Why does Horizon 4 multiplayer crash so often?

Discus and support Why does Horizon 4 multiplayer crash so often? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Why does Horizon 4 multiplayer crash so often? It's not my Xbox s device as other games don't. (Horizon 5 seems ok). If I am involved in a Ranked race,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by J.Am, Mar 2, 2023.

1. J.Am
    J.Am Guest

Why does Horizon 4 multiplayer crash so often? It's not my Xbox s device as other games don't. (Horizon 5 seems ok). If I am involved in a Ranked race, the sound is stuck at the point of the crash and the picture shows whatever part of the race I was at. I must then shutdown, turn off the power for 10 sec. and when I go back in, I find that 20-25 ranked points have been deducted for "quitting" a race. I have lost several hundred ranked points on this issue. When I work on car designs or tuning for an hour or so it will also crash when attempting to save a file. Frustrating as a one hour of work on a paint design is lost. I have uninstalled and reinstalled H4 with no success. So, my favorite things to do in H4 are not working any longer. Any suggestions other than quit the game?

:)

J.Am, Mar 2, 2023
  2. J.Am Win User

Thank you!

Will try the steps that you suggested.

I started thinking that I had saved to many design and tune files on this game.

J.
  3. Starseid Win User

Hello,

It looks like this issue is coming from the last major update back in 2021. Due to the age and priority of FH4 over more recent titles and that we haven't seen any updates to the community on the matter, Its unlikely at this point that it will be addressed any time soon if at all.

One work around im seeing is to start the game with your Xbox in Offline Mode first. (You can find this setting under Settings>General>Network Settings then select "Go Offline". Once the game loads) Once the games fully loads, then reenable Online Play. Unfortunately you would have to do this every time you launch the game.
  4. Rostom L Win User

Hi J.Am!

Sorry to hear about what happened. Since it's happening to one specific game only, it may be a compatibility issue or game bug. But let's further isolate it.

Pleaae try to test your network connection, try a different profile, re-add your account, and resync your cloud saves. You can check all the steps through this link https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/troubl...

If it does the same thing, try to lower your display resolution and lower the refresh rate. Let's see if it makes a difference.
    Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    Select Profile & system > Settings.
    Under General, select TV & display options.
    Choose the display and picture settings appropriate for your TV.

As our last resort, we could perform a factory reset. But no worries, there's an option to keep your games and apps. Check the guide here https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...
  5. Rostom L Win User

Sure thing, J. I appreciate your efforts. Hopefully we can get it to work. Please keep me posted.
  6. J.Am Win User

Thank you for your thoughts on this matter.

I will try to launch the game offline first, then if needed go to your ideas.

I did do a factory reset a while ago, but it didn't work.

I started thinking that I had saved to many design and tune files on this game.

It takes a very long time to reload my game files in the factory rest process as I have thousands of files.

Every time a color is changed on car paint design, a new file is created.

You have provided me with a good many actions to work this issue.

Thanks again.

J.
Thema:

1. Why does Horizon 4 multiplayer crash so often? - Similar Threads - Why does Horizon

2. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  3. Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?: I have a pair of speakers plugged into my Xbox One S using the optical port and sound only comes out one side. I’ve already verified that both speakers do work. I’ve tried changing a few settings...
  4. Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install: I bought Black Ops III and it’s been installing but it stopped at 93.8% and it said the disk may have been damaged or it is dirty. I cleaned it and put it back in to try again but when i put it in...
  5. Why does my series x do this

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my series x do this: since i got my series x whenever i turn it on and on the home screen it says connect to the xbox network after 10 to 30 seconds it connects by itself. Is this normal?...
  6. Why does xbox like shafting people

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does xbox like shafting people: I get home from a long days work and i turn on my console to see an update for the game i play. It installs then gets stuck at 1.2% finishing things up. I wait about 20 minutes for nothing to...
  7. Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it my household socket and turned on does it set...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it my household socket and turned on does it set...: Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it in my household socket and turned on does it set sombodys house alarm start blaring thanks in advance 3446b748-880c-421d-b13b-a923768fc288
  8. Why does Forza Horizon 4 keep getting stuck when i open the pause menu on Xbox Series X?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Forza Horizon 4 keep getting stuck when i open the pause menu on Xbox Series X?: I recently got a physical copy of FH4 on my Xbox Series X. Keep in mind I live in Lebanon, the internet is not too good and I usually just install physical copies and play the games offline...
  9. Why does Forza Horizon 5 keep crashing?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Forza Horizon 5 keep crashing?: Forza Horizon 5 keeps crashing on Windows 11 at the first window with the error code 0x64. Tried multiple solutions, none seemed to work, I tried sfc, reinstalling the game, repairing my windows,...
  10. Why does my forza horizon 5 randomly stop downloading

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my forza horizon 5 randomly stop downloading: Every time I try downloading forza horizon 5 it just randomly stops. This has been happening for two days straight and I’ve wasted so much time waiting for it to download just for it to stop....