Why does Minecraft keep crashing when syncing old worlds?

Discus and support Why does Minecraft keep crashing when syncing old worlds? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to convert some of my Xbox 360 and Xbox One worlds to my PC (Windows edition). I have converted the 360 worlds to the Xbox One edition... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by YT Platinum, Mar 12, 2023.

1. YT Platinum
    YT Platinum Guest

I am trying to convert some of my Xbox 360 and Xbox One worlds to my PC (Windows edition). I have converted the 360 worlds to the Xbox One edition (disc) and then went to sync them to the Bedrock version (digital) on my Xbox One. I press sync old worlds and all of the worlds on from the disc version appear, but when I press on them, it uploads to no more than 20%, sometimes not even past 0%, and then the game crashes to the Xbox home screen. The largest world is about 6 MB, so storage is not an issue as I have 243 GB open on my console. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled Minecraft and this doesn’t work. I have seen other people saying they have had this issue but it has never been resolved. Is there a way around this?

:)

YT Platinum, Mar 12, 2023
  2. Geri M. Win User

Hello YT Platinum,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand the inconvenience caused. As per description, Minecraft does not sync to old world, and it keeps on crashing.

Let's try the steps below.

The soft reset you tried is a great and thorough troubleshooting step to try.

I would say that if that did not work, clear your local game saves, remove your profile, reset your network connection by turning off the console and unplugging your network hardware for a couple of minutes, then add the profile and try again.

You can clear your local game saves by going to Settings> System> Storage> Clear Local Saved Games, and the steps to take off and add your profile can be found on Add or remove an Xbox profile | Xbox Support

If those things don't work though, you might want to refer to Mojang support for information on that specific error.

We hope it worked out well for you. If not, please reply back to this forum to let us know so we could find other options to resolve the problem.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. EmergeVS Win User

Hello YT, I have been having this issue as well and what worked for me is going on the xbox 360 or xbox one world that you want to transfer to bedrock(make sure to make a copy first!!) reset the end, and in that world destroy all the chests and signs, go through your world and explore and load every area of your xbox world, and finally go into the freshly loaded end through the end portal and save your world here and try to transfer it to bedrock again. Now note that obviously this method is for if you dont care to save what is in your chests and if you just want the world and buildings to be transferred, if your world is old enough to where it didnt spawn an end portal you will have to build one in creative. Search youtube for how to do that if necessary. If you want to keep your world in survival, breaking all the chest and signs and loading and exploring the entire area might be enough for the transfer to work otherwise do the original method. (Sometimes just loading the entire world area works as well so feel free to try that!) :)
  4. Geri M. Win User

Hi YT Platinum

We haven't heard from you for 72 hours, so we assume the issue has already been resolved. We will not monitor this thread going forward, so if you need further assistance, click this link to create a new thread to discuss these issues. Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. JayDelgado Win User

Minecarft Random World deletion

Are you talking about a Minecraft world? Also, what version [Xbox one(the old one) or bedrock (the latest one with cross platform)]?. Usually if you're connected to Xbox live, all worlds sync up to the cloud, if you're playing on Minecraft Bedrock edition,
    when you click play, there should be an option at the bottom to sync old worlds.
  6. OpticRJames Win User

Can i transfer worlds from ps4 to xbox series s ?

You can use the Minecraft Realms standard or try the steps below first when transferring worlds.

In Minecraft (Bedrock Version), select the Sync Old Worlds button at the bottom of the worlds list in the Play menu. This finds any worlds on the device from the Minecraft: PS4 Edition and displays them below the button.

Select any of the worlds that are displayed to convert it to the Bedrock edition.

After conversion, the world will show up above the Sync Old Worlds button, along with the rest of your Bedrock worlds.
Thema:

1. Why does Minecraft keep crashing when syncing old worlds? - Similar Threads - Why does Minecraft

2. why does the minecraft launcher keep displaying this error message ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    why does the minecraft launcher keep displaying this error message ?: hello ! i bought minecraft two days ago and have been greeted with the error code "(-2015294512)" every time i have tried to launch the game. i've linked a video below to show what's going on....
  3. Why does Microsoft forbid us from playing Minecraft Java Edition with our kids now?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Microsoft forbid us from playing Minecraft Java Edition with our kids now?: I've been playing Minecraft with my kids for 15 years and our youngest is starting to get into it now too. So, I created a Microsoft account for her (cause that's mandatory now) and bought her...
  4. Why does Minecraft (PE Edition) Not allow me to use Classic skins?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Minecraft (PE Edition) Not allow me to use Classic skins?: I wanted to return to Minecraft but when I opened the app the game didn't load in my custom classic skin, and instead showed a premade default skin. I've tried multiple things; deleting and...
  5. Why does it say my microsoft account doesnt exist but it still exist because my minecraft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does it say my microsoft account doesnt exist but it still exist because my minecraft...: Please, i really need help with this problem, im freaked out f9f73ff6-5331-413f-a7f6-ca29855b8389
  6. Why does Minecraft open up with a black screen?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Minecraft open up with a black screen?: I open up Minecraft and its full screened while black, I think a way to fix this is resetting video settings but I dont know how to do that when I cant see anything (I doubt this has to do with...
  7. Why does Microsoft not let you transfer your Minecraft worlds to your own account from a...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does Microsoft not let you transfer your Minecraft worlds to your own account from a...: Me and a lot of other people are mad because of the fact that Microsoft won't let you transfer worlds between Minecraft and their trying to get a lot of Xbox users to buy the game, I have a little...
  8. Why does my minecraft world still say that im out of data storage ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my minecraft world still say that im out of data storage ?: For context: My minecraft world on my xbox one s has an issue it says that im out of data storage but i tried deleting save files, clearing local games, reseting my xbox and deleting worlds and...
  9. Why does Minecraft have so many problems?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Minecraft have so many problems?: I recently downloaded Minecraft from the Microsoft store and I have a problem. After downloading the launcher I went ahead and installed the java edition. After downloading it the game didn't...
  10. Why does minecraft is hiding a secret? When I just play a minecraft, I just saw a cross...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does minecraft is hiding a secret? When I just play a minecraft, I just saw a cross...: Does has a CROSSES THINGS found on Minecraft? Or Why does Minecraft has crosses? To solve this problem, I wanna know if this myth is real or not, becuase I've been seen a scary things found on...