Why does my controller disconnect when I connect my wireless turtle beach headset to my...

Discus and support Why does my controller disconnect when I connect my wireless turtle beach headset to my... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I connect my wireless headset it assigns to my controller/profile. While I’m playing certain games (nba 2k24) it will disconnect my controller as... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JD 870, Jan 15, 2024.

1. JD 870
    JD 870 Guest

Why does my controller disconnect when I connect my wireless turtle beach headset to my...

When I connect my wireless headset it assigns to my controller/profile. While I’m playing certain games (nba 2k24) it will disconnect my controller as if it’s not on but the controller will still be on and I will have to turn my controller off and disconnect my headset, then turn my controller and headset back on for it to work again. It does this sometimes in the middle of an online game.

:)

JD 870, Jan 15, 2024
  2. GMAN990 Win User

Turtle Beach disconnects me from live

3. smileskybird Win User

How do I hook up my turtle beach headset without having to go thru the controller?

Get Kinect.

I have Turtle beach X42. I connect it to my console via optical port. The only thing not wireless about it is the chat cable that needs to be plugged in. But it does produce good Dolby 5.1 surround sound. I know turtle beach does some headsets which are
    completely wireless involving a Bluetooth dongle.
  4. GMAN990 Win User

Router

5. tejo chase Win User

Wired versus Wireless Controllers/Headsets

I use the elite controller so wireless (mostly) when I get the low battery notification I have a wire that's permanently attached to my Xbox close to hand so I can go wired before the batteries die. I also currently have a turtle beach wired headset that's
    connected to my controller, but I'm about to purchase the arctis 9x wireless headset.
  6. CHRIS+ Win User

Wireless Controller & Bluetooth Headset Disconnects Frequently From Xbox One X

I'm having the same issue. I have a wireless Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Headset + Xbox One X. Both my headset and controller will sporadically disconnect. Often at the same time. I have to restart both.

Putting my console in power saving mode and having batteries charged helps reduce frequency but it still occurs. I have my firmware updated on the controller and headset, but the headset firmware hasn't been updated in a couple years. I have checked for
    firmware updates but Turtle beach hasn't released any newer builds.

I also seem to get this issue moreso when I'm using the Stealth 600. It definitely seems like the two wireless devices are having some sort of interference.
Thema:

1. Why does my controller disconnect when I connect my wireless turtle beach headset to my... - Similar Threads - Why does controller

2. Why does my Xbox Controller not show up in Device Manager?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox Controller not show up in Device Manager?: I had an Xbox Controller that was working on Tuesday. Yesterday, it stopped working. Yesterday, in Device Manager, it said "Device Descriptor Request Failed", and I followed several guides online...
  3. Why does my elite controller series two disconnect when wire isn’t plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite controller series two disconnect when wire isn’t plugged in: My elite series two controller keeps on disconnecting when the wire isn’t connected, I’ll be using it then suddenly I can’t move in my game or scroll on YouTube I look down and see the light...
  4. Why does my Xbox controller randomly start blinking?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox controller randomly start blinking?: My Xbox controller won’t connect to my Xbox. Batteries were replaced and did try to reconnect after. The controller will connect if plugged in first. If I disconnect it it will stay connected...
  5. Why does the cloud gaming website no longer recognize my controller as connected?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the cloud gaming website no longer recognize my controller as connected?: Attempting to play Xbox cloud gaming on chrome, due to it crashing every time I attempt it on the xbox app. It no longer recognizes that my controller is connected and won’t allow me to use it...
  6. Why does my controller not select apps or options but in games the controller works...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller not select apps or options but in games the controller works...: Why does my controller not select apps or options even though I see it responding but in games the controller works perfectly fine? It also keeps sticking to the top of the screen even though I...
  7. Does anyone know why media playback controls (through mobile and voice command) don't work...

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know why media playback controls (through mobile and voice command) don't work...: Media controls (both through google assistant and mobile app) will not work with paramount plus on Xbox. Does anyone know why? c3624f1e-a08a-45c2-be39-1fda9e8618ba
  8. Why Does My Controller Flash Every Time I Turn It On?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why Does My Controller Flash Every Time I Turn It On?: Every time I restart my computer and get on it and turn on my controller (which is a elite series 2 and its plugged in) it just flashes, I also know that the usb works because I have used the same...
  9. Why does the left analog stick always break in these controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the left analog stick always break in these controllers?: These controllers only seem to last about a month before having to turn up the dead zone to stop them moving. Can’t even control the menus any more. The 360 controllers never did this. Sort it...
  10. Why does my brand new Xbox controller keep disconnecting ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my brand new Xbox controller keep disconnecting ?: I have an Xbox One S. And a brand new controller and headset - not even 6 hours old yet. While I’m playing the game , I have static in my headset and others have trouble hearing me because of...