Why does my console freeze and cause me so much frustration

Discus and support Why does my console freeze and cause me so much frustration in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox series s keeps freezing when I'm playing NHL 23. The screen either goes wild and It sends me back to home. Or more times than not the screen... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Anthony Pietosi, Mar 15, 2023.

1. Why does my console freeze and cause me so much frustration

My Xbox series s keeps freezing when I'm playing NHL 23. The screen either goes wild and It sends me back to home. Or more times than not the screen just goes crazy ( almost like plaid looking ) then it's on but won't turn off. Have to turn it off manually. I have tried a hard reset. I have tried reinstalling the game, when this happens the device is incredibly hot. And I have mad sure it's well ventilated around it . This is my second series s. The first one was great but my HDMI port broke a few weeks after my warranty ran out. So I got this one from a website and have had issues with it since I've got it. I knew I should've just gotten the x this time ... Ugh.. I barely get to play since I just had a child and he's almost 2 but the few times I do get to play I end up having issues . Which is incredibly frustrating considering how much time is wasted in the lobbies of NHL games like they should just be called Lobby23

Images of screen :

:)

Anthony Pietosi, Mar 15, 2023
  2. Anthony Pietosi Win User

Tried that it didn't work. I even factory reset not saving my info and it still does it. I have found that if my Xbox is horizontal it doesn't happen as much as if it's vertical. I think my Xbox is just defective
  3. Anthony Pietosi Win User

Nope not using an external drive
  4. Anthony Pietosi Win User

So I tried to reboot and it isn't working. The Xbox light is just flashing and the screen is still displaying the same thing
  5. Anthony Pietosi Win User

[​IMG]
    as you can see same issue . All of my save data is stored online since NHL is only online . So reset and delete game data I imagine ?
  6. Dericka Win User

Oh, I understand. Can you please try to turn it off then unplug it for 10 seconds? Then plug it back and turn it on then check if there's any changes. Thanks!
Thema:

1. Why does my console freeze and cause me so much frustration - Similar Threads - Why does console

2. Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?: Hello, I bought the series X last week and I have had constant issues with Xbox not connecting to the WiFi, after it was set up, when I start the system. Absolutely nothing changes. The system...
  3. Why does my brand new Series X console keep giving me the “Keep the console cool message”?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my brand new Series X console keep giving me the “Keep the console cool message”?: I was gifted an Xbox Series X for the holidays and it’s only been a week and I barely have time to play on it but when I do, I get the “Keep the console cool” message whenever I’m playing a game....
  4. Why does my Xbox keep booting me out of multiplayer games and console resets itself...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox keep booting me out of multiplayer games and console resets itself...: I posted another thread on this which went unsolved. I have a new Xbox series x purchase 9 of 23. Whenever I play any multiplayer games online like call of duty, fortnite, battlefield 2043,...
  5. Why does MW3 (2023) overheat my console? No other game has done it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does MW3 (2023) overheat my console? No other game has done it.: My mw3 (2023) has been crashing constantly. It isn’t sitting in a tv stand or anything. It is in an open space. I have hard reset the console, moved where it is plugged in at, and have factory...
  6. Why does my console only show the quick tips Icon

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my console only show the quick tips Icon: it happen last week when i went to turn on my console (XBOX ONE) my console only showed a black screen but i was able to bring up the side menu. I turned off my console and left it for a couple of...
  7. Why does my xbox turn off when it starts the third update bar for the console, it just...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox turn off when it starts the third update bar for the console, it just...: Why does my xbox turn off when it starts the third update bar for the console, it just turns off and thats it then i have to restart the update every time 1c8704b4-da52-4e52-a310-f815f117ae43
  8. Why does my console keep saying “the person who bought this needs to sign in” even though...

in XboX Insiders
    Why does my console keep saying “the person who bought this needs to sign in” even though...: I’m at college trying to set up my Xbox in the dorm and it said my internet connection was fine, and I’m signed in, but when I try to start any game it just says that the person who bought it...
  9. Why does my xbox one console keep flickering and making some sort of knocking noise?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my xbox one console keep flickering and making some sort of knocking noise?: my xbox one keeps making this somewhat knocking noise coming from the console and whenever this knocking noise occurs the xbox turn on button will start flashing constantly this has somewhat...
  10. Why does my console shut off to a snow screen or go to dashboard on wz fortnight any game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my console shut off to a snow screen or go to dashboard on wz fortnight any game...: Series s shuts down in cod wz either freezes on a snowy screen or sends me back to dash board 4ef8c9a0-d579-437a-a556-e4f873a2669d