to it. every time i try it says try again in a bit something went wrong.
  4. Dérek Augusto Win User

Open the panel by pressing the Xbox button in the center of the controller.

Scroll right on the panel to the System area.

Select Settings.

Select Network.

Select Network Settings.

Select NAT Test Type.

Tell me what appears on this test, please

And try this procedure.

After it, try to install the game again, and try to add the console to the app again.

Press the Xbox button to open the dashboard.

Select System > Settings > System > Console Information

Select Reset Console.

Restore and keep my games and apps.

Rest assured, you won't miss games or saves

When asking to pull settings from an old xbox, put no

You will have to log in your accounts again, that's all
  5. XBF Lance J Win User

Kingdom hearts intallation

Hey Hellycat,

Thank you for reaching out. We understand you are having a hard time installing KH3 as it keeps stopping on you. If you haven't already, check out our

Game Installation Stops
    article for some quick and easy troubleshooting steps. Most of these apply to both digital and disc, just ignore the last two. Hope this helps! :D
  6. Derion Liebenberg Win User

Why my skylanders imaginators Xbox one game is stopping installation at 42% and says game needs update but won’t update.

Good day Darhyl.

I have tried to clear my local saved games, the game still downloads but stops at 42.8% and stops the installation.

I have also done a reset on my Xbox and it still won’t download, every time I go into the game, cause it says needs an update and I do the same process but just keeps stopping the installation at 42.8%

I have tried on both my Xbox x series and Xbox one.

If I go to Microsoft store it play game cause I have it.

I have the disc of skylanders imaginators.

Need further assistance with this issue, thanks Darhyl
Thema:

why does my game disc keep saying installation stopped? i tried both troubleshooting...

1. why does my game disc keep saying installation stopped? i tried both troubleshooting... - Similar Threads - why does game

2. Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.: I'm not able to talk to my friends in a party chat while I'm on computer It pops up a message that states this "Background apps permissions for Xbox are turned off. Other may not be able to hear...
  3. Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install: I bought Black Ops III and it’s been installing but it stopped at 93.8% and it said the disk may have been damaged or it is dirty. I cleaned it and put it back in to try again but when i put it in...
  4. Why does my Xbox disconnect from 5g WiFi when I’m downloading games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox disconnect from 5g WiFi when I’m downloading games?: When I am downloading a game, my Xbox will hold a 105+ mbps download speed. But starting a couple of months ago, my Xbox randomly disconnects from the WiFi only when I’m downloading games. Does...
  5. Why does my Xbox game chat work but no game audio or sounds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox game chat work but no game audio or sounds: I just got the Astro A10 headset and have tried every way I could possibly find and think of. I just then managed to get the mic to work when spoken into and can hear other people in the Xbox...
  6. Why does the cloud gaming website no longer recognize my controller as connected?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the cloud gaming website no longer recognize my controller as connected?: Attempting to play Xbox cloud gaming on chrome, due to it crashing every time I attempt it on the xbox app. It no longer recognizes that my controller is connected and won’t allow me to use it...
  7. Why does my controller not select apps or options but in games the controller works...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller not select apps or options but in games the controller works...: Why does my controller not select apps or options even though I see it responding but in games the controller works perfectly fine? It also keeps sticking to the top of the screen even though I...
  8. Why does my screen do this when I launch a game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my screen do this when I launch a game: Why does my screen turn green when I launch a game c040928f-6bc4-450d-8b7d-3f7da54b9669
  9. Why does my Xbox one overheat when I load up on games but apps don’t thermal throttle

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox one overheat when I load up on games but apps don’t thermal throttle: I had this Xbox one for almost 9 years I cleaned the console and the thermal paste a 6 months ago and it never did this every time I loaded up Fortnite or Any other game the fans go at full speed...
  10. Why does my Xbox Series X keep crashing when trying to run online multi-player games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox Series X keep crashing when trying to run online multi-player games?: When running certain games over the past year (MW3, Forza Horizon, MLB the Show), my Xbox keep closing the game application and return me to the home screen. Most times, this causes me to lose the...