Why does Microsoft intentially produce visual artefacts on XBox Series S?

Discus and support Why does Microsoft intentially produce visual artefacts on XBox Series S? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The XBox Series S is advertised as being capable of HDR, however this is only available when the output resolution is set to 4K, which results in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Aethersia, Sep 1, 2022.

1. Aethersia
    Aethersia Guest

The XBox Series S is advertised as being capable of HDR, however this is only available when the output resolution is set to 4K, which results in horrible visual artefacts from games running at either 1080p or 1440p as the internal XBox scalar uses nearest neighbour filtering. Why the XBox restricts HDR to 4K is not clear as other consoles allow HDR in all resolutions, and my TV has significantly better upscaling hardware than the XBox Series S, meaning the picture is deliberately made worse by Microsoft.

I feel like this constitutes false advertising as no reasonable person would expect HDR to require 4K resolution, especially given the fact other consoles can manage it just fine.

Just allow HDR output for 1080p and 1440p already Microsoft.

:)

Aethersia, Sep 1, 2022
  2. Aethersia Win User

The actual issue in this case is that FH4 doesn't perform upscaling to either 1440p or 4K, whereas FH3 does.
  3. JonnyDavito Win User

Yeah I do not understand why microsoft won't make hdr available in 1080 & 1440p resolutions making it only avaible in 4k . I'm sure it's an easy fix on Microsoft's end . They really try to do all they can to make customers happy with requests maybe it has not been addressed enough PS5 has this hdr feature available in 1080p and 1440p . So what happenes when someone buys a monitor that supports 1440p HDR and gamers can't enjoy the games they want to because resolution has to be in 4k so the monitor they just bought can't be used to full potential . Hdr makes gaming look better in general it's not also about resolution only imo
  4. Aethersia Win User

The issue is with the game not scaling properly, not an issue with any of my hardware or configuration.
  5. Aethersia Win User

Yes, the issue is still ongoing as it is a bug in the game.
  6. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Aethersia,

We have not heard anything from you since our last reply. Please do not hesitate to create a new thread if you have new concerns. We hope that we have answered the issue you reported to us. We personally understand that finding time to work on this matter can be a little difficult to manage. Thus, we would like to let you know how much we appreciate your patience and most importantly the time you have dedicated to post here in Xbox Forums.

Regards,

Thema:

1. Why does Microsoft intentially produce visual artefacts on XBox Series S? - Similar Threads - Why does Microsoft

2. How to unfreeze account and, why does Microsoft not send me an email?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to unfreeze account and, why does Microsoft not send me an email?: When I try to login to my xbox account it asks for password which I forgot so i click send me a code via email. It never sends me a code. I copy and paste my email to verify it multiple times and...
  3. Why does the verification for Microsoft points continuously say I don’t have a mobile...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does the verification for Microsoft points continuously say I don’t have a mobile...: I’ve been trying to redeem my Microsoft points for almost 6 months now with continuous problems. When I try to redeem the points and it goes through verification, it tells me there isn’t a number...
  4. Why Does it Say "Share" Instead of Install on my Microsoft and Xbox websites?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why Does it Say "Share" Instead of Install on my Microsoft and Xbox websites?: Just bought a 100$ Pro Controller and not only is it hard to find but when I finally found a so called app that accompanied this Controller there isn't even an option to install it. Look, I get...
  5. Why won’t it let me text in chat? It says the my Microsoft account does not allow that or...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won’t it let me text in chat? It says the my Microsoft account does not allow that or...: So I got suspended recently and I finally am able to get back on and I realize I can’t type in chat because it says my Microsoft account doesn’t allow that. I have tried everything please help me....
  6. Why does Microsoft Flight sim keep locking out my microsoft account password?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does Microsoft Flight sim keep locking out my microsoft account password?: If I leave the game inactive overnight, I wake up with an email saying 'We think that someone might have accessed the Microsoft account ****." And now my password needs to be reset. Well, I've...
  7. Why was Microsoft Rewards not added in Morocco, the only country that does not have this...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why was Microsoft Rewards not added in Morocco, the only country that does not have this...: We ask Microsoft to add this service in Morocco f5d199da-3a6d-4317-b398-b124fdb1768e
  8. Why does Microsoft forbid us from playing Minecraft Java Edition with our kids now?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Microsoft forbid us from playing Minecraft Java Edition with our kids now?: I've been playing Minecraft with my kids for 15 years and our youngest is starting to get into it now too. So, I created a Microsoft account for her (cause that's mandatory now) and bought her...
  9. why does microsoft say i didn't £69.99 for mw2?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why does microsoft say i didn't £69.99 for mw2?: why does microsoft say i didn't £69.99 for mw2? give me a refund your own records say i paid for it 318ada7e-4014-4e39-907b-81342fca63f5
  10. Why does it say my microsoft account doesnt exist but it still exist because my minecraft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does it say my microsoft account doesnt exist but it still exist because my minecraft...: Please, i really need help with this problem, im freaked out f9f73ff6-5331-413f-a7f6-ca29855b8389