Why does it still say I’m playing modern warfare 2 2009 (the one for Xbox 360) on my Xbox one

Discus and support Why does it still say I’m playing modern warfare 2 2009 (the one for Xbox 360) on my Xbox one in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My Xbox one profile still says I’m on modern warfare 2 even though I’m on a whole different game and I have no clue how to fix it. I’ve already tried... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jim Rubocki, Jun 1, 2023.

1. Jim Rubocki
    Jim Rubocki Guest

Why does it still say I’m playing modern warfare 2 2009 (the one for Xbox 360) on my Xbox one

My Xbox one profile still says I’m on modern warfare 2 even though I’m on a whole different game and I have no clue how to fix it. I’ve already tried restarting my Xbox, hard restarting it, uninstalling modern warfare, loading modern warfare and quitting it, loading modern warfare and quitting it through the Xbox 360 menu, you name it and I tried it. I have zero clue on how to fix it I just want to get it fixed. Please help me.

:)

Jim Rubocki, Jun 1, 2023
  2. DeniqL Win User

Hi,Jim! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

Try by clearing the 360 cache

Press the Xbox button  on your controller to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Storage.

On the Manage storage devices screen, select:

Clear local Xbox 360 storage. This deletes Xbox 360 games saved locally, but they'll remain in the cloud.
  3. [EX] Win User

Hi,

that's really strange !

Have you tried to change the privacy settings ? Like who can see you online and what game you are playing. Then resrting the console of course.

That's what I would try after all you've already tried.
  4. Francia J. Win User

Why does it still say I’m playing modern warfare 2 2009

Hi Robert_240, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

I have here steps that we can try, please perform a power cycle on your console by following the steps below:

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

"1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​"

If that didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

"Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps."
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

How do I change Xbox live info when using a Xbox Series S?

If you are playing the Xbox 360 2009 version of Modern Warfare 2, then no, you cannot change it, as the game is a 360 game, and so uses the 360 infrastructure.

If it's the Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S 2022 version, then changing your Xbox gamerpic on your profile might change it for you on the game. Or you might have to change it via the Activision site.
  6. Ben McDowall Win User

How do I fix this?

I am using the Xbox One. The Modern Warfare 3 disc is an Xbox one disc. I’m aware that it’s normally a 360 game, but I bought it for the Xbox one.
Thema:

1. Why does it still say I’m playing modern warfare 2 2009 (the one for Xbox 360) on my Xbox one - Similar Threads - Why does still

2. Why does it still want me to ask for permission?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does it still want me to ask for permission?: Hello, I turned 18 over the summer, and was in a family group. I attempted to buy Minecraft but it wants me to ask for permission. I then searched for some way for the system to realize I was not...
  3. Why does it say my microsoft account doesnt exist but it still exist because my minecraft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does it say my microsoft account doesnt exist but it still exist because my minecraft...: Please, i really need help with this problem, im freaked out f9f73ff6-5331-413f-a7f6-ca29855b8389
  4. Why does it still want me to ask for permission?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it still want me to ask for permission?: Hello, I turned 18 over the summer, and was in a family group. I attempted to buy Minecraft but it wants me to ask for permission. I then searched for some way for the system to realize I was not...
  5. Why does my minecraft world still say that im out of data storage ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my minecraft world still say that im out of data storage ?: For context: My minecraft world on my xbox one s has an issue it says that im out of data storage but i tried deleting save files, clearing local games, reseting my xbox and deleting worlds and...
  6. Why does my old gamertag still show above new one after purchasing a new name?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my old gamertag still show above new one after purchasing a new name?: Recently purchased a new gamertag, but it still shows my old name above new name. Anyone know why? [img] 39aea6a9-41ab-4d54-b546-3e09446c7d8d
  7. Why does my controller still have stick drift or sticky sticks if my dead zone is set to max?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my controller still have stick drift or sticky sticks if my dead zone is set to max?: Why does my controller still have stick drift or sticks sticks if my dead zone is set to max? This is something that is recent and has not happen over time. When I go forward on the left stick it...
  8. Why does it still show my old username when I changed it

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does it still show my old username when I changed it: I changed my name a week and a bit a go I thought it would show my new one how do I fix this problem I payed for it. 2449449b-c79a-453d-93ae-3dbd9750f39c
  9. Why does it say I still need to buy game pass for Dead by Daylight after I already bought...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it say I still need to buy game pass for Dead by Daylight after I already bought...: I bought Dead by Daylight for 32$ and it says that I will need to pay an extra 16.99$ for a month of game pass just to play it for one month 1cb41d18-7df9-4bb7-9003-824a081915f0
  10. UNO does not run at all on xbox one. It still for sale why.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    UNO does not run at all on xbox one. It still for sale why.: UNO hasn't worked going on 3 years now. Just would like a fix to a game that is still for sale. 3 Years is quite long. d4700979-c2a7-472d-8dc1-66ac703c7502