Why does it say I have to buy Minecraft again?

Discus and support Why does it say I have to buy Minecraft again? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I’ve owned Minecraft Bedrock on Windows for a long time now. I got it when I bought the Xbox One Minecraft bundle. I didn’t play it on PC too much, but... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dark Glowy, Feb 21, 2023.

1. Dark Glowy
    Dark Glowy Guest

I’ve owned Minecraft Bedrock on Windows for a long time now. I got it when I bought the Xbox One Minecraft bundle. I didn’t play it on PC too much, but I did play it a little bit and I wanted to come back after a while. However, when I launched the game it told me to buy the full version and when I check my library it was completely missing. What’s up with this?

:)

Dark Glowy, Feb 21, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello Dark Glowy,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well. Let me see how I can assist you with this concern.

We’d like to know more about it in details so that we can provide a more accurate resolution for you.

• What troubleshooting steps have you done?
    • Was this working before?
    • Recent activity or changes made before the issue appeared?

So far, from the details you provided, you can try the following steps and let us know the result. You can just skip those you have done already.

• Make sure that you have Migrated your account to Microsoft
    • Login with the Xbox App on the PC using your Microsoft account
    • Search for Minecraft Launcher
    • Install the launcher
    • Login with your Microsoft Account
    • Look for Minecraft Bedrock then install it
    • Remove the Old Minecraft launcher then use the new launcher you just installed to play the game

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  3. XBF Steven R Win User

Why does it say I should buy the game again?

Hey there Supbro!

Sorry to hear that you're dealing with this issue and getting this error.

This could totally be something manifesting from the fact that we are currently experiencing an Xbox Service outage regarding

Purchase and Content Usage
    . You might have to wait until it's back up.

If this keeps happening after it's been resolved though I would suggest trying the steps outlined in our

Xbox One Game Freeze Solution

It not only has steps for games freezing but it also could help with it not launching and is good for a variety of game play issues.

When you get a chance, give that a shot and let us know how that helped.

Thanks for reading!
  4. {Parity} Win User

Try performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely.
    Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes.
    Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.
  5. Anti HE MAN1 Win User

make sure you are using the correct account
  6. Airiak Win User

If the power cycle doesn't get you sorted, double check your orders, and contact support.
Thema:

1. Why does it say I have to buy Minecraft again? - Similar Threads - Why does buy

2. Why does it show to purchase mw 2019 pack when I buyed the disc i dont understand, i...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it show to purchase mw 2019 pack when I buyed the disc i dont understand, i...: Does this only works if I install the game with the disc Or just install it somehow then use the disc while playing the game? ec30415a-3462-4030-8512-f2aea3cf704c
  3. Why does my Series S force me to buy the game pass before playing Ubisoft games (trivial...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Series S force me to buy the game pass before playing Ubisoft games (trivial...: I have owned these Ubisoft games for at least a year and have played online with friends without any issues, but now when I launch them and go to start an online game it brings up the game pass...
  4. Why does it say I still need to buy game pass for Dead by Daylight after I already bought...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it say I still need to buy game pass for Dead by Daylight after I already bought...: I bought Dead by Daylight for 32$ and it says that I will need to pay an extra 16.99$ for a month of game pass just to play it for one month 1cb41d18-7df9-4bb7-9003-824a081915f0
  5. Why does Everytime I go to buy the dragonborne addon for Skyrim Xbox 360 it says error...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Everytime I go to buy the dragonborne addon for Skyrim Xbox 360 it says error...: I'm asking that question cuz that's happening to me 8dff1bd1-3902-494d-a391-09d0ba0ca34f
  6. Why does my Xbox one say I have to buy game pass for R6 Siege even though I have a disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox one say I have to buy game pass for R6 Siege even though I have a disc: Every time I try to play rainbow six siege it tells me I have to buy Ubisoft plus or game pass even though I have a disc and when it does give me the option to install it, it says installation...
  7. Why does it say I didn’t buy mine craft when I did (and yes I’m on the right account)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it say I didn’t buy mine craft when I did (and yes I’m on the right account): I have already purchased Minecraft. I am absolutely peeved because when I went to sign back into the account I bought the game on it was making me buy the game all over again...
  8. Why does the minecraft launcher tell me to buy minecraft java edition despite already...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does the minecraft launcher tell me to buy minecraft java edition despite already...: I bought Minecraft java edition for Windows 10 a while ago. I stopped playing for a few months and when I came back, the main screen told me to buy Minecraft java edition again. I have migrated my...
  9. Why does my Xbox want me to buy another bundle for Vice City, when I've already bought one?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my Xbox want me to buy another bundle for Vice City, when I've already bought one?: Hi! I bought the GTA bundle a few months back, mainly because it had Vice City in it. GTAV was just a bonus pretty much. But it won't play, tells me I don't own it. Says i remotely installed it...
  10. Why does Minecraft Launcher still say Buy now after I purchased minecraft?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Minecraft Launcher still say Buy now after I purchased minecraft?: Hello A while ago My Mum bought me the Minecraft java and bedrock bundle on the Microsoft store using Microsoft family link it said the purchase succeeded but on the launcher it still says buy now...