Why does my controller suddenly only work if it has batteries and plugged in and it’s...

Discus and support Why does my controller suddenly only work if it has batteries and plugged in and it’s... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; It only works if I have it plugged in and with batteries and I don’t know what to do plz help ed42250c-a92a-4149-b24a-8a59de1b529e Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by dolphin tale, Sep 5, 2022.

1. dolphin tale
    dolphin tale Guest

Why does my controller suddenly only work if it has batteries and plugged in and it’s...

:)

dolphin tale, Sep 5, 2022
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Why does my controller suddenly only work if it has batteries and plugged in and it’s really hot

If any electrical device even a controller is getting extremely hot you need to unplug it and remove the batteries immediately as there is likely a short circuit inside they can start a fire. You need to throw the controller away and replace it
  3. antonisawesome97 Win User

Controller battery level becomes critical every time I plug in the USB cable and connect it with the console?

I don't think you understand what the problem is. Batteries aren't the issue. My controller works fine with my batteries. The issue is, as soon as I plug a USB cable and connect it with the console, the battery level suddenly changes to critical. That's
    why I'm not able to update my controller WITH the controller plugged into the console. I have no battery issues whatsoever in normal gameplay.
  4. Wick3d Pleasure Win User

My adapter for my headset is not working

Yes. I tried my headset in my phone. Sound is clear and my mic works. But when plugged into controller its like my controller does not recognize it's plugged in. My controller has fresh batteries and is up to date. It worked fine Wednesday. But when i played
    Thursday it didn't work at all.
  5. TWR Dodge Win User

new xbox slim controller wont charge.

the battery pack fits as in clips in but it seems as if the controller does not recognise it as a battery pack (i mean the controller what came with the slim). the battery pack works fine as i have tried it on a older controller (a controller from my previous
    console but one i brought like 2 months ago). the battery does not power the controller nore does it get charged by the controller when the cable is plugged in. the charge cable fits in fine and powers the controller when it is plugged in. there is nothing
    wrong with the battery or cable it is the new controller what has been made not to fit the old battery pack so Microsoft make more money as you have to buy a new charge kit. its a robbery unless its my new controller what is not working properly then i will
    more then happily send it away to get repaired with no expense from me as it has never worked from the start and do not believe i should pay for something to be fixed what was broke when it was shipped in that condition.
  6. Nursemorph Win User

Xbox Series X controller freezes on PC

I think it's an issue with the new controllers for some reason. My Series X controller will freeze once a week or so (always when I'm in the middle of a race unsurprisingly!!)....I'll be driving and my car will suddenly just veer off the road and then be constantly accelerating. Only resets when I remove the battery from it. This is on the Series X so may not be the same of course.

Having said that, it has only happened with the Plug and Play Battery...never happened with normal rechargeables.
Thema:

1. Why does my controller suddenly only work if it has batteries and plugged in and it’s... - Similar Threads - Why does controller

2. Why does my wireless Xbox controller disconnect and reconnect repeatedly on my Chromebook?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my wireless Xbox controller disconnect and reconnect repeatedly on my Chromebook?: So, I recently got a new wireless Xbox controller so I can play Xbox Cloud Gaming when I am not at home. My controller works for all of my compatible devices except my Acer Chromebook (which is...
  3. Why does my Xbox controller keep disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox controller keep disconnecting: Why do my Xbox controllers keep disconnecting on my Xbox one but they work fine on my other Xbox’s? I have disconnected and reconnected the controller and changed the batteries, but the controller...
  4. Why does my elite 2 controller only work when i plug it in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite 2 controller only work when i plug it in.: I have an Elite 2 controller but the xbox button turns on and off. It'll be on for up to 5 seconds but none of the buttons work and it flashes really fast as if it connected but automatically...
  5. Why does my controller keep de-syncing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller keep de-syncing: When I'm playing a game it randomly de-syncs for just a few seconds then starts working again normally. It's a brand new controller from the xbox store and sometimes it will go for hours with no...
  6. Why does the right bumper fail on so many Elite 2 controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the right bumper fail on so many Elite 2 controllers?: Since customer support was unable to help me I figure I would try here before deciding whether or not to buy anymore Xbox hardware. I've had 2 Xbox elite 2 controllers stop working. Both had the...
  7. why does my xbox series x controller keep disconnected

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series x controller keep disconnected: my xbox series x controller keeps disconnecting i changed the batteries i couldnt resync the controller until i turned off the power supply but took about 2 minutes and the controller again...
  8. Why does my Xbox series x/s wireless controller disconnect when my Xbox one disconnects...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox series x/s wireless controller disconnect when my Xbox one disconnects...: When I came back home as I brought my Xbox to my friends house, it always disconnects from the WiFi and I don't know why. When it disconnected, my controller also disconnected....
  9. Why does my Xbox Controller not show up in Device Manager?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox Controller not show up in Device Manager?: I had an Xbox Controller that was working on Tuesday. Yesterday, it stopped working. Yesterday, in Device Manager, it said "Device Descriptor Request Failed", and I followed several guides online...
  10. Why does my elite controller series two disconnect when wire isn’t plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite controller series two disconnect when wire isn’t plugged in: My elite series two controller keeps on disconnecting when the wire isn’t connected, I’ll be using it then suddenly I can’t move in my game or scroll on YouTube I look down and see the light...