Why does minecraft say i have to rebuy the game when i had already purchased it?

Discus and support Why does minecraft say i have to rebuy the game when i had already purchased it? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, today i was on my computer working on one of my servers, when i shut it down to go play some football with my friends, a few hours later, i came... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ehssan Younes, Dec 28, 2022.

1. Why does minecraft say i have to rebuy the game when i had already purchased it?

Hello, today i was on my computer working on one of my servers, when i shut it down to go play some football with my friends, a few hours later, i came back into the house, and reopened my pc and my Minecraft launcher, then out of no where, my Microsoft account said "Create new password" i was confused at first, and i thought it was some sort of verification process, but once i had done that, my entire account just froze, i couldn't use it on Microsoft store, and kept saying "Check your connection" so i tried it with my other account, and it worked perfectly, so it couldn't of been my connection, i tried contacting the Microsoft support but failed, tried looking online and also failed, then i checked minecraft.net to see if i can play the game, and it asked me for a new Gamertag!
    I put a new one as my other was already taken somehow, even Tho its connected to the same account, and then THE GAME asked me to rebuy it?!?!??! Thats when i realized my Minecraft account was deleted. The weird thing is, my microsoft works when i reconnect to my windows, and it works when i connect to minecraft, but gives me the option to play demo or to buy the game,

Can anyone help me please? My Minecraft account is very important to me and ive had it for 2 - 3 years now...

:)

Ehssan Younes, Dec 28, 2022
  2. Geri M. Win User

Why does minecraft say i have to rebuy the game when i had already purchased it?

Hi Ehssan Younes,

We haven't heard from you for 72 hours, so we assume the issue has already been resolved. We will not monitor this thread going forward, so if you need further assistance, click this link to create a new thread to discuss these issues. Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Geri M. Win User

Hi Ehssan Younes,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand the inconvenience caused. As per description, you are having an issue with your Minecraft account as you are being asks to buy it when you login. Let us check on this together and sort this out to assist your concern.

However, we’d like to know more about it in details so that we can provide a more accurate resolution for you. To start, please provide us information/answer on the following questions:

1. Have you updated recently the launcher, Microsoft Store, apps?
    2. Recent activity or changes made before the issue appeared?
    3. What troubleshooting steps have you done?
    4. What is the current version and edition of Windows Installed? (Search for WINVER in Windows search to see this)
    5. Xbox app and Gaming services version? Xbox app > select Profile picture > Settings > About.
    So far, from the details you provided, you can try the following steps and let us know the result. You can just skip those you have done already.

• Open the launcher, go to settings>accounts>click the 3 dots,
    • Remove all accounts connected to the launcher.
    • You will return to the log-in screen,
    • Log in with the Microsoft account you used to migrate your account and see if that resolves the issue.
    We will be doing some research as if this is a known issue. Mojang is working to fix this bug in the new launcher. They also recommend installing the launcher on your primary hard drive.

As we have done quick research, we found an article that might give you more information and tips on how to resolve Minecraft issues.

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. ShadowFox8530 Win User

Game Bar Library, game becomes unowned over pc?

the win10 and the xbox one version of minecraft are two different games, if you want to use it on pc you'll have to rebuy it.
    Hmm, well it says i already own it though? how do i rebuy something i own?
  5. Rostom L Win User

It says I have to rebuy minecraft after I already own it?

Hi Khrizzle!

When and where exactly did you buy your copy of Minecraft Bedrock Edition?

If you used your Microsoft account to purchase it, please verify the ownership of the game from your account by checking your order history here https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders. It should show the game order as completed.

Be sure to sign in the same account on your Xbox app and Microsoft Store. You may sign out and sign in again to be sure.

If that didn't work, try to repair and reset your game, Xbox app, and Microsoft Store.
    Repair/Reset apps - https://support.microsoft.com/windows/repair-ap...

Don't forget to check for Windows updates and get all available updates from the Microsoft Store:
    Check for Windows updates - https://support.microsoft.com/windows/update-wi...
    Get updates from Microsoft Store - https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/g...
  6. Lady Nataleigh Win User

Rebuying a game I already have

Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the game?
Thema:

1. Why does minecraft say i have to rebuy the game when i had already purchased it? - Similar Threads - Why does minecraft

2. why does my minecraft keep failing to load

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my minecraft keep failing to load: Basically when i try to play minecraft by opening the launcher and pressing play it says: Unable to start Java. Error details: No applicable app licenses found. Filename on disk: javaw.exe Path:...
  3. why does the minecraft launcher keep displaying this error message ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    why does the minecraft launcher keep displaying this error message ?: hello ! i bought minecraft two days ago and have been greeted with the error code "(-2015294512)" every time i have tried to launch the game. i've linked a video below to show what's going on....
  4. Why does Microsoft forbid us from playing Minecraft Java Edition with our kids now?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Microsoft forbid us from playing Minecraft Java Edition with our kids now?: I've been playing Minecraft with my kids for 15 years and our youngest is starting to get into it now too. So, I created a Microsoft account for her (cause that's mandatory now) and bought her...
  5. Why does Minecraft (PE Edition) Not allow me to use Classic skins?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Minecraft (PE Edition) Not allow me to use Classic skins?: I wanted to return to Minecraft but when I opened the app the game didn't load in my custom classic skin, and instead showed a premade default skin. I've tried multiple things; deleting and...
  6. Why does it say my microsoft account doesnt exist but it still exist because my minecraft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does it say my microsoft account doesnt exist but it still exist because my minecraft...: Please, i really need help with this problem, im freaked out f9f73ff6-5331-413f-a7f6-ca29855b8389
  7. Why does Minecraft open up with a black screen?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Minecraft open up with a black screen?: I open up Minecraft and its full screened while black, I think a way to fix this is resetting video settings but I dont know how to do that when I cant see anything (I doubt this has to do with...
  8. Why does Microsoft not let you transfer your Minecraft worlds to your own account from a...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does Microsoft not let you transfer your Minecraft worlds to your own account from a...: Me and a lot of other people are mad because of the fact that Microsoft won't let you transfer worlds between Minecraft and their trying to get a lot of Xbox users to buy the game, I have a little...
  9. Why does my minecraft world still say that im out of data storage ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my minecraft world still say that im out of data storage ?: For context: My minecraft world on my xbox one s has an issue it says that im out of data storage but i tried deleting save files, clearing local games, reseting my xbox and deleting worlds and...
  10. Why does Minecraft have so many problems?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Minecraft have so many problems?: I recently downloaded Minecraft from the Microsoft store and I have a problem. After downloading the launcher I went ahead and installed the java edition. After downloading it the game didn't...