why does my brand new Xbox series s randomly go black. When on the home screen or in games...

Discus and support why does my brand new Xbox series s randomly go black. When on the home screen or in games... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just got a new Xbox series s today and randomly it will just go blank, I can still hear, and when I press buttons it does stuff, but it is completely... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Vinny Caruso, Nov 19, 2022.

1. Vinny Caruso
    Vinny Caruso Guest

why does my brand new Xbox series s randomly go black. When on the home screen or in games...

I just got a new Xbox series s today and randomly it will just go blank, I can still hear, and when I press buttons it does stuff, but it is completely blank for about 2 seconds then comes back on.

:)

Vinny Caruso, Nov 19, 2022
  2. Shaggy2000 Win User

Xbox Series X/S games "not playable on this device" on brand new Xbox One X

I just bought a brand new Xbox One X, but when I go to the store, Flight Simulator and other Xbox Series X/S games say they are "not playable on this device" and I can't get Flight Simulator to install on my brand new Xbox One X because it says it's "not compatible". Very frustrating.
    So you bought an Xbox One X and expected to be able to play an Xbox Series X game on it?

Why would a game made for an Xbox Series X work on an Xbox One X?

If you want to play Xbox Series X/S games I would take your brand new Xbox One X back to the store you bought it and see if they will take it back and you could try and buy an Xbox Series S (Series X consoles are very hard to find, but a Series S can be found fairly easilly)
  3. ArminatorX Win User

Games won't work Xbox is glitching, now screen won't even turn on!!!

My BRAND NEW XBOX keeps crashing.
    How exactly is it "crashing"?

Do you get an error message? Or is the screen black when you start the console? Are you able to start a game which then crashes to the Home Screen? Or does the game crash the console so it's restarting?

Please describe your issue in a bit more details. Only then we can try to help you.
  4. Dérek Augusto Win User

why does my brand new Xbox series s randomly go black. When on the home screen or in games I can still hear parties or games but it goes completely blank

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

Vinny, this happens when the console can't fit the TV image.

It happens a lot with TVs that have game mode enabled. If yours has it, disable and test the console.

In the console, also configure it this way

Press the Xbox button to open the panel.

Select System > Settings > General > TV and video options.

Select Video Loyalty and overscan.

Under Screen, select HDMI.

I remain at your disposal if you have any further questions.
  5. ArdenHornung Win User

forza horizon 4 not starting on series s

Hello, I have the series s too, and forza horizon 4 stopped working. Whenever I pressed a on it, it would go to the black screen (the copyright stuff), then go back to the home screen. I tried restarting my xbox, reinstalling forza, reseting the console, and nothing. Idk what to do, please help me!
  6. Andrew Stringer1 Win User

"An Xbox 360 hard drive is required to use this item"

I have a Series S with two years of GamePass Ultimate. Downloaded BLACK, I see the “360 hard drive needed” message, when I attempt to launch the game it just goes right back to Home Screen.
Thema:

1. why does my brand new Xbox series s randomly go black. When on the home screen or in games... - Similar Threads - why does brand

2. Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?: I am trying to play some black ops three zombies with my friends but I cannot join them because bo3 says my nat type is strict. But when I go to my Xbox's network settings it says open and all...
  3. Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.: I'm not able to talk to my friends in a party chat while I'm on computer It pops up a message that states this "Background apps permissions for Xbox are turned off. Other may not be able to hear...
  4. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  5. Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?: I have a pair of speakers plugged into my Xbox One S using the optical port and sound only comes out one side. I’ve already verified that both speakers do work. I’ve tried changing a few settings...
  6. Why does my Xbox 3.5mm Xbox-brand headset stop working after a few days

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox 3.5mm Xbox-brand headset stop working after a few days: For some reason my Xbox mic sound will be hearable but only for myself. This happens when my mic/controller is idle for a while (I guess) but it makes no sense. No it’s not a setting, it’s not...
  7. Why does my brand new Xbox controller keep disconnecting ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my brand new Xbox controller keep disconnecting ?: I have an Xbox One S. And a brand new controller and headset - not even 6 hours old yet. While I’m playing the game , I have static in my headset and others have trouble hearing me because of...
  8. Why does my brand new Series X console keep giving me the “Keep the console cool message”?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my brand new Series X console keep giving me the “Keep the console cool message”?: I was gifted an Xbox Series X for the holidays and it’s only been a week and I barely have time to play on it but when I do, I get the “Keep the console cool” message whenever I’m playing a game....
  9. Why does warzone keep crashing? My xbox is brand new

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does warzone keep crashing? My xbox is brand new: Warzone keeps crashing. Why? 0896c32d-8d24-41ab-a3a4-b1f1077d6cff
  10. why does my brand new series x not download games at appropriate speeds?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my brand new series x not download games at appropriate speeds?: Xbox Series X says I have 300mbps plus download and 15 mbps upload yet downloads games at 7mbps or sometimes stops all together. This is without being in a game. What would cause this? It’s hard...