Why does my brand new Xbox controller keep disconnecting ?

Discus and support Why does my brand new Xbox controller keep disconnecting ? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an Xbox One S. And a brand new controller and headset - not even 6 hours old yet. While I’m playing the game , I have static in my headset and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by giovanni vorish, Jan 12, 2024.

1. Why does my brand new Xbox controller keep disconnecting ?

I have an Xbox One S. And a brand new controller and headset - not even 6 hours old yet.

While I’m playing the game , I have static in my headset and others have trouble hearing me because of the connectivity issue. Also, my controller keeps disconnecting and reconnecting. Sometimes I’ll have to power it back on if it doesn’t by itself.

This was an issue I had before with my old controller and headset and I just got new ones.

I’ve done the unplugging of the cords, power cycles, hard resets, battery charging/new batteries and pairing the controller to Xbox again.

Does anyone have an actual answer to why this is happening ? Please do not give me any bs answers telling me to do what I’ve done and “hope that helps.” It didn’t.

Please for the love of all things holy, does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix both the static issue with the headset and connectivity issue with the controller ? It’s driving me nuts and I’d really prefer not to go to Sony or PC.

:)

giovanni vorish, Jan 12, 2024
  2. Hoskayra Win User

Hello Giovanni V, my name is Oskayra, and I will be happy to help you.

Beforehand, it is important that you keep in mind that this is a public community forum, so we are players like you, we are not employees of Microsoft or Xbox, so we do not have access to any user account or check anything from the forum. All users help each other with common problems.

I am very sorry for the problem you are going through, with the intention of helping you I was investigating and I found in Xbox Support, a series of steps that they recommend when you have problems connecting the controller:

1. Check battery level: Replace controller batteries with new ones, or make sure rechargeable controllers can be recharged. (Do this if your controller still has power; low batteries can cause issues and functionality.)

2. Turn your console completely off and turn it back on by pressing and holding the Xbox  button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. Once the console turns off, unplug the power cable from the console for 30 seconds, and then plug the console back in. You must press the Xbox  button to start the console.

3. If your controller still won't connect to your console after completely turning off your console and turning it back on, try connecting your controller directly to your console using a USB-C cable (or USB to micro-USB cable for Xbox One controllers ).

If the control works correctly with a wired connection, continue to the next step.

4. If the controller does not work when connected with a USB cable, please carefully check that the problem is not related to the cable or port. Try a different cable or port or connect to another device. If you have verified that the cable and port work, and the controller does not work when plugged in, you should replace the controller.

5. Update the control firmware. You can do this on your console by pressing the Xbox  button to open the guide, then selecting Profile & system > Settings > Devices & connections > Controllers & headsets. Select "... on the controller you are trying to troubleshoot to check the firmware status.

Information Source (Credits): https://support.xbox.com/help/hardw...ion#:~:text=Si tu control sigue sin,para los% 20controls%20Xbox%20One

Thank you for your patience, I hope everything can be resolved. I will be attentive to your response. Blessings.

Sincerely,
    Oskayra.
  3. MembreCoq5 Win User

[Solved] Xbox controllers disconnecting

Thanks, CristofKaiser, indeed with a brand new controller it keeps disconnecting, so it's not the controller. [Update:] now the controllers work on my PC, but still no news on the Xbox One.

I'll keep you posted if I find a solution.

Anyone else ?
  4. iKonic Gamer Win User

After the September update, controller is disconnecting all the time!

ive had my console about 3 weeks from brand new, i'm about 1 metre away from my console yet my controller will disconnect and and the LED light will repeatedly flash over and over until the controller connects again. While it is flashing it will kick me
    out of xbox live and disconnect me from any parties or games!!!!! (ive lost multiple fifa games now because of this problem!!).. the batteries are brand new, the console is brand new yet it keeps happening, it happens within 5 minutes of me turning my console
    on
  5. Hammer9297 Win User

xbox one X controller keeps disconnecting!!

My controller keeps disconnecting a lot. Console is brand new, even got another controller and same thing. I have done the in game network diagnostics and it says my internet connection is good. Is my console a lemon ?
  6. NW EXPRESS Win User

Controller keeps disconnecting from Xbox One

My controller keeps disconnecting from my xbox. I have bought new controllers and it still disconnects even with the new controller. I have the Day one xbox. Any help will be nice.
Thema:

1. Why does my brand new Xbox controller keep disconnecting ? - Similar Threads - Why does brand

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  4. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  5. Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?: My avatar hasn't displayed on my profile for months. Xbox changed the way they store items you had in your activity feed as a money grab to get PC users to buy into their Office products,...
  6. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  7. Why does my Xbox 3.5mm Xbox-brand headset stop working after a few days

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox 3.5mm Xbox-brand headset stop working after a few days: For some reason my Xbox mic sound will be hearable but only for myself. This happens when my mic/controller is idle for a while (I guess) but it makes no sense. No it’s not a setting, it’s not...
  8. Why does my brand new Series X console keep giving me the “Keep the console cool message”?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my brand new Series X console keep giving me the “Keep the console cool message”?: I was gifted an Xbox Series X for the holidays and it’s only been a week and I barely have time to play on it but when I do, I get the “Keep the console cool” message whenever I’m playing a game....
  9. Why does warzone keep crashing? My xbox is brand new

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does warzone keep crashing? My xbox is brand new: Warzone keeps crashing. Why? 0896c32d-8d24-41ab-a3a4-b1f1077d6cff
  10. why does my brand new series x not download games at appropriate speeds?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my brand new series x not download games at appropriate speeds?: Xbox Series X says I have 300mbps plus download and 15 mbps upload yet downloads games at 7mbps or sometimes stops all together. This is without being in a game. What would cause this? It’s hard...