WHY DOES IT COST MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR GAMERTAG?

Discus and support WHY DOES IT COST MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR GAMERTAG? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; SERIOUSLY WHY? IT SHOULD BE FREE! fe9fa062-20b2-4b35-95ea-7cce153d8e18 Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by BriteBomber9219, Feb 4, 2023.

1. WHY DOES IT COST MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR GAMERTAG?

SERIOUSLY WHY? IT SHOULD BE FREE!

:)

BriteBomber9219, Feb 4, 2023
  2. ngocphi Win User

Also therr would be more suspensions or no serious thought to names if it was free

If a forced name change occurs then the person try a similar name with the same offence it just incurs another forced name change and they never change their ways without thought

And too many of those will incur a permanent ban

Hence the cost people.wouldn't change their name everytime they see a new character they think about it first before spending 10 bucks

Or at least put serious thought into their names
  3. Rostom L Win User

Hi! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

It's like the other games online, they require a payment to change the username or gamertag. We are only given a free change once. I believe this is to limit the abuse of changing gamertag and to not keep on changing it to allow other users claim their preferred gamertag.
  4. dekwan perry Win User

Gamertag was changed by itself

Please be more specific.

Was your gamertag changed automatically and costed money or do you want to change it but it cost money?

If it is because you want to change it but it cost money, It was your fault in the first place for violating Xbox's Terms of Service, Next time make sure to choose a more appropriate gamertag.

- Silverstonery ^-^
  5. dekwan perry Win User

Gamertag was changed by itself

Please be more specific.

Was your gamertag changed automatically and costed money or do you want to change it but it cost money?

If it is because you want to change it but it cost money, it was your fault in the first place for violating Xbox's Terms of Service, next time make sure too choose a more appropriate gamertag.

- Silverstonery ^-^
  6. SilentJay76 Win User

Seriously, why does it cost money at all to change your Xbox Gamertag?

The visible name feature would solve the first problem and the nickname feature would solve your second.

And at least on the Nintendo Switch you can change your console name which is what people see online. I play Smash Bros and people change this all the time.
    I don't understand. How would a "visible name" feature prevent people from abusing it? How would a "nickname" feature tell me who's who, if they keep changing it? And why on Earth would you want THREE different usernames on one platform? (Gamertag, visible
    name, nickname.)
Thema:

1. WHY DOES IT COST MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR GAMERTAG? - Similar Threads - WHY DOES COST

2. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  3. Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?: I have a pair of speakers plugged into my Xbox One S using the optical port and sound only comes out one side. I’ve already verified that both speakers do work. I’ve tried changing a few settings...
  4. Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install: I bought Black Ops III and it’s been installing but it stopped at 93.8% and it said the disk may have been damaged or it is dirty. I cleaned it and put it back in to try again but when i put it in...
  5. Why does my series x do this

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my series x do this: since i got my series x whenever i turn it on and on the home screen it says connect to the xbox network after 10 to 30 seconds it connects by itself. Is this normal?...
  6. Why does xbox like shafting people

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does xbox like shafting people: I get home from a long days work and i turn on my console to see an update for the game i play. It installs then gets stuck at 1.2% finishing things up. I wait about 20 minutes for nothing to...
  7. Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it my household socket and turned on does it set...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it my household socket and turned on does it set...: Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it in my household socket and turned on does it set sombodys house alarm start blaring thanks in advance 3446b748-880c-421d-b13b-a923768fc288
  8. Why does my Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000, Black work on my personal desktop but not work on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000, Black work on my personal desktop but not work on...: I work remote. My team can hear me on Zoom or Skype on my personal desktop. But in Citrix and the cati or whatever that software is that we use to do surveys, one or both of these aren't working...
  9. Why does my Xbox Discord stream not pick up my background music?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox Discord stream not pick up my background music?: I usually play games with Spotify or Soundcloud music playing in the background. Lately, I've decided to try streaming, first testing in my own server to see if it works. I realized if I listen...
  10. Why does my Xbox disconnect from 5g WiFi when I’m downloading games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox disconnect from 5g WiFi when I’m downloading games?: When I am downloading a game, my Xbox will hold a 105+ mbps download speed. But starting a couple of months ago, my Xbox randomly disconnects from the WiFi only when I’m downloading games. Does...