Why does Microsoft penalise people who live outside the US?

Discus and support Why does Microsoft penalise people who live outside the US? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Why doesnt Microsoft understand that not everyone that uses their products live in the US? Many countries have different languages and dialects, and... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by SalamiShowdown, Jan 11, 2023.

1. Why does Microsoft penalise people who live outside the US?

Why doesnt Microsoft understand that not everyone that uses their products live in the US?

Many countries have different languages and dialects, and not all words hold the same meaning even when those countries speak english.

I received a suspension for a message I sent to another player explaining that certain events on Fallout 76 require you to actually wait for players to arrive before starting them. This message was flagged as containing sexual content which it did not. The word I used to describe the player means "a contemtpible person", a far cry from being sexual in any way...

While i do understand that Microsoft is based in the US, they need to understand that not everyone speaks the way they do if they wish to provide services and products outside of the US.

:)

SalamiShowdown, Jan 11, 2023
  2. Tezzerrific Win User

yeah, the world is falling apart and the last place anybody can be free is now joining it, the good old days of gaming and having good banter is gone i am afraid. fond memories and that is all, memories.
  3. SalamiShowdown Win User

You will have to forgive me for using it, I was playing Fallout through the xbox app on my pc as I've not used an actual xbox for many years. Not used to the snowflakes I guess lol.
  4. Tezzerrific Win User

I wouldn't even bother messaging or chatting in game on xbox, if the AI does not get you then some leftist woke person will report you.
  5. ChainSmokingBob Win User

Support Package

^

I disagree. If a good player or Objective player wants to use it, why penalise that? (plus, people barely go for objectives anyway).
  6. Canesfan20 Win User

Xbox Live worth it anymore ?

MSFT uses money from LIVE to subsidize online play for developers. Its why PS game servers get shut down and Xbox ones do not. (outside of people like EA who refuse to let microsoft host) they also provide other services to their developers with this money.
    Look it up
Thema:

1. Why does Microsoft penalise people who live outside the US? - Similar Threads - Why does Microsoft

2. Why does my Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000, Black work on my personal desktop but not work on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000, Black work on my personal desktop but not work on...: I work remote. My team can hear me on Zoom or Skype on my personal desktop. But in Citrix and the cati or whatever that software is that we use to do surveys, one or both of these aren't working...
  3. Why does Microsoft false advertise the Xbox series s?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does Microsoft false advertise the Xbox series s?: Why was the series s advertised with 512GB when in reality 112 of the 512 is used for god knows what and you don’t get a choice in that. But when you turn on the console and go into storage that’s...
  4. How to unfreeze account and, why does Microsoft not send me an email?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to unfreeze account and, why does Microsoft not send me an email?: When I try to login to my xbox account it asks for password which I forgot so i click send me a code via email. It never sends me a code. I copy and paste my email to verify it multiple times and...
  5. Why does the verification for Microsoft points continuously say I don’t have a mobile...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does the verification for Microsoft points continuously say I don’t have a mobile...: I’ve been trying to redeem my Microsoft points for almost 6 months now with continuous problems. When I try to redeem the points and it goes through verification, it tells me there isn’t a number...
  6. Why Does it Say "Share" Instead of Install on my Microsoft and Xbox websites?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why Does it Say "Share" Instead of Install on my Microsoft and Xbox websites?: Just bought a 100$ Pro Controller and not only is it hard to find but when I finally found a so called app that accompanied this Controller there isn't even an option to install it. Look, I get...
  7. Why won’t it let me text in chat? It says the my Microsoft account does not allow that or...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won’t it let me text in chat? It says the my Microsoft account does not allow that or...: So I got suspended recently and I finally am able to get back on and I realize I can’t type in chat because it says my Microsoft account doesn’t allow that. I have tried everything please help me....
  8. Why does Microsoft Flight sim keep locking out my microsoft account password?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does Microsoft Flight sim keep locking out my microsoft account password?: If I leave the game inactive overnight, I wake up with an email saying 'We think that someone might have accessed the Microsoft account ****." And now my password needs to be reset. Well, I've...
  9. Why was Microsoft Rewards not added in Morocco, the only country that does not have this...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why was Microsoft Rewards not added in Morocco, the only country that does not have this...: We ask Microsoft to add this service in Morocco f5d199da-3a6d-4317-b398-b124fdb1768e
  10. Why does Microsoft forbid us from playing Minecraft Java Edition with our kids now?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Microsoft forbid us from playing Minecraft Java Edition with our kids now?: I've been playing Minecraft with my kids for 15 years and our youngest is starting to get into it now too. So, I created a Microsoft account for her (cause that's mandatory now) and bought her...