Why does it cost $10 to change a gamertag?

Discus and support Why does it cost $10 to change a gamertag? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I know changing a gamertag costs literally nothing for xbox (less than a cent). Why do they charge $10? Is there any way to change a gamertag without... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Ben V2, Feb 5, 2023.

1. Ben V2
    Ben V2 Guest

I know changing a gamertag costs literally nothing for xbox (less than a cent). Why do they charge $10? Is there any way to change a gamertag without paying the ridiculous fee?

:)

Ben V2, Feb 5, 2023
  2. Ben V2 Win User

Not sure what you're talking about. I'm looking to change my gamertag, not unban my account. I would hope that bans pertain to an account rather than simply a gamertag...
  3. Ben V2 Win User

So, there wouldn't be any names left because the gamertag names are limited to 12 characters? Seems like an artificial limitation to me. Also, changing a few bits in a server costs almost nothing, so I don't see how there are any significant back-end costs. Am I missing something here?
  4. ngocphi Win User

Ya play pc and non free 2 play titles

Name is a privilege

There has to be thought behind your name and if you break the rules with your name there has to be consequences

Otherwise if you don't put thought into your name and repeaf offences freely you will end up with a perm ban

Mosf services require payment for name changes as thought should be used behind your name

Just.use more thouvght with your name

Unless you are going with a clan which case maybe you.should.consider joining another clan if 10 bucks is too much

Cause it's.more on other services

Some wont even allow you to change your name

In steam you can get a free.name.change but it doesn't affect in-game name
  5. Jonny306 Win User

Hello there!

My name is Jonny and I will be the Independent Advisor for Microsoft assisting you today!

First, thank you so much for contacting us regarding your concern.

The fee comes for many back-end reasons. If players could change their tag for free, there would be ZERO names left to use. This would cause a TON of problems. In addition, players get ONE free which is MORE than enough to choose a name they like and want to stick with. An Xbox Account is not a social media platform that allows multiple aliases/ name changes. If you want to change your name multiple times, it comes with a cost.

This is up to you but cant be done for free.
  6. Mister Cizl Win User

why does it cost 10 dollars to change my gamertag?

Hey ContinualButton! Unfortunately there is no way to get a free change after your first Gamertag is selected. If you would like to see a change to this, you will want to submit that idea
    here so the proper teams can be made aware. Thanks!
Thema:

1. Why does it cost $10 to change a gamertag? - Similar Threads - Why does cost

2. Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .: Why..... is the question ... what is real how do you define real...(that's where is shuts off haha) Everytime i try to play the matrix demo my console shuts down there's a green screen for a split...
  3. Why does my elite 2 controller only work when i plug it in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite 2 controller only work when i plug it in.: I have an Elite 2 controller but the xbox button turns on and off. It'll be on for up to 5 seconds but none of the buttons work and it flashes really fast as if it connected but automatically...
  4. why does my steam have this code? loadlibary failed error 126

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my steam have this code? loadlibary failed error 126: yeah i went to steam and it has that error message please help me with this and even xbox too c51e5eb6-e199-4bdd-b0c9-420ddb7be2fd
  5. Why does my Xbox One say "UPnP Not Successful" if the wifi is fine?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox One say "UPnP Not Successful" if the wifi is fine?: Ever since I got a new wifi router my Xbox One always says "UPnP not successful" even though the wifi and all other devices using it are perfectly fine. I tried multiple things: Hard resetting the...
  6. Why does my Xbox game chat work but no game audio or sounds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox game chat work but no game audio or sounds: I just got the Astro A10 headset and have tried every way I could possibly find and think of. I just then managed to get the mic to work when spoken into and can hear other people in the Xbox...
  7. Why does my controller keep de-syncing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller keep de-syncing: When I'm playing a game it randomly de-syncs for just a few seconds then starts working again normally. It's a brand new controller from the xbox store and sometimes it will go for hours with no...
  8. Why does my XBOX hdmi work on my laptop but not my TV?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my XBOX hdmi work on my laptop but not my TV?: I've tried 2 different HDMI cords AND 2 different TVS. Neither of them are showing signal for HDMI 1 or 2. It was working just fine yesterday morning and then it just stopped working out of...
  9. Why does my Xbox only work on one telly?

in XboX Insiders
    Why does my Xbox only work on one telly?: Same cable same Xbox different screens my partners Xbox one S telly freaking and glitching out so we tried the basic stuff. Unplugged and held the power button even changed the hdmi cable and...
  10. why does my xbox keep saying installation stopped?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox keep saying installation stopped?: i’ve been trying to install fortnite for the past few days looking up all sorts of ways to fix the problem but nothing seems to work. ive tried probably every method that i could find on youtube...