Why does it say that I own a game when it’s in my cart, but it doesn’t show up in my library?

Discus and support Why does it say that I own a game when it’s in my cart, but it doesn’t show up in my library? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to buy an Xbox 360 game (cod bo2) on the series S, and it shows that I do not own it and I need to purchase it for $14.99. However when I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dylan Underwood, May 29, 2023.

1. Why does it say that I own a game when it’s in my cart, but it doesn’t show up in my library?

I am trying to buy an Xbox 360 game (cod bo2) on the series S, and it shows that I do not own it and I need to purchase it for $14.99. However when I add it to my cart it says that it’s already owned, but it is not in my library and is unable to be downloaded anywhere. Is there a way I can fix this to make it show up or do I have to repurchase the game?

:)

Dylan Underwood, May 29, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Why does it say that I own a game when it’s in my cart, but it doesn’t show up in my library?

Hello,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your problem has been solved. We won't be monitoring this topic going forward, so if you need more help, please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com).

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully

Microsoft Community
  3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Dylan Underwood,

Thank you for sharing your concern here in Xbox Community Forum and we hope that all is well.

Based on the description, you are trying to purchase the game and is unable to because of the error message while adding it to your cart. Let us check on this together and sort this out. We will make sure that you will be able to install the game in your Xbox Series S console.

We would like to ask few questions to help us isolate the issue further.

1. Have you purchase this game before while using older version of Xbox console?
    2. Where did you make the purchase? Is it from Microsoft Store or in Xbox official website?

3. Can you send us screenshot where it shows the error?

4. Is it your account that was signed into the website where you are trying to purchase the game?

If you have not purchased this game before and shows you own the game when adding to the cart, it is possible that there is a different account signed in that owns the game. Try making a purchase by opening a browser in private window or press Ctrl + Shift + N and try to repurchase the game again.

If you purchase this game on your older version of Xbox console, let us check the game in Microsoft Store in your device. Try searching for the game like Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 and if you can see an Install button, that would mean you owned the game and just click install button to download it. You can also check from your order history if you have owned this game before. Go to this link: Microsoft account | Order history

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. BladeGathers Win User

I bought the game and it says I have to buy it again

I preordered call of duty Cold War and it was working fine until last night and now when I try to open it it says “to play this, you’ll need to buy it” and in my full library it doesn’t show up but in the store it says I own it
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

How can I install a game I own, but is not in my library on PC?

Do you own the game on disc or digital? If it's disc, then that will be why the game does not show in your library on PC, as you need to own the digital version for that to show up in your PC library.
  6. Caleb Bayes Win User

“Looks like you’ve already downloaded this”

The only option that shows up from the store is tapping on it to purchase it, but then it says I already own Netflix and to check my games and apps, when I do it doesn’t show up
Thema:

1. Why does it say that I own a game when it’s in my cart, but it doesn’t show up in my library? - Similar Threads - Why does own

2. Why does my Xbox Profile Hub display some random avatar and not my own?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my Xbox Profile Hub display some random avatar and not my own?: I recently made some tweaks to my male Xbox Avatar. And now on my Xbox Profile Hub displays random women avatars. What up with that? Is that like some default setting? I know the Xbox severs have...
  3. Why does Microsoft not let you transfer your Minecraft worlds to your own account from a...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does Microsoft not let you transfer your Minecraft worlds to your own account from a...: Me and a lot of other people are mad because of the fact that Microsoft won't let you transfer worlds between Minecraft and their trying to get a lot of Xbox users to buy the game, I have a little...
  4. Why does my Microsoft account auto log out on its own accord?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my Microsoft account auto log out on its own accord?: I have no clue what just happened, but I tried to open up Minecraft on Lunar Client and then again through the launcher and it had my microsoft account logged out. I then went through the xbox...
  5. I own a game digitally for xbox one. Why does the game not appear as purchased on my Series...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I own a game digitally for xbox one. Why does the game not appear as purchased on my Series...: I bought master chief collection when it first came out. Now it says I don’t own the game when I try to install it on my Series S when I try to find it in store. it prompts me to buy the game...
  6. Why does the Minecraft website (minecraft.net/account) say I don't own any of the Minecraft...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does the Minecraft website (minecraft.net/account) say I don't own any of the Minecraft...: I have had Java since 2015 and I migrated my account. I have the same account logged in on both the website and the launcher. It has the same gamertag and everything. Please help!...
  7. Why does it say i dont own GTA if i have the disc inserted into my xbox one?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it say i dont own GTA if i have the disc inserted into my xbox one?: Split from this thread. Hello, I've had this problem with GTA myself. Ended up buying 3 YES 3 new game disc and they still didn't work. Cant figure out why though. I ended up just buying the...
  8. Why does it say i dont own GTA if i have the disc inserted into my xbox one?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it say i dont own GTA if i have the disc inserted into my xbox one?: I bought the disc for the Premium version of GTA but whenever i insert it into my xbox nothing pops up in games or apps, i go to the store when i have it inserted inside and it says i need to buy...
  9. why does it say I don’t own nba2k24 after I preordered it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why does it say I don’t own nba2k24 after I preordered it: So the past couple days I’ve been looking at the time I have left on nba2k24 until it drops so I got off of work today and came home to see how much longer I got and pretty much it says I got to...
  10. why does it show do i own this game or app on a game i already own

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why does it show do i own this game or app on a game i already own: I bought cold war, rainbow six and many other games all digitally and now i cannot play any of my digital games becuse everytime it gives me the " do you own this game or app?" anyone have any...