Why does gamepass take forever to start a download?

Discus and support Why does gamepass take forever to start a download? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So as the title says, I want to know why Game pass takes so long to actually start downloading a game. Once it has started its fine but it can take up... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Raggle66, Sep 15, 2022.

1. Raggle66
    Raggle66 Guest

So as the title says, I want to know why Game pass takes so long to actually start downloading a game.

Once it has started its fine but it can take up to an hour, sometimes longer for it to actually start the download which is infuriating. Does anyone know of a fix for this or can we get Microsoft to do something?

This has always been a thing and so far nothing has been done to fix it.

Game pass is great but the experience of downloading games suck,

:)

Raggle66, Sep 15, 2022
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

It's queing on the remote server, and reserving the space on the hard drive. Typically downloads start within a minute
  3. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Raggle66, when it comes to downloading games from Game Pass, would you be trying to download it on the console or PC?

Is your device connected by Wi-Fi or network cable?

Would you know what kind of DNS you are using, whether it would be from your internet operator, or some public DNS

I'll be waiting for your reply
  4. WattyNuela Win User

Why does Minecraft take forever to start.

Hello there, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you, ready to assist with this.

Not a Microsoft employee.

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble while trying to play Minecraft. Let's try to sort this out.

However, I need more information from you:

Are you using Windows 10 or 11 on your PC?

Is this happening with more games?

What procedures you tried to fix this inconvenience so far?
  5. Ronnieee Win User

Why are my downloads taking forever?

If in any case that the first option did not work, please do port forwarding and it would also be best to reach out with your internet provider to help out with opening ports from the router settings.
  6. Ronnieee Win User

Why are my downloads taking forever?

Thema:

1. Why does gamepass take forever to start a download? - Similar Threads - Why does gamepass

2. Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?: I am trying to play some black ops three zombies with my friends but I cannot join them because bo3 says my nat type is strict. But when I go to my Xbox's network settings it says open and all...
  3. Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.: I'm not able to talk to my friends in a party chat while I'm on computer It pops up a message that states this "Background apps permissions for Xbox are turned off. Other may not be able to hear...
  4. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  5. Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?: I have a pair of speakers plugged into my Xbox One S using the optical port and sound only comes out one side. I’ve already verified that both speakers do work. I’ve tried changing a few settings...
  6. Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install: I bought Black Ops III and it’s been installing but it stopped at 93.8% and it said the disk may have been damaged or it is dirty. I cleaned it and put it back in to try again but when i put it in...
  7. Why does my series x do this

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my series x do this: since i got my series x whenever i turn it on and on the home screen it says connect to the xbox network after 10 to 30 seconds it connects by itself. Is this normal?...
  8. Why does xbox like shafting people

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does xbox like shafting people: I get home from a long days work and i turn on my console to see an update for the game i play. It installs then gets stuck at 1.2% finishing things up. I wait about 20 minutes for nothing to...
  9. Why don't PC gamepass players got the same thing as Xbox players does in the achievements ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why don't PC gamepass players got the same thing as Xbox players does in the achievements ?: First thing sorry for my English I am not a native speaker. secondly, I want to say that the GamePass achievements on PC are very poor compared to Xbox and it doesn't look like the Xbox...
  10. Why does the Gamepass Forza Motorsport download keep stopping of outright refusing to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does the Gamepass Forza Motorsport download keep stopping of outright refusing to...: My install of Forza Motorsport is stuck at basically half way. I have tested download speeds and everything is perfectly normal. Never had any dramas installing big games before now. Is it a...