Why does my friend have to copy a game from his external to his internal hard drive?

Discus and support Why does my friend have to copy a game from his external to his internal hard drive? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; my friend has 600gb on his external hard drive but it wont let him play the games he has on it unless he copys them to his internal hard please help i... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NobleJay, Jun 4, 2023.

1. NobleJay
    NobleJay Guest

Why does my friend have to copy a game from his external to his internal hard drive?

my friend has 600gb on his external hard drive but it wont let him play the games he has on it unless he copys them to his internal hard please help i really want to help him fix this i looked up how to fix this and i cant find any help anywhere he is on xbox series s

:)

NobleJay, Jun 4, 2023
  2. Smwutches Win User

If he has a Series S/X and is trying to play a Series S/X optimized game, it will only run on the internal drive or on an expansion card made for the Series S/X. It won't run on a regular external hard drive or SSD.
  3. ADirtyLibrarian Win User

How to get gta 5 to stop freezing

Hi

Have you got the game installed on a external hard drive or on the internal hard drive?
  4. AngelObullets Win User

Two Point Hospital issues

Hi there Lilashh

I have heard of situations like that before on external hard drives so have to ask if the games installed on the internal or external hard drive at all?. If so try moving it over to the internal hard drive.
  5. bloodbringer16 Win User

Issues with new Xbox One X console

Hi there

Hard resetting the console might fix the problem.

To do that hold the power button down on your xbox for 10 seconds till the console turns off and then turn it back on.

but do this after you have tried to copy red dead redemption 2 to the internal hard drive from your external hard drive just in case anything gose wrong if you do it while copying the game.

And red dead redemption 2 should still work from your external hard drive.
  6. VecaisVaskis Win User

Xbox Game Pass PC error 0x8007001f when installing games

Hi, sorry for that issue, the problem is the external hard drive, for some reason (I don't know why), the games that require Administrator approval have issue on external drive.
    Thanks for the answer. External hard drive it is not the problem in my case. While trying to find a solution to this Xbox Game pass for PC / Windows Store error I did reinstall Windows 10 on my iMac's internal hard drive. The problem with error 0x8007001f
    persists even when Windows 10 is installed on the internal hard drive.
Thema:

1. Why does my friend have to copy a game from his external to his internal hard drive? - Similar Threads - Why does friend

2. Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.: I'm not able to talk to my friends in a party chat while I'm on computer It pops up a message that states this "Background apps permissions for Xbox are turned off. Other may not be able to hear...
  3. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  4. Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?: I have a pair of speakers plugged into my Xbox One S using the optical port and sound only comes out one side. I’ve already verified that both speakers do work. I’ve tried changing a few settings...
  5. Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install: I bought Black Ops III and it’s been installing but it stopped at 93.8% and it said the disk may have been damaged or it is dirty. I cleaned it and put it back in to try again but when i put it in...
  6. Why does rainbow six seige kick me out of the entire game when i am partied up with friends...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does rainbow six seige kick me out of the entire game when i am partied up with friends...: Every match that we start lets me pick my operator for round 1 and then kicks me out of the game. I then have to start up the game and reconnect to the game is was just in and then i can play the...
  7. Why does my friends or my Xbox say "this game can not be cross play" when we srs both on Xbox?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my friends or my Xbox say "this game can not be cross play" when we srs both on Xbox?: My Xbox as well as my friends is not letting us play games together. It keeps on saying this game is not cross platform but we are both on Xbox and we have tried to change our settings and we have...
  8. Why does it say I need to add friends to be able to invite, when I have 100 friends online?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does it say I need to add friends to be able to invite, when I have 100 friends online?: I'm trying to invite anyone from my friendliest to a 1v1 friendly and I see this message that "add friends to be able to play against them...." while I already have friends and it even shows that...
  9. Why does my game crash when I'm playing with this one friend

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my game crash when I'm playing with this one friend: Basically I'm sharing game pass with 2 people and we enjoy playing game on it but recently whenever i play with the owner of it our games always crash we load game up play a couple rounds then...
  10. Why does my friend's profile offline and they suddenly have no friends?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my friend's profile offline and they suddenly have no friends?: A friend of mine has all of a sudden lost all of her friends and doesnt appear online anymore. This happened shortly after i told her to restart her device. She hasnt been able to message me...