Why does my controller turn off when I use my keyboard and mouse

Discus and support Why does my controller turn off when I use my keyboard and mouse in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So when I use my Xbox on keyboard and mouse, my controller often keeps turning off and it been really getting on my nerves, I’ve tried taking out my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by InstantGamer, Jan 23, 2023.

1. InstantGamer
    InstantGamer Guest

So when I use my Xbox on keyboard and mouse, my controller often keeps turning off and it been really getting on my nerves, I’ve tried taking out my batteries and putting new ones, didn’t work and I tried taking out the batteries and connecting my controller to my Xbox with a usb c wire, still turned off, and I also kept it closer to the Xbox but still turns off, could someone pls either make it a fix or make an option. This would be really help me and probably everyone else. Thank you

:)

InstantGamer, Jan 23, 2023
  2. LegoNinja187 Win User

Keyboard not working on Xbox

Are you using the keyboard to turn on the console, or a regular controller?

My suggestion is to try using a regular Xbox One Controller (any should do, standard, Elite Series 1 or 2) to turn on the console, launch the game, then turn off the controller, and connect the keyboard and mouse after the controller has been turned off,
    you should then be prompted to select an account to use the keyboard and mouse with for the game.
  3. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello InstantGamer, unfortunately the Xbox controller has timed shutdown and there is no way to prevent it from turning off through some kind of setting.
  4. T1C3 SODMG Win User

Is there still no way to prevent xbox one controller from automatically shutting off?

The xbox has 3 usbs. 1 is used by the hard drive, 2 is used by the mouse. 3 is used by my keyboard. The keyboard has 2 usb porta one for the usb passthrough and one so it works. I got bot of them plugged in but one of them is in a charging brick
    next to my xbox. It still turns off.
    Take the mouse out of #2 and place the controller there, take the mouse and place in the keyboard. My controller never turns off when plugged directly to the xbox. No matter what one of the devices in your xbox must go for the controller. Make everything
    else work through your pass through with the keyboard.

Problem solved.
  5. coelrus Win User

Do PC purchases with game pass app count toward punch card?

Unfortunately that doesn't answer my question. When buying a console version of a game does that mean that you have to use a controller to play it or can you use a mouse and keyboard instead? I don't think of console games as being designed to use a mouse and keyboard.
  6. LimpinBizkit Win User

How to turn off controller sleep

Switched out the USB cable and it still is turning off and going into sleep mode when I am just using the controller to run my headphones through and using keyboard and mouse. Going to suggest the feature to Microsoft Xbox and see what comes of it.
Thema:

1. Why does my controller turn off when I use my keyboard and mouse - Similar Threads - Why does controller

2. Why does my wireless Xbox controller disconnect and reconnect repeatedly on my Chromebook?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my wireless Xbox controller disconnect and reconnect repeatedly on my Chromebook?: So, I recently got a new wireless Xbox controller so I can play Xbox Cloud Gaming when I am not at home. My controller works for all of my compatible devices except my Acer Chromebook (which is...
  3. Why does my Xbox controller keep disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox controller keep disconnecting: Why do my Xbox controllers keep disconnecting on my Xbox one but they work fine on my other Xbox’s? I have disconnected and reconnected the controller and changed the batteries, but the controller...
  4. Why does my elite 2 controller only work when i plug it in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite 2 controller only work when i plug it in.: I have an Elite 2 controller but the xbox button turns on and off. It'll be on for up to 5 seconds but none of the buttons work and it flashes really fast as if it connected but automatically...
  5. Why does my controller keep de-syncing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller keep de-syncing: When I'm playing a game it randomly de-syncs for just a few seconds then starts working again normally. It's a brand new controller from the xbox store and sometimes it will go for hours with no...
  6. Why does the right bumper fail on so many Elite 2 controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the right bumper fail on so many Elite 2 controllers?: Since customer support was unable to help me I figure I would try here before deciding whether or not to buy anymore Xbox hardware. I've had 2 Xbox elite 2 controllers stop working. Both had the...
  7. why does my xbox series x controller keep disconnected

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series x controller keep disconnected: my xbox series x controller keeps disconnecting i changed the batteries i couldnt resync the controller until i turned off the power supply but took about 2 minutes and the controller again...
  8. Why does my Xbox series x/s wireless controller disconnect when my Xbox one disconnects...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox series x/s wireless controller disconnect when my Xbox one disconnects...: When I came back home as I brought my Xbox to my friends house, it always disconnects from the WiFi and I don't know why. When it disconnected, my controller also disconnected....
  9. Why does my Xbox Controller not show up in Device Manager?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox Controller not show up in Device Manager?: I had an Xbox Controller that was working on Tuesday. Yesterday, it stopped working. Yesterday, in Device Manager, it said "Device Descriptor Request Failed", and I followed several guides online...
  10. Why does my elite controller series two disconnect when wire isn’t plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite controller series two disconnect when wire isn’t plugged in: My elite series two controller keeps on disconnecting when the wire isn’t connected, I’ll be using it then suddenly I can’t move in my game or scroll on YouTube I look down and see the light...