Why does Microsoft not display the Xbox on the Microsoft "Find My Device" map?

Discus and support Why does Microsoft not display the Xbox on the Microsoft "Find My Device" map? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; All of my other registered device show where they are on the world map, why not my Xbox? 4978cecf-bf9b-4b2b-83d4-c7d879c2bdd9 Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by ELsC0NQUISTAD0R, Nov 16, 2022.

1. Why does Microsoft not display the Xbox on the Microsoft "Find My Device" map?

All of my other registered device show where they are on the world map, why not my Xbox?

:)

ELsC0NQUISTAD0R, Nov 16, 2022
  2. ELsC0NQUISTAD0R Win User

So why is enough for my other non GPS devices?
  3. ELsC0NQUISTAD0R Win User

Just so you understand, they do have the feature, but they choose not to show their customers. Example: If your XBox gets stolen and you have the Police contact Microsoft they will tell them where it is immediately, given its being used and online obviously. I believe this to crappy customer service, but more importantly eludes to a more sinister reason behind it.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today ELsC0NQUISTAD0R

Xbox consoles doesn’t have a GPS or a similar localization feature, this is why is not possible to see the consoles in the map
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi, right now there is no way to know why Microsoft doesn’t include a way to locate the consoles

You’re not alone on this one, I have 3 consoles. And none of them appears on the world map.

If you ask me (this is only a guess, as you already know. I’m not a Microsoft employee) probably it’s because the Xbox is a console that’s not supposed to moved between locations / its supposed to stay always in your home (or it’s something not common)

And i was double checking, Nintendo switch and PS consoles doesn’t have a localization feature

So, it’s not a thing with Xbox console.

But i think that this can be a good feature, if you want, you can try suggesting this idea here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/wiki/ideas

But for now, view or locate the console in a map is not possible. Microsoft didn’t implemented this feature yet
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

The answer is the same, you’re right. It’s possible to get an estimated location using the IP address, but that’s not enough

But Xbox consoles doesn’t have a way to be located
Thema:

1. Why does Microsoft not display the Xbox on the Microsoft "Find My Device" map? - Similar Threads - Why does Microsoft

2. How to unfreeze account and, why does Microsoft not send me an email?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to unfreeze account and, why does Microsoft not send me an email?: When I try to login to my xbox account it asks for password which I forgot so i click send me a code via email. It never sends me a code. I copy and paste my email to verify it multiple times and...
  3. Why does the verification for Microsoft points continuously say I don’t have a mobile...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does the verification for Microsoft points continuously say I don’t have a mobile...: I’ve been trying to redeem my Microsoft points for almost 6 months now with continuous problems. When I try to redeem the points and it goes through verification, it tells me there isn’t a number...
  4. Why Does it Say "Share" Instead of Install on my Microsoft and Xbox websites?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why Does it Say "Share" Instead of Install on my Microsoft and Xbox websites?: Just bought a 100$ Pro Controller and not only is it hard to find but when I finally found a so called app that accompanied this Controller there isn't even an option to install it. Look, I get...
  5. Why won’t it let me text in chat? It says the my Microsoft account does not allow that or...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won’t it let me text in chat? It says the my Microsoft account does not allow that or...: So I got suspended recently and I finally am able to get back on and I realize I can’t type in chat because it says my Microsoft account doesn’t allow that. I have tried everything please help me....
  6. Why does Microsoft Flight sim keep locking out my microsoft account password?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does Microsoft Flight sim keep locking out my microsoft account password?: If I leave the game inactive overnight, I wake up with an email saying 'We think that someone might have accessed the Microsoft account ****." And now my password needs to be reset. Well, I've...
  7. Why was Microsoft Rewards not added in Morocco, the only country that does not have this...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why was Microsoft Rewards not added in Morocco, the only country that does not have this...: We ask Microsoft to add this service in Morocco f5d199da-3a6d-4317-b398-b124fdb1768e
  8. Why does Microsoft forbid us from playing Minecraft Java Edition with our kids now?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Microsoft forbid us from playing Minecraft Java Edition with our kids now?: I've been playing Minecraft with my kids for 15 years and our youngest is starting to get into it now too. So, I created a Microsoft account for her (cause that's mandatory now) and bought her...
  9. why does microsoft say i didn't £69.99 for mw2?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why does microsoft say i didn't £69.99 for mw2?: why does microsoft say i didn't £69.99 for mw2? give me a refund your own records say i paid for it 318ada7e-4014-4e39-907b-81342fca63f5
  10. Why does it say my microsoft account doesnt exist but it still exist because my minecraft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does it say my microsoft account doesnt exist but it still exist because my minecraft...: Please, i really need help with this problem, im freaked out f9f73ff6-5331-413f-a7f6-ca29855b8389