Why does Microsoft force Xbox players to play with PC players?

Discus and support Why does Microsoft force Xbox players to play with PC players? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Back when Cross-Play was new on Xbox, Phill Spencer said "I’ll never force somebody in our games whose playing with a controller or a mouse and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Cyborgimus, Nov 2, 2022.

1. Cyborgimus
    Cyborgimus Guest

Back when Cross-Play was new on Xbox, Phill Spencer said "I’ll never force somebody in our games whose playing with a controller or a mouse and keyboard to play against somebody with a different control scheme." So are we forced to play with others on a different platform where you can easily cheat and have clear advantages over controller users??

Example: In Halo Infinite, even if you turn off cross play in the Xbox settings, you would still matchup against PC gamers. What is the point of that setting if it doesn’t work??

It’s a shame that Microsoft favors people who play on PC over those on Xbox.

:)

Cyborgimus, Nov 2, 2022
  2. ngocphi Win User

Nope Phil Spencer didn't lie to you

Game options are upto the developer NOT xbox

HOWEVER HE DIDNT lie to you

Or you are playing people with cronus or aim bots

Just because someone is better doesn't mean they are cheating or using a pv

You just not looking at your account settings

First, go to the dashboard and press the Xbox button. Now you can select 'Settings.' Now follow these steps:

1. Select 'General'
    2. Now 'Online Safety and Family'
    3. Next, select 'Privacy and Online Safety'
    4. Open 'Xbox Privacy'
    5. Select 'View Details and Customise'
    6. Now 'Communication and Multiplayer'
    7. Finally, use the 'You Can Join Cross-Network Play' section and switch it to 'Block'
    Keep in mind there are consequences
  3. JAG2911 Win User

Forced crossplay for Warzone 2?

Why would Activision only force crossplay on Xbox players? This seems completely illogical so it definitely does feel like Xbox have to have some involvement here.

It’s ridiculous that we are forced to play with mouse and keyboard players. Even PC players with a controller have the frames advantage and also the ability to use hacks.

I do not know a single Xbox player who likes that fact that we are the only ones forced into crossplay and essentially become being cannon fodder for PC players lol
  4. Gods1stassasin Win User

Forced crossplay for Warzone 2?

That's a bs answer!!! Sony has it as an option and that response holds no water. PC players and PS5 players both have the option to opt out. So are you really trying to say that they made laws that only pertain to xbox players? Yes, xbox players can turn off cross play, but if they want to play warzone they are forced to turn it back on. PC players can leave it off. Sony players can leave it off. Microsoft forces us to keep it on because they want to break into the PC market. Period! So they are obviously choosing profits over their loyal base.
  5. GodzGl0ry Win User

Cross platform

Thank you for asking this question. I applaud you. They should not force console players to play with PC players. They are two totally different creatures no matter how much they glamorize the Xbox One. It does not and will not have the power and abilities
    as a gaming pc has.
  6. baltyofgod Win User

Call of Duty Warzone disable crossplay

Why can PS4 players opt out crossplay on the new battle royale Warzone, and Xbox players are forced to play against PC players?

It is the most frustrating experience I've ever had with a game. Every round Xbox players are cannon fodder against mouse & keyboard players.

I don't understand how PS4 players can disable it and we can't.. Can someone explain this to me?
    do you have accordingly a limit this that are the nat closed? there be a menu that-olatino with those PCs and play with those ps4.
Thema:

1. Why does Microsoft force Xbox players to play with PC players? - Similar Threads - Why does Microsoft

2. Why does my Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000, Black work on my personal desktop but not work on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000, Black work on my personal desktop but not work on...: I work remote. My team can hear me on Zoom or Skype on my personal desktop. But in Citrix and the cati or whatever that software is that we use to do surveys, one or both of these aren't working...
  3. Why does Microsoft false advertise the Xbox series s?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does Microsoft false advertise the Xbox series s?: Why was the series s advertised with 512GB when in reality 112 of the 512 is used for god knows what and you don’t get a choice in that. But when you turn on the console and go into storage that’s...
  4. How to unfreeze account and, why does Microsoft not send me an email?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to unfreeze account and, why does Microsoft not send me an email?: When I try to login to my xbox account it asks for password which I forgot so i click send me a code via email. It never sends me a code. I copy and paste my email to verify it multiple times and...
  5. Why does the verification for Microsoft points continuously say I don’t have a mobile...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does the verification for Microsoft points continuously say I don’t have a mobile...: I’ve been trying to redeem my Microsoft points for almost 6 months now with continuous problems. When I try to redeem the points and it goes through verification, it tells me there isn’t a number...
  6. Why Does it Say "Share" Instead of Install on my Microsoft and Xbox websites?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why Does it Say "Share" Instead of Install on my Microsoft and Xbox websites?: Just bought a 100$ Pro Controller and not only is it hard to find but when I finally found a so called app that accompanied this Controller there isn't even an option to install it. Look, I get...
  7. Why won’t it let me text in chat? It says the my Microsoft account does not allow that or...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won’t it let me text in chat? It says the my Microsoft account does not allow that or...: So I got suspended recently and I finally am able to get back on and I realize I can’t type in chat because it says my Microsoft account doesn’t allow that. I have tried everything please help me....
  8. Why does Microsoft Flight sim keep locking out my microsoft account password?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does Microsoft Flight sim keep locking out my microsoft account password?: If I leave the game inactive overnight, I wake up with an email saying 'We think that someone might have accessed the Microsoft account ****." And now my password needs to be reset. Well, I've...
  9. Why was Microsoft Rewards not added in Morocco, the only country that does not have this...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why was Microsoft Rewards not added in Morocco, the only country that does not have this...: We ask Microsoft to add this service in Morocco f5d199da-3a6d-4317-b398-b124fdb1768e
  10. Why does Microsoft forbid us from playing Minecraft Java Edition with our kids now?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Microsoft forbid us from playing Minecraft Java Edition with our kids now?: I've been playing Minecraft with my kids for 15 years and our youngest is starting to get into it now too. So, I created a Microsoft account for her (cause that's mandatory now) and bought her...