Why does Microsoft treat its Xbox app like a Trojan horse?

Discus and support Why does Microsoft treat its Xbox app like a Trojan horse? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I don't use Riot or Ubisoft services. Why are these clients being forcibly installed on my PC through the Xbox app without my consent? Why do they... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Tacoborn, May 14, 2023.

1. Tacoborn
    Tacoborn Guest

I don't use Riot or Ubisoft services. Why are these clients being forcibly installed on my PC through the Xbox app without my consent? Why do they automatically reinstall when I purposely uninstall them?

This is extremely annoying and feels invasive.

Sony and Nintendo don't do this. Why does Microsoft? Who thought it was a good idea and why is that person or persons still employed at Microsoft?

:)

Tacoborn, May 14, 2023
  2. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, a fellow gamer. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I am here to help.

To answer your inquiry, some versions of Windows 10 computers have this Xbox app by default. In 2016, this app replaced the Xbox One SmartGlass. It was the only app that allowed you to connect your Xbox One to your PC.

Even though Microsoft has been encouraging users to use the new Xbox app, the Xbox Console Companion is still a favorite choice for many users.

It is no longer a built-in app for the latest Windows 10 and 11 builds. However, if you see this tool on your computer, you are using an old version of Windows 10. If not, you may have manually installed the app from the Microsoft Store.

Here's how to manually uninstall your Xbox app permanently:

-Click Start, type Powershell and run as administrator

-Copy and paste each of the command below and hit Enter

Get-AppxPackage *Xbox* | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage

Once you enter those two commands restart and check if Xbox is uninstalled.

Thank you for your time. I hope you have a great day!

For reference links:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/....

https://windowsreport.com/what-is-xbox-console-...

Note/Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  3. Tacoborn Win User

Xbox app now starts Ubisoft Connect app on launch

It's extremely annoying. It was annoying a few months ago when they added Riot client integration with no way to remove. Now I have to deal with this.

I hate how Xbox treats their app like a Trojan Horse. Nintendo and Sony don't do this. Who on earth thought this was a good idea and why is that person/persons still employed at Microsoft?!!
  4. Mizusdo Win User

Game Surveys for cash rewards

Do I get free trojan horses too?
  5. theman72HG Win User

Ghost and the Trojan Horse

OP hahahahahaaha you got be kidding me
  6. Michael Benge Win User

Ghost and the Trojan Horse

BizarroMantis beat me to it. What she said.
Thema:

1. Why does Microsoft treat its Xbox app like a Trojan horse? - Similar Threads - Why does Microsoft

2. Why does my Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000, Black work on my personal desktop but not work on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000, Black work on my personal desktop but not work on...: I work remote. My team can hear me on Zoom or Skype on my personal desktop. But in Citrix and the cati or whatever that software is that we use to do surveys, one or both of these aren't working...
  3. Why does Microsoft false advertise the Xbox series s?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does Microsoft false advertise the Xbox series s?: Why was the series s advertised with 512GB when in reality 112 of the 512 is used for god knows what and you don’t get a choice in that. But when you turn on the console and go into storage that’s...
  4. How to unfreeze account and, why does Microsoft not send me an email?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to unfreeze account and, why does Microsoft not send me an email?: When I try to login to my xbox account it asks for password which I forgot so i click send me a code via email. It never sends me a code. I copy and paste my email to verify it multiple times and...
  5. Why does the verification for Microsoft points continuously say I don’t have a mobile...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does the verification for Microsoft points continuously say I don’t have a mobile...: I’ve been trying to redeem my Microsoft points for almost 6 months now with continuous problems. When I try to redeem the points and it goes through verification, it tells me there isn’t a number...
  6. Why Does it Say "Share" Instead of Install on my Microsoft and Xbox websites?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why Does it Say "Share" Instead of Install on my Microsoft and Xbox websites?: Just bought a 100$ Pro Controller and not only is it hard to find but when I finally found a so called app that accompanied this Controller there isn't even an option to install it. Look, I get...
  7. Why won’t it let me text in chat? It says the my Microsoft account does not allow that or...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won’t it let me text in chat? It says the my Microsoft account does not allow that or...: So I got suspended recently and I finally am able to get back on and I realize I can’t type in chat because it says my Microsoft account doesn’t allow that. I have tried everything please help me....
  8. Why does Microsoft Flight sim keep locking out my microsoft account password?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does Microsoft Flight sim keep locking out my microsoft account password?: If I leave the game inactive overnight, I wake up with an email saying 'We think that someone might have accessed the Microsoft account ****." And now my password needs to be reset. Well, I've...
  9. Why was Microsoft Rewards not added in Morocco, the only country that does not have this...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why was Microsoft Rewards not added in Morocco, the only country that does not have this...: We ask Microsoft to add this service in Morocco f5d199da-3a6d-4317-b398-b124fdb1768e
  10. Why does Microsoft forbid us from playing Minecraft Java Edition with our kids now?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Microsoft forbid us from playing Minecraft Java Edition with our kids now?: I've been playing Minecraft with my kids for 15 years and our youngest is starting to get into it now too. So, I created a Microsoft account for her (cause that's mandatory now) and bought her...