Why does my account keep getting locked out?

Discus and support Why does my account keep getting locked out? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Every week I log onto xbox and I'm greeted with the same thing "Your account has been locked due to violation of the terms and services" but I don't... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DullenTT, May 19, 2022.

1. DullenTT
    DullenTT Guest

Every week I log onto xbox and I'm greeted with the same thing "Your account has been locked due to violation of the terms and services" but I don't understand what I have done as I've played for 10+ and onot now has it started to happen...I need help with this as any suggestions would be appreciated!

:)

DullenTT, May 19, 2022
  2. WattyNuela Win User

Why does my account keep getting randomly locked

Hello HappyPenguin, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you, ready to assist with this.
    Not a Microsoft employee.

I’m sorry to hear your account is experiencing some problems. If your account has been locked, please try taking the following tips into account before unlocking it one more time:

“You can use any phone number to request the security code.

The phone number doesn't need to be associated with your account.

The phone doesn't need to be a smartphone, or connected to the internet, it just needs to be able to receive text messages.

You may have to create a new password.”

You can review this information by clicking below:
    https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/a...

Lastly, I would like to clarify that here in the forums, and we as independent advisors, are not capable of telling why your account has been locked.
    However, I can recommend you to review the Microsoft Account Terms of Use: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=530144
  3. mr olr Win User

Why does my Xbox accounts keep getting locked?

That is the reason then. The terms of service forbid the making of multiple accounts as your activity looks like your trying to avoid bans.

The accounts and console are linked so MS can see when you create multiple accounts within a small time window for the same console. Its unusual behaviour so it gets flagged. Likely the console has been flagged and this is why your accounts keep getting
    band.

Gold is also linked to an account not an xbox. There is a very high chance your xbox console has been flagged for some reason, you will likely need to speak with a support person to understand if that is the case.
  4. Chobber27 Win User

Why does my account keep locking

You would have to try, add an alternative email so that later you can make it main and put your data to that new email, otherwise as you say they will continue to block your account.

https://account.microsoft.com/profile/

good night and good luck !
  5. FireKillings Win User

Why does my account keep locking

Also why do the people who lock accounts never look at the submit a request forms theres a lot of people who have submitted like 20,000 forms and we never get a reply
  6. FernandoCarvalhoPV Win User

Why does Microsoft keep locking my account?

Thema:

1. Why does my account keep getting locked out? - Similar Threads - Why does account

2. How to unfreeze account and, why does Microsoft not send me an email?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to unfreeze account and, why does Microsoft not send me an email?: When I try to login to my xbox account it asks for password which I forgot so i click send me a code via email. It never sends me a code. I copy and paste my email to verify it multiple times and...
  3. Why won’t it let me text in chat? It says the my Microsoft account does not allow that or...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won’t it let me text in chat? It says the my Microsoft account does not allow that or...: So I got suspended recently and I finally am able to get back on and I realize I can’t type in chat because it says my Microsoft account doesn’t allow that. I have tried everything please help me....
  4. Why does Microsoft Flight sim keep locking out my microsoft account password?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does Microsoft Flight sim keep locking out my microsoft account password?: If I leave the game inactive overnight, I wake up with an email saying 'We think that someone might have accessed the Microsoft account ****." And now my password needs to be reset. Well, I've...
  5. Why does your team not see the someone else is framing my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does your team not see the someone else is framing my account: So I am here to say why is your team not finding proof the tickets on my Xbox account are false and not true sir Doug * Original title: Why does your team see the someone else is framing my...
  6. Why does my Xbox remove my home Xbox from my account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my Xbox remove my home Xbox from my account?: Okay so I don't know why this keeps happening but why my home Xbox stops sharing after my game pass ends? I was game sharing with my girlfriend and we both have separate Xbox's and every time I...
  7. Why does my account have restrictions?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my account have restrictions?: Hello, For some reason my account has restrictions and I'm not sure why. I'm not in a family I am over 18 I own the account 280cd1b1-7774-4b50-8d29-2337062f8430
  8. Why does it say my microsoft account doesnt exist but it still exist because my minecraft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does it say my microsoft account doesnt exist but it still exist because my minecraft...: Please, i really need help with this problem, im freaked out f9f73ff6-5331-413f-a7f6-ca29855b8389
  9. Why does Microsoft make it impossible to change ownership of an Xbox account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does Microsoft make it impossible to change ownership of an Xbox account?: My kids were too young to have their own accounts on the Xbox, now they are teenagers and have spent alot of money and earned a bunch of achievements, but Microsoft says I can't transfer the...
  10. Why does my Microsoft account not work on my Ps5 from switching from ps4?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Microsoft account not work on my Ps5 from switching from ps4?: I have the ps4 version of Minecraft on my Ps5 from my old console/my ps account. I would expect my Microsoft account to transfer over my ps since it has done this for a previously owned Xbox and...