Why does it say that I don't own a game that I have already bought?

Discus and support Why does it say that I don't own a game that I have already bought? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I own Minecraft on my Microsoft account and have played it many times, but now it suddenly says "buy now". When I open the game, it says that I am not... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by carot cake, Mar 27, 2023.

1. carot cake
    carot cake Guest

I own Minecraft on my Microsoft account and have played it many times, but now it suddenly says "buy now". When I open the game, it says that I am not signed into the store with the same account as the game. However, I have checked and I am using the same account, and this is the account I bought the game on. I have also tried logging in and out multiple times on both store and game but it does not work. I can't play the game that I have bought. Is there any way I could fix this?

:)

carot cake, Mar 27, 2023
  2. carot cake Win User

Hi, I followed your suggestions but still cannot get my game back. I'll keep trying though. Thank you!
  3. Rostom L Win User

4. Rostom L Win User

Hi carot!

Sorry to hear about the issue. Let's do our best to sort that out here.

First, let's confirm if you're using the correct account. Sign in your account to https://account.microsoft.com website if you're able to sign in your email address correctly. Then visit https://account.xbox.com/Profile if it shows your correct Xbox profile or gamertag. Check your achievements section as well if it shows all your game achievements that you played before.

If everything is correct, try to repair and reset the Minecraft Launcher, Xbox app and the Microsoft Store.
    Repair/Reset apps - https://support.microsoft.com/windows/repair-ap...

Don't forget to check for Windows updates and get all available updates from the Microsoft Store.

Check for Windows updates - https://support.microsoft.com/windows/update-wi...

Get updates from Microsoft Store - https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/g...
  5. bowski477 Win User

I don't own games I have bought

This was likely due to a service alert that was up effecting the ability to play downloaded games and apps. You should be able to use them now that the alert has lifted. If you continue to have this problem please post back.
  6. CarTzy Win User

Why does it say I don't own Minecraft dungeons???

Hello pj hall,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I can see that you are having trouble accessing Minecraft Dungeons on your PC. To help you with this issue, I need to ask you a few questions:

- Are you using the same Microsoft account on your PC that you used to purchase Minecraft Dungeons on your Xbox and laptop?

- Are you trying to download the game from the Microsoft Store app or the Xbox app on your PC?

- Do you have an active Xbox Game Pass subscription or did you buy the game separately?

Depending on your answers, there are different troubleshooting steps that we can try. For example, if you are using the same account and trying to download the game from the Microsoft Store app, you may need to sign out and sign back in to refresh your licenses. If you are using the Xbox app, you may need to update it to the latest version. If you have an Xbox Game Pass subscription, you may need to check if it is still valid or if you need to renew it.

Please reply with your answers and we will do our best to resolve this issue as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience and cooperation.
Thema:

1. Why does it say that I don't own a game that I have already bought? - Similar Threads - Why does don't

2. Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?: I am trying to play some black ops three zombies with my friends but I cannot join them because bo3 says my nat type is strict. But when I go to my Xbox's network settings it says open and all...
  3. Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.: I'm not able to talk to my friends in a party chat while I'm on computer It pops up a message that states this "Background apps permissions for Xbox are turned off. Other may not be able to hear...
  4. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  5. Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?: I have a pair of speakers plugged into my Xbox One S using the optical port and sound only comes out one side. I’ve already verified that both speakers do work. I’ve tried changing a few settings...
  6. Does anyone know why media playback controls (through mobile and voice command) don't work...

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know why media playback controls (through mobile and voice command) don't work...: Media controls (both through google assistant and mobile app) will not work with paramount plus on Xbox. Does anyone know why? c3624f1e-a08a-45c2-be39-1fda9e8618ba
  7. Why don't PC gamepass players got the same thing as Xbox players does in the achievements ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why don't PC gamepass players got the same thing as Xbox players does in the achievements ?: First thing sorry for my English I am not a native speaker. secondly, I want to say that the GamePass achievements on PC are very poor compared to Xbox and it doesn't look like the Xbox...
  8. Why is call of duty so laggy 1/2 the shots don't register when does xbox plan to fix this.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is call of duty so laggy 1/2 the shots don't register when does xbox plan to fix this.: Call of duty has only gotten worse sense its launch when does xbox plan to start fixing this broken game. 8aba9f9c-62b1-4301-8d09-8bfce0aa8a57
  9. Why does the Minecraft website (minecraft.net/account) say I don't own any of the Minecraft...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does the Minecraft website (minecraft.net/account) say I don't own any of the Minecraft...: I have had Java since 2015 and I migrated my account. I have the same account logged in on both the website and the launcher. It has the same gamertag and everything. Please help!...
  10. Why does it say I cant stream to my pc because they need an update when they don't.

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does it say I cant stream to my pc because they need an update when they don't.: I try to stream my Xbox to my pc and it says test streaming and whenever I do that I check my updates on my console and pc but they don't need any updates b579293b-e627-409c-a19b-01144077f265