Why does MS store app keep updating?

Discus and support Why does MS store app keep updating? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; It's getting kind of ridiculous: Just yesterday I updated the store app. Then it asked for an update again today. Two days ago I updated it - and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Speedster996, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Speedster996
    Speedster996 Guest

It's getting kind of ridiculous:

Just yesterday I updated the store app. Then it asked for an update again today.

Two days ago I updated it - and two-three days before that it asked for an update as well!

What is going on with the store app? Is it like this for everyone?

:)

Speedster996, Sep 5, 2020
  2. DadBart Win User

XBox One S supports 4k, but Netflix/Amazon doesn't recognize, Plex/MediaPlayer just a green screen with audio

So basically the statement on MS Store that you can stream Netflix and Amazon in 4k is false when it comes to Amazon?

The Netflix 4k works fine on mine and so does 4k HDR disc playback. Amazon has not updated the app in years and it certainly does not list any 4k categories for purchase or play. My Roku 4 does. A little peeved at Vudu too. They haven't updated their app
    for Xbox One or S in years.

Can't get an answer out of Amazon as to why they are listed as supported for 4k, but they have not updated their app.
  3. haplo75 Win User

Stopping a game update via windows update has uninstalled the game

What am absolute pile of junk. More fool me for being stupid enough to go back to using the xbox app and Windows store.

What really irks is that the xbox app does allow you to pause a download, it's the ms store and its updates that doesn't.
  4. gskrr Win User

MSFS2020 won't start - says I have a mandatory update to install from the Microsoft Store - But MS Store says all updates have been completed.

It worked for me! Very frustrating that we need to do these cryptic steps to get the updates appear on the Store.

Why can't MS fix these auto update issues? Clearly something is broken with the update process. The App can tell there is an update, while the Store cannot find it. Very infuriating!

Microsoft - Please fix this with your next update!
  5. William Bohannan Win User

XBMC on Xbox One?

+1 Plex or XBMC app in the store ... would no longer need a separate box using the HDMI input. MS you are going well with the new Windows 8 and Office 365 why not keep the momentum going ...
  6. Elko992 Win User

When will 0x00000193 error code in the xbox store be fixed? Addressed?

there are some solutions for this

- Hard Reset

- Check Updates for the MS Store or Ms Store Host under apps

- Try a Wired Internet Connection
Thema:

1. Why does MS store app keep updating? - Similar Threads - Why does store

2. Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.: I'm not able to talk to my friends in a party chat while I'm on computer It pops up a message that states this "Background apps permissions for Xbox are turned off. Other may not be able to hear...
  3. Why does Xbox store no longer have options for Xbox Game Pass (Core, Gold, Live) and Xbox...

in XboX Insiders
    Why does Xbox store no longer have options for Xbox Game Pass (Core, Gold, Live) and Xbox...: Alpha Skip-ahead member Xbox Insider: Why does Xbox store no longer have 6 months, 3 months, 1 and 2 yearly membership options for Xbox Game Pass (Core, Gold, Live) and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate?...
  4. If I bought Minecraft for windows Deluxe edition in 2021 through microsoft store Why does...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I bought Minecraft for windows Deluxe edition in 2021 through microsoft store Why does...: I BOUGHT MINECRAFT FOR WINDOWS DELUXE EDITION Through microsoft store AND it gives only trial edition When i spent around 186 SAR on it. IT STILL SHOWS BUY NOW 7aff2740-c2d7-4ead-8d52-99b12bf09638
  5. Does anyone know why in Microsoft store when updating it gives error code 0x800706C6

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know why in Microsoft store when updating it gives error code 0x800706C6: When I was about to update my games at Microsoft store when it gives a error message something went wrong it gives code: 0x800706C6. I was doing on LG Gram laptop. Model:14ZB90Q. Is there way to...
  6. why does my roblox from microsoft store thinking im playing in mobile but im using my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why does my roblox from microsoft store thinking im playing in mobile but im using my...: i downloaded roblox from microsoft store but then all of a sudden it thinks im playing on mobile but im playing on computer that is windows 10 how do i fix it b04e1dc1-6b82-48ac-b24d-21f1ff20e07b
  7. Does anyone know why my Roblox that I downloaded from the Microsoft Store has the buttons...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know why my Roblox that I downloaded from the Microsoft Store has the buttons...: This makes it difficult for me to play because many buttons are not configured correctly for their respective keys. I investigated, and I did not find any information on the problem, also, I...
  8. Why does the game I purchased in store NBA 2k 23 x/s doesn't work on Xbox one s ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does the game I purchased in store NBA 2k 23 x/s doesn't work on Xbox one s ?: Yesterday I bought NBA 2k 23 on my console Xbox one s and in the game it was marked that it is for x/s and it doesn't work please if any member of the team can help contact me cause I feel bad for...
  9. Why does prices in egypt seem different from steam or epic store?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does prices in egypt seem different from steam or epic store?: Why does prices in egypt seem different from steam or epic store, is it because no one buys and they prefer cracked versions ,or price is higher than they can afford for a game (I think offers can...
  10. Why does FIFA 17 and 18 in the store say not available to purchase I

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does FIFA 17 and 18 in the store say not available to purchase I: I have a very frustrated son who wants to play ‘the journey’ which is only available on FIFA 17, but why can’t we buy it? ed86e18c-943e-4b59-a6e2-47205f93f66e