Why does it say I need to buy Minecraft when I bought it 7 years ago

Discus and support Why does it say I need to buy Minecraft when I bought it 7 years ago in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I recently tried to get back onto Minecraft after Microsoft bought it and once I updated my Mojang it says I don't own Minecraft. Please help since my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AnonymousOperator, Jul 2, 2022.

1. Why does it say I need to buy Minecraft when I bought it 7 years ago

I recently tried to get back onto Minecraft after Microsoft bought it and once I updated my Mojang it says I don't own Minecraft. Please help since my friends are going to start a server soon and I don't want to spend another $30 on it.

:)

AnonymousOperator, Jul 2, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi AnonymousOperator, I hope you're doing great despite the issue you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

I would like to ask, what Minecraft version are you looking for? Is this Minecraft for Windows or Minecraft Java Edition?
  3. PanTV1 Win User

Minecraft on PC after buying Xbox One version?

Years ago I bought the Xbox version of Minecraft. Now I have Game Pass Ultimate & its not on PC version of the pass & never bought the PC version on any storefront. Now when I look at Windows 10 store it says Install or Buy to Own. Do I have Minecraft
    on PC or not? I dont wanna buy the game again if I already own it on PC, especially when I already own it on console.
  4. PanTV1 Win User

Minecraft on PC after buying Xbox One version?

Years ago I bought the Xbox version of Minecraft. Now I have Game Pass Ultimate & its not on PC version of the pass & never bought the PC version on any storefront. Now when I look at Windows 10 store it says Install or Buy to Own. Do I have Minecraft
    on PC or not? I dont wanna buy the game again if I already own it on PC, especially when I already own it on console.
  5. Keyan Baggett Win User

Bought Minecraft a year ago and now it says I didn't

This allowed me to install the launcher, thank you very much.
  6. OpticRJames Win User

Bought Minecraft a year ago and now it says I didn't

Hi, Keyan. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Let's try logging out from the Minecraft launcher first, then log in with your new Microsoft account, please don't use your old Mojang account login details. You will need to click the "Go back" button on the login screen then click "Add account" and then choose "Microsoft login."

If that doesn't work, please try using the other version of the launcher which you can download from this link, https://aka.ms/minecraftClientWindows

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
Thema:

1. Why does it say I need to buy Minecraft when I bought it 7 years ago - Similar Threads - Why does need

2. When I unplug my xbox to move it to a different room why does it need to update. It isn't...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I unplug my xbox to move it to a different room why does it need to update. It isn't...: When I unplug my xbox to move it to a different room why does it need to update. It isn't even a couple of minutes a6043f89-fec2-47c0-83d5-0d3bde358e8f
  3. Why does it keep showing that my discord account needs to be relinked with my xbox even...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does it keep showing that my discord account needs to be relinked with my xbox even...: It’s just making me do the same thing over and over with no outcome leading towards me using discord on my xbox again. 8aa145d5-0cd1-45c1-80bb-4c7314a33051
  4. Why does mk11 ultimate need a 2nd disk when there is no 2nd disk

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does mk11 ultimate need a 2nd disk when there is no 2nd disk: I downloaded mk11 ultimate edition off my disk and it woked perfectly and deleted it and redownloaded it with the same disk and now its saying it needs a 2nd disk and is only giving me the basic...
  5. Why does my Xbox need to be signed in when I logout email everywhere

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my Xbox need to be signed in when I logout email everywhere: I'm only asking because outlook specifically says "logging out everywhere does NOT affect Xbox" So why does my Xbox ask me to go to Microsoft.com/link every time?...
  6. Why does my xbox say I need game pass to play battlefield 2042? I bought the game on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my xbox say I need game pass to play battlefield 2042? I bought the game on...: WhereWhy does my xbox say I need game pass to play battlefield 2042? I bought the game on release pr order so... what? Where is my game Microsoft? Why am I being asked to pay for game pass to play...
  7. Why does Xbox say I need to renew Game Pass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Xbox say I need to renew Game Pass?: I was recently gifted 3 months of GamePass Core and tried to play games such as Dead by Daylight, a very popular GamePass Core/GamePass Ultimate required game on Xbox, and it has continuously told...
  8. Why does it say I need to add friends to be able to invite, when I have 100 friends online?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does it say I need to add friends to be able to invite, when I have 100 friends online?: I'm trying to invite anyone from my friendliest to a 1v1 friendly and I see this message that "add friends to be able to play against them...." while I already have friends and it even shows that...
  9. Why does my console keep saying “the person who bought this needs to sign in” even though...

in XboX Insiders
    Why does my console keep saying “the person who bought this needs to sign in” even though...: I’m at college trying to set up my Xbox in the dorm and it said my internet connection was fine, and I’m signed in, but when I try to start any game it just says that the person who bought it...
  10. Why does it say I still need to buy game pass for Dead by Daylight after I already bought...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it say I still need to buy game pass for Dead by Daylight after I already bought...: I bought Dead by Daylight for 32$ and it says that I will need to pay an extra 16.99$ for a month of game pass just to play it for one month 1cb41d18-7df9-4bb7-9003-824a081915f0